WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776965)
-   -   New post/update (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777162)

jason95gt 03-03-2010 3:18 PM

New post/update

Just wondering if there is a way to know what posts/updates have been from the last time you viewed the website like the old site had?

wakeworld 03-03-2010 3:21 PM

There's a different colored folder on the threads that have new posts since your last visit. This is the substitute for the "new" image that was on the old site. There is a legend at the bottom of each page that tells what the icons mean.

jason95gt 03-04-2010 6:29 AM

So the newest posted items don't go to the top and go down from there based on time? Looking at the folders, there are red and tan ones but they are scattered.

wakeworld 03-04-2010 9:48 AM

7 Attachment(s)
When you're in a thread, such as this one, the newer posts are attached to the bottom. There is an icon to the left of the posters name on each message that indicates whether the post is new (Attachment 327) or old (Attachment 328). Yellow indicates new and blue indicates old.

When you're on a thread listing page, which is one level above this one, threads with the latest posts will appear at the top and threads that haven't been posted to lately will fall to the bottom. There is an envelope icon to the far left of each thread that indicates whether or not that thread contains new posts. If the envelope is sealed (Attachment 322 or Attachment 323), there are no new posts. If the envelope is open with a message sticking out of it (Attachment 324 or Attachment 325), that tells you that there are new posts in that thread. The red color just tells you if the thread is "hot" (busy) or not. If you need a reminder as to what icon means what, there is a legend at the bottom of each page with thread listings.

Now in addition to the icon of the envelope with a message popping out the top (Attachment 324 or Attachment 325), the threads with new posts also have a down arrow icon (Attachment 326) at the beginning of the thread name. If you click this icon, it will take you directly to the newest post, which is a feature a lot of people had asked for in the old system.

I hope that clears it all up. A lot of this is just getting used to the way it works. So far I'm super impressed with how efficient this discussion board is.

team_o 03-04-2010 6:19 PM

ANy chance of (or point me to) the "old" search all since last time I visited function?

admin 03-04-2010 6:29 PM

Click "New Posts" on the blue bar at the top of the page.

sixeye 03-04-2010 9:41 PM

Those envelopes are confusing as all get out! How about we go back to plain old "New" for new posts in a thread? Simple and obvious.

team_o 03-05-2010 6:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 1558661)

Thanks, but they need to be sorted by forum IMO....

jason95gt 03-05-2010 6:35 AM

Dave, if that is the case then it isn't working right as I am on here daily and in the wakeboarding discussion group, there ar envelopes with letter sticking out from 2 days ago that I have already read and viewed.

bill_sloan 03-05-2010 4:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 1558661)

This. ^ Ignore the envelopes.

wakeworld 03-06-2010 4:38 PM

We're still working out some kinks with the login stuff that might be causing your problem, so bear with us.

sixeye 03-10-2010 6:30 PM

I am wondering what classifies a thread as a Hot Post versus a normal Post. Those open red envelopes aren't actually enticing me to read that particular thread. The subject has to be something I am interested in. Envelope color has no bearing for me.