WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   New Lake Minnetonka Surf video (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784688)

11-10-2010 11:24 AM

New Lake Minnetonka Surf video
 
Marine Max / Nautique of Minnesota hosted Team iDOL wake surfing on Lake Minnetonka in fall of 2010. Here is video from 2 sessions surfing behind the 2011 Super Air Nautique 230 wave machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCNgys1yk0

duffymahoney 11-10-2010 2:25 PM

Very interesting wave. How much weight are you running?

StanleyWheelhouse 11-10-2010 4:34 PM

That wave is sick!!!!

bigcatpt 11-10-2010 4:39 PM

I too would love to know the weight set up! I have a buddy with this same boat and his wave looks nothing even close to as good as this! Please share set up!

duramat 11-10-2010 6:50 PM

x2

Awsome vid, I liked it alot.

duffymahoney 11-10-2010 7:54 PM

Bigcat, don't you think it looks like our wave?

11-10-2010 8:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The setup is still a work in progress, however, we are getting closer...

Here is what I posted later that week, I think this is what we had on the sunny day.

Factory Port and Belly Full
300 LBs on portside of bow to lengthen wave (230 hull likes even weight for boarding and surfing)
600 on floor in front of aft bench seat
750 in port locker
750 on port bench seat
400 on port bench seat
750 on rear bench seat

10.6-11 MPH, Danny went a bit faster at 11.3 to end the day.

I think that was it... Goofy wave is just as nice and big, a bit steeper.

Pics from that day...

11-10-2010 8:09 PM

Is Brandon in Texas right now with you Wheelhouse? He can tell you about the wave...

lakesurfer 11-10-2010 8:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmcorrectax (Post 1645477)
The setup is still a work in progress, however, we are getting closer...

Here is what I posted later that week, I think this is what we had on the sunny day.

Factory Port and Belly Full
300 LBs on portside of bow to lengthen wave (230 hull likes even weight for boarding and surfing)
600 on floor in front of aft bench seat
750 in port locker
750 on port bench seat
400 on port bench seat
750 on rear bench seat

10.6-11 MPH, Danny went a bit faster at 11.3 to end the day.

I think that was it... Goofy wave is just as nice and big, a bit steeper.

Pics from that day...

Nice vid and wave. I really love the SAN 230 and I have a lot of work done on my boat with the local Nati dealer. He always wants me to take a look at buying one. I always tell him I would if you can get it to produce a great wave without a bunch of weight in the boat. I would call 3,500lbs on the seats a lot of weight in the boat.

Either way, great vid and nice wave. I just wish you could do it without having to sink it because the SAN 230 is really a great boat.

11-11-2010 7:48 AM

The extra 400 on the port bench did not change the wake, and the goofy side needs a little less actually. The video with the overcast sky had less weight in the boat... Don't quite remember what it was though.

The boat definately likes weight though, and we were not even close to maxing out the performance... Lots of potential for someone who wants to get a little crazy. Wakeboarders are sticking 5500 to 6000 in the boat.

StanleyWheelhouse 11-11-2010 8:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmcorrectax (Post 1645478)
Is Brandon in Texas right now with you Wheelhouse? He can tell you about the wave...

Not yet but he is coming!! Dial that wave in and have some custom sacs made to sell with the boats!!!!

duffymahoney 11-11-2010 9:16 AM

Impressive that anyone can afford these boats. They are amazing looking though.

lakesurfer 11-11-2010 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse (Post 1645533)
Not yet but he is coming!! Dial that wave in and have some custom sacs made to sell with the boats!!!!

You cant put custom sacs in the SAN 230. The have a wall were the back locker meets the seats, so you can't run one sac that fills the back locker and the area under the seats. They do have the piggy back system in the 2011 so you could fill the tanks and a sac on top of it in the back locker.

duffymahoney 11-12-2010 11:30 AM

Is the wall removable? I know people have cut out stuff like that before for custom sacs.

lakesurfer 11-12-2010 3:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffymahoney (Post 1645721)
Is the wall removable? I know people have cut out stuff like that before for custom sacs.

You would have to cut it out. I was told that it is not necessary for the structural integrity of the boat. I just am not that big on spending $90K on a boat and then taking a saw to it.

You would also have to move the batteries from under the seat to the observers locker (which would not be that big of a deal).

Our local dealer said he would ask Nati at their winter meetings why the 230 is built this way. Evidently, I am not the 1st person to ask. He told me that a lot of his current clients are looking to surf more.

11-22-2010 9:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another picture of the wave that day, this one show it really well.

Tollie is just a star...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.