WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   how long does it take to recover from a injury to (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510188)

amber_nicole 10-10-2007 3:54 PM

i broke my tailbone and i really wanna ride but i broke it like 1 week ago i was just wondering if anyone else had this same problem or somethig close to it any advice would help.cause i am in serious pain right now!

aliw2w 10-10-2007 5:54 PM

I wouldn't ride for a while. My friend broke hers last winter. She thought she was fine until she landed a jump while snowboarding. The next day her back was in a lot of pain. she went back to the doctor an he told her that she should not ride that much for the season. If that helps... Have you gone to the doctor yet?

suuunnnshine 10-10-2007 7:18 PM

I would definitely go to the doctor just to see how bad it is. I broke mine when I was 9 and thought it had healed and broke it again about 3 weeks later. I never went to see a doctor but if I could do it over again I'd see one just to make sure you're ok before you start riding. Hope you feel better.

alliecat0223 10-12-2007 10:03 AM

I say defintely go to the doctor and see what they say first. I know its hard sitting around doing nothing and in a lot of pain. SInce where you talil bone is it could have effected some of the lower disk in you spine( sorry we are talking about this in school right now). Plus I would take some sort of anti inflamatory to help with any swelling if there is in inside your bones and muscle area.

amber_nicole 10-14-2007 3:51 PM

thanks i went to tha doctor and i have offically broken it (tailbone) completely off my spine! sorry it took me so long to get back to u guys but really bad pain. i have to sit on a doughnut looking thing for like 6 weeks. so i am out for the season. THAT REALLY SUCKS!

wakechic06 11-22-2007 1:22 AM

All I can say is go to the Doctor and listen to what he says. Follow instructions because you don't want to end up like me. A stubborn athlete. I broke my foot 7.5 months ago and it's still not healed. I didn't listen to him, playes softball, wakeboarded all summer and played softball again. I was BACK in a cast for the second time and just got it off a week ago. I broke it April 7th....just a work of advice from the fellow injured! <BR> <BR> <BR>Good luck though! <BR> <BR>Jamie

wakechic06 11-22-2007 1:23 AM

All I can say is go to the Doctor and listen to what he says. Follow instructions because you don't want to end up like me. A stubborn athlete. I broke my foot 7.5 months ago and it's still not healed. I didn't listen to him, playes softball, wakeboarded all summer and played softball again. I was BACK in a cast for the second time and just got it off a week ago. I broke it April 7th....just a work of advice from the fellow injured! <BR> <BR> <BR>Good luck though! <BR> <BR>Jamie