WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Chelan (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782657)

johnny_gatsby 08-13-2010 12:06 AM

Chelan

4 Attachment(s)
After pondering making a few ill advised comments about Aj's dating strategy--who hasn't brought out the chocolates and lubrication jelly when time is of the essence--i decided to post some pics of my day in Chelan.

ixfe 08-13-2010 12:54 AM

Nice powerturn :rolleyes:

johnny_gatsby 08-13-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixfe (Post 1621612)
Nice powerturn :rolleyes:

wow-that is hardcore--sorry.:rolleyes:.

bill_airjunky 08-13-2010 11:09 AM

Hows the glacier water? Bet it's great on the warm side in Entiat.

hatepain 08-13-2010 11:50 AM

Yeah! You're totally destroying all that butter!

08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1621820)
Yeah! You're totally destroying all that butter!

lol what butter :-p

brett564 08-13-2010 12:02 PM

That looks cold. Where is that place?

hatepain 08-13-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

lol what butter :-p
My point exactly...

Quote:

That looks cold. Where is that place?
Eastern Washington 3.5 hours from Seattle. Its typically in the mid 90's this time of year. The lake is huge at 45 miles long and over a mile wide. Its over 1400 feet deep at its deepest point and is glacier fed so its cold (probably 68-70 right now) but crystal clear with visability over 25' deep. Its the best place in the state to visit (Crescent bar is a close second) with tons of restraunts and wineries to go to.

johnny_gatsby 08-13-2010 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
the water temp is perfect-warmer than Lk Washington --at least down by the town. There has been a breeze so not pure butter--btw I made sure there were no boarders within 5 miles in either direction when I torqued the v215-my 10 year old in the back seat just slid from port to starboard and back. Gonna be 100 or so this weekend. When I was coming in last night, ran across a poor family who just had launched their aluminum boat with a 250 outboard on the back--unfortunately there was a screw up and drain pitcock not in--bad result..

johnny_gatsby 08-13-2010 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
for you not familiar with Lake Chelan--it is in central Washington just north of Wenatchee-it is really long and deep-the wind can kick and make some huge rollers--(I think Hate has some interesting stories about one day)-but it has been pretty calm--on Wednesday it was butter--(until I started power turning).

hawk22 08-14-2010 10:12 AM

We were in Chelan Falls last week. Right next to Chelan on the Columbia. Water was perfect just about anytime we wanted to ride. Question for any of you who know the area well...near the shores of the Columbia there is a lot of tall weeds in the water. I was parked along the shore everynight and would try to push out a before starting boat, but inevitably I was still in the junk. Periodically i would clear junk off the prop, but I was curious if I should try to flush the engine at all? The boat had no issues but I got to assume stuff was passing through the engine...

liveoz 08-14-2010 4:49 PM

No need to flush the engine, any weeds you pulled in will be captured in the tranny cooler, pull the hose going into that and check the strainer for weeds.

mrslowflow 08-14-2010 5:54 PM

wind

I understand about wind.I live on a large lake in VT there always seems to be a power struggle between north and south wind/temp variations.You gotta be ready to go at a moments notice round here!!Doesn't always work out though.:)