WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 28, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=711910)
-   -   Firewall grommets or whatever they are called. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709280)

big_poppa_pump 06-22-2009 1:48 PM

Hello, done with some tower wiring and I was looking to pretty it up a bit with wiring grommets that I have seen elsewhere. <BR> <BR>So, I'm not sure what they are called but they are plastic and push into a hole (usually in metal) and protect the wire from any sharp edges. Additionally, they have tabs internally that hold the wires tightly once pushed through. <BR> <BR>I don't really know what these things are called so its hard to search for them. <BR> <BR>If anyone knows the "real name" or place to get them let me know. I looked at Autozone, Checker, Home Depot and didn't see them. <BR> <BR>Thanks

05mobiuslsv 06-22-2009 2:29 PM

Are you talking about the Neutrik Speakon connectors? <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=092-190" target="_blank">http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=092-190</a> <BR> <BR>(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on June 22, 2009)

bac 06-22-2009 2:54 PM

Chaun, you are looking for rubber grommets. You should be able to find them locally, here's a link to a place that has them. <BR> <BR><a href="http://cableorganizer.com/grommet/" target="_blank">http://cableorganizer.com/grommet/</a>

big_poppa_pump 06-22-2009 3:04 PM

nu bu, got the Neutrik connectors already but unfortunately not what I am taking about. <BR> <BR>TXSurf, close but the ones I want are plastic and interference fit once you press it through the hole. It also has some internal tabs that secure the wire from moving through the grommet. <BR> <BR>I got one of these things with my triple guage wiring pack for the SuperDuty.

murphy_smith 06-22-2009 3:22 PM

The plastic ones are called snap bushings. I have ordered from this guy before and he is very good. <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.darvex.com/grommet.html" target="_blank">http://www.darvex.com/grommet.html</a>

wakerider42 06-22-2009 4:21 PM

Murphy's got it. Also sometimes called "closed snap bushing". Only problem with these is that you can't put them in after the fact without removing the wiring and threading it back through the bushing. Same would be true with a rubber grommet. <BR> <BR>You can find snap bushings at some good mom &amp; pop type hardware stores. I haven't been able to find them at Home Depot or Lowe's.

big_poppa_pump 06-23-2009 12:27 PM

Perfect. Mucho thanks Murphy. That is exactly what I was looking for.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:26 PM.