WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Perfect Pass trouble (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779311)

austin_the_wakeboard_man 05-08-2010 6:36 PM

Perfect Pass trouble

we have a 2002 x-star with the paddle wheel perfect pass and it just stoped showing the speed and working but still lights up but just kinda flickers a little and dont work at all all the other gauges still work has anybody els had this trouble

zorro 05-09-2010 6:49 AM

I just have the same boat (also same year) and I had the same problem. I called PP and they told me to check the Mastercraft wiring harness from which the cables go to the Perfect Pass unit. If there is corrosion with some wire the signal does not reach the main unit. The wiring harness is located under the rear seat. It is arranged over the tank, at least mine was there. I sprayed the connector with CRC and everything worked again.
Give it a try.

austin_the_wakeboard_man 05-09-2010 7:57 AM

ok thankyou for the help man i will give that a try

olmoomba 05-10-2010 10:04 AM

My paddle actually got stuck one day, lost my speedo and PP speed reading. I pulled the unit there on the river (turned on the bilge pump) used my finger, got it loose and we were back in business.

If not - yes check ur connections, you may even need to get a voltmeter to it.

I also have issues with the display, if moisture gets in there my screen will blank out entirely. Once it dry's out it will come back, starts faintly then gets better.

Good luck1

justintime 05-11-2010 1:32 AM

they have problems with the paddle wheels

blake_hughes 05-11-2010 12:22 PM

My Perfect Pass has been acting up intermittently. The speed will jump from 0 to 45 to 3 to 15mph, or something along those lines... Sometimes it does this and sometimes it works like it's suppose to, but it started becoming more frequent. I called the Perfect Pass tech's, they said the paddle wheel has probably failed, or water has corroded the connector. Unfortunately for me, our paddle wheel assembly does not have a disconnect at the paddle wheel. Instead, the wire runs all the way to the control module. To prove my luck is worthless... When I replace the paddle wheel, I have to install a whole new carrier assembly, too! The paddle wheel that was originally installed on my boat has been discontinued. The new one is larger, and requires a larger hole to be cut in the hull. I can't wait! Lol.

blake_hughes 05-11-2010 12:27 PM

Ohhh... My system won't allow me to adjust the set speed while it's in control either. Example: say the set speed is 21 mph, and the system is controlling the speed at 21mph. If I want to bump the speed to 22mph, I have to return the throttle to neutral, bump the set speed, then start the pull all over again.

My buddy suggested resetting the system (that's next, after the paddle wheel install), and I agree that's a good idea... Has anyone else had this issue? 2001 X-Star.

xstarrider 05-12-2010 10:55 PM

I had a problem like your first post with speed jumping on my boat. PP explained to do a reset. Sloved teh problem for a bit but it came back. They then sent me a new command box and upgraded software and no problems 4 2.5yrs

blake_hughes 05-13-2010 10:58 AM

Swatguy,
I tried the reset today... Once I get my seat reinstalled I'll give it a shot. What'd the command box cost you, if you don't mind me asking?