WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeskating (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68124)
-   -   Want/Need a board.. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332469)

wakechic06 06-06-2006 1:40 AM

I've wanted a wakeskate for a long time and now that I have some money from graduation I wanted to get one..and preferable before the 19th when i'm goin to Williams lake for my senior trip. So i was wondering what board should I get, or look into getting. I was told not to get the wood ones and get concave and then of course i've heard just the opposite too. Now i'm just a beginner and pretty much just ride for fun so which board would you all suggest??? Oh and even thought im a beginner I absolutely love the LF armada's..2005's in case anyone has one for sale ;) <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>(Message edited by wakechic06 on June 06, 2006)

jovedawake 06-06-2006 5:38 AM

The 2005 Armada's are way too light. They 2006 Armada's are much better (shape, grip, &amp; weight). <BR> <BR>If you are just getting a wakeskate for fun, then I too would also get a foam board. Main reason- Wood decks are not as durable. <BR> <BR>Definitely get a concave board. (a 3D concave rocks!) <BR> <BR>If you really want that 05 Armada, even though very few will recommend it (too light!), there are a bunch of them for sale on eBay. Brand New! <BR> <BR>Godspeed. <BR> <BR>Charlie

wakechic06 06-06-2006 12:42 PM

When a board is too light, how does it effect riding? I've never riden one that isn't wood so i'm not exactly sure how it all works. Cause I can guarantee I won't be doin shov-its and stuff like that anytime soon. I don't know if that makes a difference though <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Jamie

jovedawake 06-06-2006 5:34 PM

Oh I'm sure once you get out there and you have been riding for a while... you will want to try some tricks. <BR> <BR>And maybe you won't be doing them your first time out, but eventually, you'll want to...

wakechic06 06-06-2006 10:46 PM

Well yea I know i'll try some stuff but when I do, how will it affect how I do them it it's too light??

wakeslife 06-07-2006 8:17 AM

When you start doing flip/shuv style tricks, the board will want to get away from you more and rotation will be less consistent.

jovedawake 06-07-2006 8:27 AM

Too light of a deck means: It will slide out from underneath your feet easier (especially on landings/ollies), any trick where the board leaves the water means the air will affect it more (air catches it), it will slide/spin too fast on the water when doing on-surface tricks. <BR> <BR>Because this will be your first deck, its not really going to matter so much, but if you ever switch over to a heavier board, it will be harder for you... <BR> <BR>If I were you I would get the 06 Armada, or the 05/06 Integrity Lemon. Just my opinion, both last and have good weight for a "foam" wakeskate.

wakemitch 06-17-2006 2:12 PM

if you are willing to spend the money on an armada, get an Integrity Team deck.

wakechic06 06-17-2006 2:51 PM

I got the 06 Lf Melissa 41...

jovedawake 06-18-2006 10:15 AM

good weight, good grip (safe), good graphics, good shape, GOOD CHOICE