WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 24, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=720153)
-   -   What is this trick called? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718516)

zanezibar 07-21-2009 5:23 PM

I am doing a toeside backroll but letting go with my following hand so i rotate a backside 180 and land switch without passing the handle. <BR> <BR>Is their a specific name for this trick?

wakeboardlf25 07-21-2009 5:29 PM

are you holding the handle with both hands behind your back on the approach? Prob called a wrapped roll to blind. melissa marquardt (spelling?) does them with the wrapped handle all the time

zanezibar 07-21-2009 5:49 PM

Hmm yeah I am not wrapped, the rope is held in both hands on the approach then i let go at take off and land with one on as well. The only reason I don't need to pass the handle is because i duck under my arm and twist it reminds me of a whirly in a way

somebuddy 07-21-2009 5:57 PM

It sounds like a T/S backroll to blind.

wakeboardlf25 07-21-2009 6:46 PM

i get what ur sayin now and ive never seen it done before do i dunno...vid would be nice

zanezibar 07-21-2009 8:01 PM

for sure i will get some film next set for ya

xbones 07-21-2009 8:27 PM

toe roll 2 blind

boarderpat 07-21-2009 8:38 PM

AKA G-Spot...

ncboarderboy 07-21-2009 8:39 PM

like a pete rose but you dont look over youre shoulder at the end?

norcalbordr 07-21-2009 8:52 PM

You letting go with your lead hand or rear hand?

zanezibar 07-21-2009 11:34 PM

i let go with the rear hand

boarderpat 07-22-2009 7:58 AM

to clear this up...are you goofy/regular? and are you letting go with your left or right hand?

xbones 07-22-2009 8:02 AM

yo... like I said, this is a toeside backroll to blind. think about it. <BR> <BR>pass the handle and add another 180 and you have yourself a blind pete.

andy_nintzel 07-22-2009 9:59 AM

I think its just a TS roll to revert, sorry to burst your bubble here... I mean if you are not Passing, Not taking off wrapped and and landing wrapped (with the rope behind your back) you just doing a TS R2R.

romes 07-22-2009 10:27 AM

i vote R2R.

hunterw 07-22-2009 10:56 AM

toeside roll to revert

ncsuuh 07-22-2009 11:05 AM

Def. A toe backroll 2 revert. Not sure how you would land blind without a handle pass or being wrapped.

boarderpat 07-22-2009 11:08 AM

that's why I asked about goofy/regular etc... <BR> <BR>trailing hand in to the wake toeside could be the hand FARTHEST from the wake which would still be your FRONT hand... <BR> <BR>Probably a toeside roll to revert as stated above...

xbones 07-22-2009 11:31 AM

it is called "to blind"... think about a bat-to-blind... same concept

xbones 07-22-2009 11:37 AM

no wrapped landing here: <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=</a> <BR> <BR>still called "to blind"

xbones 07-22-2009 12:19 PM

TS R2R is a frontside spin... he is spinning BS.

andy_nintzel 07-22-2009 12:41 PM

my bet is still a TS FS R2R. I can not imagine some one doing a TS Role To Blind on accident, I think that he may be thinking he is spinning BS but is actually spinning FS. But again w/o vidoe who knows.

xbones 07-22-2009 12:45 PM

agreed. FS spin would be R2R for sure. BS spin is R2B for sure. <BR> <BR>Zane: W/O video proof we have determined that your trick is... <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>...undeterminable.

romes 07-22-2009 12:50 PM

i was thinking the same thing...most likely if someone was doing r2b's they would probably have a pretty firm knowledge of the sport and what fs and bs meant as well as blind.

xbones 07-22-2009 1:09 PM

I assumed if he was actually landing a TS roll variation he would be able to distinguish the diff b/t a FS and BS spin.

wakemania 07-22-2009 1:17 PM

I think a R2B would be possible without cuffing or passing the handle. He said he had to duck under the rope to avoid passing. Let's say he is regular and coming in TS. If he lets go with his left hand, he would have to ole the handle so to speak over his head and then rotate backside and land switch heel. Am I seeing this right? Sounds like a tough spin, but so is a TS BS 180.

andy_nintzel 07-22-2009 1:19 PM

I hear ya Luker. <BR> <BR>I was not trying to be a dick when I said that it just a R2R. But you know on a TS R2R the 180 does seem like its a Blind 180 if you just think about the trick, but as we all know in fact it is a FS 180. I have tried a million TS FR to Blind and they are wicked hard and super unnatural feeling.

zanezibar 07-22-2009 1:26 PM

To clarify , I start toeside (regular stance) throw the flip over my right shoulder and just today i started holding on with both hands and locking my elbows then rotate the back one landing switch facing the boat on my heel edge

guido 07-22-2009 1:27 PM

Most people forget to think about a toeside front side spin as such. Because you spin away from the boat like a HS/BS spin a lot of people get confused. I'm saying he's doing a roll to revert, but thinks he's spinning backside. <BR> <BR>I agree... If you're doing a roll to blind, you probably know what you're doing.

romes 07-22-2009 1:31 PM

your not passing the handle and you're not landing wrapped?

somebuddy 07-22-2009 1:32 PM

Yeah that's a T/S r2r. You are spinning frontside, not backside.

somebuddy 07-22-2009 1:34 PM

On second thought, the way you describe flipping over your right shoulder you may be doing a scarecrow.

zanezibar 07-22-2009 1:36 PM

haha alright its a R2R . I was a little confused sorry for all the poor descriptions and thanks for the help

westsidarider 07-22-2009 3:25 PM

While your flipping are you rotating with your feet coming up behind you or do your feet come up in front of you? The last description you wrote sounds like they are coming up behind you making the trick a scarecrow

zanezibar 07-22-2009 7:36 PM

nah the descriptions were a little off i just took another set and it is a toe R2R sorry im dumb <BR> <BR>thanks for the help everyone

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:47 PM.