WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Best place for swing check valves (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746898)

talltigeguy 11-12-2009 2:21 PM

I am looking to rerout some of my hoses on my X-45 this winter. I will need some 1 inch check valves to make it all work. <BR> <BR>I have done some searching but have not come up with the check valves that are just right. <BR> <BR>I am looking for some swing type check valves that have barbed fittings that can be screwed into the them. <BR> <BR>I like the fittings from <a href="http://www.flexpvc.com" target="_blank">www.flexpvc.com</a> but they do not have ends that can be screwed into. I would like to rely on glue as little as possible. <BR> <BR>I am sure someone knows what I am referring to and can remember where they got them. Thanks in advance.

wakesurfer08 11-12-2009 4:51 PM

The swing type that I have are made by Spears and are threaded on both ends. I believe that these are the ones MC uses. <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.spearsmfg.com/" target="_blank">http://www.spearsmfg.com/</a> <BR> <BR>Hope this helps!

chpthril 11-12-2009 6:49 PM

Tall, <BR> <BR>I get mine from <a href="http://www.plumbingsupply.com" target="_blank">www.plumbingsupply.com</a> and they are cheaper on shipping then flexpvc.com. Yes, they are the slip-fit ones that require "gluing" but dont be afraid. PVC glue is more of a chemical reaction that melts the 2 pieces together and makes them one when cured. <BR> <BR>The valves are $11.85 ea and require 2 barbed adapters (# 460-010) and they are $1.54 ea.

wake_upppp 11-12-2009 7:13 PM


talltigeguy 11-13-2009 8:37 AM

Thanks guys! I am sure I can find what I need in one of those spots.

wakemikey 11-13-2009 9:32 AM

<a href="http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvccheck.html" target="_blank">http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvccheck.html</a> <BR> <BR>but the brass ones from home depot for $5 work good too <BR> <BR>(Message edited by wakemikey on November 13, 2009)

nick_in_ssp 11-13-2009 10:58 AM

Starnursery.com search "swing check valve" $9 for a 1". They are what I use in my system and I have had no problems

talltigeguy 11-13-2009 11:15 AM

Wakemikey, I have never seen a brass check valve for $5. Maybe $35 if you get them in the 1 inch size like I need.

jonblarc7 11-13-2009 11:55 AM

talltigeguy <BR> <BR>I used the ones WakeMikey is talking about but there 12 dollars not 35 or 5. <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&amp;productId=27947-34146-M31&amp;lpage=none" target="_blank">http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&amp;productId=27947-34146-M31&amp;lpage=none</a>

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:36 AM.