WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Another Board advice thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798466)

CRS_mi 06-06-2013 12:11 PM

Another Board advice thread

Thinking about changing boards this year. I rode a 2011 Hyperlite tribute 142 in 2011 and a 2012 last year and so far this year. Is there anything out there that rides very similar to the tribute but faster? I like the loose almost snowboard feel of the tribute and I ride it finless. I only ride boat too so cable performance doesn't matter to me. I'm looking at the Webb 144 mainly but open to others.

GeistWakeDoc 06-12-2013 6:29 PM

I rode the Webb 144 at the Boarding School last week... liked it alot, but my current board is a Humanoid Oracle 143... which is wide and soft... I personally like the Humanoid because the width and the flex make landings supersoft on my old guy knees...
I would give the Webb a thumbs up if you are currently riding a flex board with a continuous or near continuous rocker

wakerider111 06-12-2013 11:32 PM

I have not rode the tribute or webb, but i have a hard time believing that you will find more speed in the webb considering its blended 3 stage rocker.

if you like the crossover core of the webb or want a bit of flex then you might try the hyperlite union.
if you don't mind venturing with another brand than the humanoid oracle or slingshot response will be fast riding.

other hyperlite boards you might try:
Franchise ***has a clean belly area like the tribute and was shaped by greg N. as well***
Process
Marek

the ronix viva is known for good speed and has a clean mid section too.

... Also what is your height and weight? I wonder if maybe your size is slowing you down, especially when the webb your looking at is larger than your tribute. a larger board might be a key ingredient (unfortunately the tribute and franchise do not size large than 142)

wakerider111 06-12-2013 11:42 PM

Obrien Format might be something to consider (largest size 142). everyone says the delta base tech gives the board more speed

CRS_mi 06-13-2013 4:32 AM

I'm 6'1", 190lbs. Unfortunately have not been able to ride a lot of boards. I have rode the ronix mana and lf trip in same size and am not a fan at all. I'm no expert but do have a couple uncertain and spins so not a total beginner either. Definitely like snowboarding but have never rode a flex wakeboard. I was actually consider slingshot too. But like I said, I only ride boat so Idk if flex is the way to go.

wakerider111 06-14-2013 11:16 AM

I have a couple budies that snowboard. they enjoy my slingshot more than the traditional boards they have rode... granted they have not rode many other boards.

I think you would really enjoy the slingshot response and it comes in a 145 which I believe would be a bit better size for you. having a flat-clean bottom like the response the board has a really nice glide feeling and speed that might be up your alley.