WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   Congrats Kat & Allison!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779063)

sexyws6mama 05-01-2010 6:19 AM

Congrats Kat & Allison!!!
 
Congrats at Wake Games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Masters Women Semifinals (all riders advance)
1. Kat Laird - 50.00
2. Allison Blaha - 48.33

wakekat15 05-01-2010 4:35 PM

Thanks, Audrey! I injured my foot on my last trick and could not ride today. I see the surgeon on Tuesday. Allison won, but had to leave early, so I collected her trophy on crutches! lol :D

Allison - that trophy is BIG. You'll be having to pick that up at World's, cause I don't have a bag that big going to Reno! ;-D

otown_dave 05-01-2010 8:21 PM

Hope the foot checks out well kat,

sexyws6mama 05-01-2010 9:16 PM

Kat; sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it's nothing too serious. What trick did it?

Congrats Allison on taking home the big one!

Do ya'll have video?

wakekat15 05-02-2010 5:42 AM

Video of the ladies from Saturday....

http://wakegirls.com/videos/?v=56

That tantrum got me again!! Thanks, Audrey & Dave!

sexyws6mama 05-02-2010 9:27 AM

Great video! I hope to ride that good one day and meet those other awesome wakeboarders! :)

oldgirl 05-03-2010 7:19 PM

Thanks Audrey...Amy rode well also. It was good to see a new face. Kat had a near flawless pass on Friday.

Kat, let us know the results of the mri tomorrow. I hope it has already begun healing.

wakekat15 05-04-2010 12:48 PM

Thanks, Allison - too bad that last little fall had to happen.

Out for the year, Ladies....please represent @ Nationals & I'll be there to cheer you on at World's!!

sexyws6mama 05-04-2010 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1581319)
Thanks, Allison - too bad that last little fall had to happen.

Out for the year, Ladies....please represent @ Nationals & I'll be there to cheer you on at World's!!

what went wrong with the tantrum?

wakekat15 05-04-2010 1:32 PM

Didn't take a real aggressive cut due to riding at a shorter line length....landed on the 2nd wake and Wham, Bam, Thank u, Ma'am! One jacked foot due to landing about 3 feet higher than I expected. The wake was BIG - they had it weighted really nice!

sexyws6mama 05-05-2010 9:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1581343)
Didn't take a real aggressive cut due to riding at a shorter line length....landed on the 2nd wake and Wham, Bam, Thank u, Ma'am! One jacked foot due to landing about 3 feet higher than I expected. The wake was BIG - they had it weighted really nice!

The tantrum is what I want to try this summer and now you got me scaried! LOL In your opinion which invert would be the best to try first? Also, where you comfortable upside down before you tried your first tantrum?

wakekat15 05-05-2010 3:53 PM

I was comfortable going upside down on a trampoline for sure. I'd say the best invert to try 1st depends upon your comfort level. If you have a really strong progressive HS edge that you can hold all the way thru the wake and can mentally envision throwing your board away from the boat, a HS backroll is your trick. If you do not hold your HS edge thru the top of the wake, but can envision throwing a back flip with one hand on the handle, the tantrum is the one to start with. I personally had trouble visualizing throwing the board away from the boat, and thus ended up with the tantrum.

Do you have access to a trampoline to try them there first?

aliwake 05-05-2010 5:04 PM

Hey Kat, you haven't said exactly what sort of injury you have to your foot? How long is your recovery meant to be? I hope it all goes really well, and you're back on the water sooner rather than later!!

wakekat15 05-05-2010 5:33 PM

Hi Alice!

I suffered a very rare, but serious foot injury....lisfranc ligament tear and dislocation. It will require screws and likely a plate - no weight bearing for 3 to 4 months. Remove hardware somewhere around 6 months and start the healing process over...likely 9 to 12 months total, which is much longer than any of my ACL injuries!

I'm hoping for sooner rather than later too, but this one cannot be rushed! Darn it!

aliwake 05-05-2010 9:17 PM

OMG!!! that's awful! I can't believe you can't weight bear for that long... that'll be really tough. when's your surgery scheduled?
All the best. I will be thinking of you. At least after all your other surgeries, you know you can come back from anything!

sexyws6mama 05-06-2010 4:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1581832)
I was comfortable going upside down on a trampoline for sure. I'd say the best invert to try 1st depends upon your comfort level. If you have a really strong progressive HS edge that you can hold all the way thru the wake and can mentally envision throwing your board away from the boat, a HS backroll is your trick. If you do not hold your HS edge thru the top of the wake, but can envision throwing a back flip with one hand on the handle, the tantrum is the one to start with. I personally had trouble visualizing throwing the board away from the boat, and thus ended up with the tantrum.

Do you have access to a trampoline to try them there first?

Yes, I have a trampoline in my backyard and can do back tucks and back layouts by myself. Do I need to practice with the board on? I think I would fall off! LOL

I thought I would try a tantrum first. I mean I think I have an agressive HS edge but how can I really tell? I land in the flats sometimes.

wakekat15 05-06-2010 5:14 AM

Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 12th - thanks, Alice!

Audrey - just practice on the tramp with a rope/handle before taking it to the water. Work on keeping your front hand/elbow at your front hip and be sure you are looking straight back on the flip (vs.bacn & to the rear).

sexyws6mama 05-06-2010 8:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakekat15 (Post 1581994)
Surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 12th - thanks, Alice!

Audrey - just practice on the tramp with a rope/handle before taking it to the water. Work on keeping your front hand/elbow at your front hip and be sure you are looking straight back on the flip (vs.bacn & to the rear).

I practice a little with the rope at the gym but haven't on my trampoline at home. I definelty throw my head back!! :) Thanks Kat!

cwb4me 05-06-2010 9:09 AM

audrey go to wakeboardcamp.com then email them about trampoline training . they have a soft flexible wake board they use just on the trampoline. helps with muscle memory so when you take it to the water you'll have quicker success.

aliwake 05-11-2010 3:27 PM

Hey Kat - good luck with your surgery today. Things can only get better from here!

wakekat15 05-11-2010 3:55 PM

I guess your today is my tomorrow! :D Thanks, Alice!

PS Plan a trip to FL in your "winter" - we'll hook you up with a place to stay and drag you around the gators. You are used to it, as you have to ride with crocodiles, right?~!

aliwake 05-11-2010 5:34 PM

yeah, i wasn't sure how far behind you guys are, but I figured you'd be at the hospital first thing tomorrow anyway?

I'd love to come visit for sure - it would be great! thanks for the offer! unfortunatey, having just bought a house we're really broke at the moment, but I'll definitely put you on my holiday 'to do' list! I'd say there's an excellent chance you'll be back riding again before I can make it. I'm still a few months off riding yet anyway - I'm about 5 months post acl reco and look forward to getting on the water soon - except it's starting to get cold now.

There's only crocs in the very northern parts of aus, but where I ride on the Brisbane River there're apparently lots of bull sharks. I've never seen one though, and hope to keep it that way! I think they stick to the bottom, and we stick to the top, so it's all good :)

otown_dave 05-11-2010 8:51 PM

Good luck with your surgery, it's a shame they couldn't do the knee at the same time.

wakekat15 05-12-2010 4:42 AM

Thanks, Dave....I think I'll be putting that one off indefinitely! And, as luck would have it, the bad knee is my R and the foot thing is the L!

wakekat15 05-13-2010 4:55 AM

Hi Everyone - they put Humpty Dumpty's foot back together again and I am doing as well as can be expected. THANKS to all of you for your concern/best wishes/good mojo/etc, as it worked! Have fun and stay safe this season!!

aliwake 05-13-2010 3:39 PM

Great to hear you're doing ok Kat - keep us updated!

jdameron 05-14-2010 12:42 PM

Congrats Kat! Shoot come out here to Colorado and give me a lesson :) Hope you get better soon!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:41 PM.