WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   big air pylon towers? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798548)

countryguy1717 06-10-2013 2:07 PM

big air pylon towers?

Anyone ever heard of these towers?

I have a 97 ski brendella with an extended pylon, but I have been tossing the idea around to get a tower even though I hate to drill into the boat. Came across this website, but for the prices it seems too good to be true.

Also has anyone ever installed a tower yourself?

http://www.bigairpylons.com/

bryce2320 06-10-2013 2:13 PM

I bought the vapor tower and put it on my first boat. They gave me a hell of a deal on the tower and 2 racks. The tower only took half a day to put on. It wasn't the most solid tower, but great for the price.

machloosy 06-10-2013 2:40 PM

I run an H2O tower on my older Supreme, it works well thus far for me. I'm 190 and run 1000lbs or so...

wakereviews 06-11-2013 7:55 AM

The H20 is a great tower for the money, very solid tower.

countryguy1717 06-11-2013 8:33 AM

Did you install it yourself? is it easy to do with two people?

bryce2320 06-11-2013 12:13 PM

I put mine on mostly by myself. Laying everything out is the toughest part. After that, just put it together.

ryin 06-11-2013 12:27 PM

I purchased a universal pylon from them, great price. I put a tower on my boat last year,almost went with the vapor tower but went a wake works (aerial airborne) instead.

DenverRider 06-11-2013 12:53 PM

I had one of those on my old 1990 Brendella that could also be used as a barefoot boom when you loaded it sideways. It worked fine for what it was but it still won't make a Brendella a wakeboard boat even though it was far better than the Four Winns I/O I had before that with a full tower. From that perspective it will work similarly to a wakeboard tower.

MTwakeboard 06-11-2013 2:16 PM

I had a 91 Brendella that I installed a tower on myself. I bought a Joystick Pro-Series tower because of the price. Install took me about a day. I was able to do most of it myself and only needed a friends help for about an hour or two at the end. I don't know about other tower brands, but Joystick has some really good install directions and information for their towers. If you e-mail them, they will send you pics of a Brendella with the Joystick tower on it so you can see what it looks like.

To be honest though, if I had to do it over again, I would have just kept my pylon extension. I wasn't excited about drilling holes in my boat, and I didn't get any extra height with the tower. The only advantage was the ability to install a board rack, but you can get those your pylons too.

countryguy1717 06-11-2013 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTwakeboard (Post 1827318)
I had a 91 Brendella that I installed a tower on myself. I bought a Joystick Pro-Series tower because of the price. Install took me about a day. I was able to do most of it myself and only needed a friends help for about an hour or two at the end. I don't know about other tower brands, but Joystick has some really good install directions and information for their towers. If you e-mail them, they will send you pics of a Brendella with the Joystick tower on it so you can see what it looks like.

To be honest though, if I had to do it over again, I would have just kept my pylon extension. I wasn't excited about drilling holes in my boat, and I didn't get any extra height with the tower. The only advantage was the ability to install a board rack, but you can get those your pylons too.

I actually bought some 3" racks for my pylon but they're about 2/8" too small. I figured a tower would increase value and make boarding better. Plus I could get speakers for the tower. It's so hard to find brendellas with towers or any info at all! Is it just a drill hole with plates on the underside of the fiberglass?

izzy 06-11-2013 10:03 PM

Back in the day I got a Big Air Pylon tower for my 18' Larsen...payed like $900 and installed by myself. It was a bit of a chore but worked out great. Great upgrade for a runabout!

machloosy 06-12-2013 4:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryguy1717 (Post 1827190)
Did you install it yourself? is it easy to do with two people?

I installed mine with 2 buddies and it took about 2hrs. It's very reasonable to do

MTwakeboard 06-12-2013 9:14 AM

I followed the process that this guy did, and it went really well. I can't figure out how to load pictures onto here. If you want to e-mail me, I can send you ones of my old boat, as well as the ones that Joystick sent me of other Brendella's with towers.
akzoeller@gmail.com