WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Adding fins to IS Blue Lake Quad Fin? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=736114)

tdub 09-21-2009 12:55 PM

We are beginning wakesurfers with an IS 2008 Blue Lake Quad Fin board. We are getting up and getting some slack in the rope but haven't been two successful on sustained runs without the rope. We have had experienced wakesurfers ride behind our boat successfully (with their own board and the Blue). So, I believe our wake is sufficient. Sorry, no photos. <BR> <BR>We are still learning technique. The goal for now is to get us "cruising" in the pocket for longer. However, I am not opposed to leveraging technology/equipment to speed this process along. The board comes stock with two fins but will support four. If I understand correctly, we can add two more fins (inner slots) and this will help with thrust (sacrificing some spinning/maneuverability). Is this correct? If so, would this make it easier to stay in the pocket longer? <BR> <BR>If yes, then what fins would be recommended? IS makes a couple of different types. Are there also 3rd party companies who make fins? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance!

rallyart 09-22-2009 7:52 PM

I'd love to know also.

duramat 09-22-2009 10:02 PM

JUST BOUGHT THE BOARD TODAY!! As I too would like to know <BR> <BR>TDub~ I spoke with the local IS rep just this afternoon about it. and thats what he was saying on the pros/cons of the added fins. One of the IS boys only rides with the 4 on his Blue Lake and has it figured on overcoming any the cons while he rides. I was quoted about $50 for another pair to go in the slots. The question is which ones are recommended.

txdyna65 09-23-2009 6:13 AM

We run the standard 9mm size on the outside and the mini me's on the inside. My wife can ride all day like that. We've had the board since may and love this setup, we are also beginners. I have not seen any 3rd party companies making fins for them. We buy our fins and boards from wakeoutlaws. (I dont work for them, just a really good place to get fins and boards from) <BR> <BR>We've been wanting to buy the big boy fins and just run those. Have heard people getting good results with that setup.

lakesurfer 09-23-2009 6:31 AM

I am new to surfing and have the IS Blue Lake as well. I also bought it from the guys at WO. Adding the extra fins adds a lot of speed (I thought the board was very slow prior to adding the extra fins). I believe I added the speed fins. I would just shoot the guys at WO an email. I am sure they would be more than happy to help.

tdub 09-23-2009 2:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like we are headed in the right direction. <BR> <BR>I see that WO has some fins that are not listed on the IS site.

lakesurfer 09-23-2009 2:59 PM

TDub - give the guys at WO a call. Tell them what you are looking for and they will point you in the right direction. I have bought 3 boards from them(and a lot of other stuff)this year solo based on their input and like each one.