WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   Transition Effect?? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439041)

wakeboarder843 04-22-2007 11:56 AM

Does anybody know what the effect is called in wakeboarding movies when they go from scene to scene and its like red and yellow kinda flashes they use it in almost everywakeboard video does anyone know what its called or how to do it?? I am using adobe premiere standard they use it in this video of parks a lot right in the beginning when they are explaining the board sizes for the year <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2A0eVXIIeU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2A0eVXIIeU</a>

richd 04-22-2007 1:38 PM

I think Dave has a tutorial on how to do it on his website (DPC Films.com.) It's like an old film burn tranistion. You can also buy them from many of the plugin guys like Alien Skin. It's going out of style quickly right now like most of these do.

04-22-2007 1:39 PM

It's film burn. You'll need to buy a 8mm, 16mm or even 35mm to do that!

wakeboardertj 04-22-2007 5:13 PM

it can probably be done through some keyframing of levels and color adjustment in after effects, im not sure how to do it in premiere though.

04-22-2007 6:24 PM

its usually done by tapping the run button on a film camera between shots or simply by the film slowing down or speeding up quickly.

olskooltige 04-22-2007 8:41 PM

<a href="http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1249035901;fp;2;fpid;2136213027" target="_blank">http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1249035901;fp;2;fpid;2136213027</a> <BR> <BR>(Message edited by Olskooltige on April 22, 2007)

cali_rider 04-24-2007 1:34 PM

Light leaks, film burn, film flash, film lead in and lead out. Can be done with any film cam, but there is a much much easier way.......if you have or know some one who has the effects. You can buy stock footage of the film burn with a black background and then composite it over your footage. Not that hard, just finding the resource is the hard part.

wakeboardertj 04-24-2007 9:16 PM

try istockphoto.com if you want to go the stock route. i'm pretty sure they have stock video

wakeboarder843 04-25-2007 10:59 AM

Thanks a lot this should get me headed in the right direction... do you guys know of any other cool effects they use in wakeboard films?? or what the next thing will be?

cali_rider 04-25-2007 5:49 PM

well to be honest, i would watch other sport films like skate, snowboard/ski or even moto, they all have a lot of style. Honestly i have seen some sick ski films check out WW films. Also "yeah right", im sure you heard of this if not you must watch! you tube my firend, youtube! Also playing with with the speed of the content is also cool as well. I would try and create someting outside the wakeboard bubble.....because if you dont then it will just look the same. hope that helps....

dcervenka 04-25-2007 11:11 PM

Hi Rich, thanks for looking out! ;-) <BR> <BR>There are many ways to get the effect.. and this is just one of them: <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.dpcfilms.com/howto/Articles/FilmBurn/" target="_blank">http://www.dpcfilms.com/howto/Articles/FilmBurn/</a>

brinks 04-26-2007 7:41 AM

I have a clip on wakeboarder.com I uploaded for some guys a while back. It is still there if you want to down load it. A friend of mine made it for me a few years ago and it works great <BR><a href="http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=3427&amp;cat=500&amp;ppuser=32 4" target="_blank">http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=3427&amp;cat=500&amp;ppuser=32 4</a>

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:54 PM.