WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Little wheels on the back of your trailer (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778759)

piggie 04-22-2010 2:02 AM

Little wheels on the back of your trailer
I'm going to see a guy tomorrow night about fitting some kind of wheels or something to the back of my trailer on the bit under the prop, As everytime i back up my driveway it hits the concrete and is making a bit of a mess , Does anybody have any pictures they could post of there trailers with the little wheels or rollers on them so i can show the guy exactly wat im talking about , Thanks in advance :D

piggie 04-22-2010 3:36 AM

Ok found out they maybe called skid wheels . But not having much luck on google image search to find the same fitment i am looking at , Have seen a few pics on here with them fitted but they are not exactly clear or up close ..

piggie 04-22-2010 3:39 AM

Oh good news :) Just found this http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ht=skid+wheels but wondering if there are any more ideas out there ..

ClutchIndustries 04-22-2010 5:27 AM

Check out trailer supply shops in your area. Not semi shops, but places that sell enclosed trailers like vintage, renegade, hallmark etc... Myself and lots of other racers put them on our trailers to save them at gas stations tracks etc... I forget how much they run, but go with a sollid alum or steel wheel as pictured. plastic ones will just bend and crack.

ClutchIndustries 04-22-2010 5:28 AM

Also they do make wheels that are about 1-2ft long. Just one of those make work under your prop and distribute weight more evenly.

chris4x4gill2 04-22-2010 5:30 AM

They are called Castors also. Any welder can add them to your trailer, as long as he knows where to buy the castors / wheels themselves. I would go to a trailer shop, one that makes trailers in house, to look for them myself. They will know exactly what you need.

chris4x4gill2 04-22-2010 5:42 AM

Found one at Etrailer.com


razzman 04-22-2010 7:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They're called prop cage rollers; California Trailers

wake_upppp 04-22-2010 5:11 PM

Dont waste your time with any other wheel material other than cast iron. I bought mine from McMaster-Carr. 1000lbs capacity each and a zerk fitting so you can grease them. Lemme see if I can get a pic...

younguns44 04-22-2010 6:40 PM

if you adjust the height of your tow ball just before you up the drive way you can angle your trailer to avoid the concrete on the drive way

trace 04-22-2010 7:03 PM

Agree with the comments re metal wheels. Mine are hard plastic, and they do not hold up.

piggie 04-23-2010 2:42 AM

thanks all .. i found some little nylon wheels today similar to razzmans pic and got 2 of them for $10 .. got to the shop tonight but the guy reckons he can make some out of some nylon tube thing he has and they will slip up under the trialer and be out of sight .. will let you all know how i get on and add pics once done :) I dont want anything other than nylon otherwise it will possibly mark the coloured concrete driveway, its the only time that it ever hits so the nylon should still last a while, Cannot adjust towball height as it is in a fixed position :)

bbeach 04-23-2010 6:29 AM

Here's what I did on my trailer




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 PM.