WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2007 Ski Supreme (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778114)

mvanhove 03-31-2010 7:45 PM

2007 Ski Supreme

Hi there,
My dad just recently purchased a 2007 Ski Supreme V220,
I have a couple questions 1:

The stereo says that it takes Mp3 inputs, and the input is on the back of the headunit somewhere but we can't find it? :mad: The HeadUnit model is the Sony Drive S Marine. Also if you can tell me where it is and what kind of cord it takes that would be great thanks!

Second question is our boat has the two rear hard tanks in the back and a switch for the front tank. When we hit the switch for the front one there is no pump going so there is most likely just the switch no pump,tubes,sac ect. If there was to be a front ballast would it be located under the floor as a hard tank or under the front seats as a bag?

Thank's for responding to the questions if you can.
Mike.

calipackfan 03-31-2010 9:42 PM

I have the 212 Supreme. Mine came with a different head unit ( kenwood ). I went to ebay, found the head unit for sale and looked at the pictures of the ack of the head unit for what inputs/outputs it had. Kenwod had a special s video type input on the back, which I matched up with an ipod connector. Try searching ebay for a sony marnie ipod adapter. just about all head units today have some sort of connector that you can wire to an ipod. I got a 5 dollar connector that went from the kenwood connector to rcs, and then I bought someting called IJET. it hooks to the rca's and then to the ipod. it also comes with a wireless controll for the ipod which is always nice.

As for the ballast- mine came with the sky package, and is does not have the mid ballast. I called Supreme ( Kal Kustom) to find out how much to install, and they told be they can really onely install it when building the boat. Mine does not have the switch, but from what they said, they only added them when ordered specifically for an ordered boat. you might have the mid ballast, if so you should have a drain hole on the side of your boat near the driver seat. ( that's usualyl where they install the drain for the mid tank) you can pull the switch, and see if it's actually hooked up as well.

I know, not much help on the ballast, but use ebay for all your special wiring needs. There seeems to be just about everything on ebay. you can always scrap the Sony headunit, and buy a different one more suitable for ipods.........
Enjoy your Supreme, good productive low to mid cost boat. We love ours.

mvanhove 03-31-2010 10:05 PM

Thanks for all the info helpful, I will have to look at cords/adapters on ebay.
Yeah there is no drain hole near the driver seat, tomorrow I will take a look under the dash to see if it's connected to anything.

matt_beck 04-01-2010 6:17 AM

Mike,

I have that boat. There are two switches above the throttle for rear right and left. I don't use the other switch on the dash. The Sony head unit will have some rca plug in's on the back of the head unit. Get a rca to 3mm (head phone plug in) and an extension from Radio Shack. I ran mine through the bow to the drivers seat. All of the wires to the head unit are easily accessible from under the spotter seat. I have the remote on the dash to control the stereo but unless you purchase the ipod converter you can't switch songs on the remote, hence running the wiring to the driver's seat. The ballast is tricky and it may be a pain to figure out how much you have in on each side. When you pull the boat out after riding empty the tanks when the boat comes out of the water to make sure they are empty. For some reason I find that there is still water in them. Once this is done I always shut all power off (rear drivers hatch above the battery) to protect the pumps in case they get bumped. Also, if you decide to put a system on the boat replace the aux battery with two 6 volt golf cart batteries. I have my tower full of speakers, in boats and a sub with no problems. Got any pics of the boat?

mvanhove 04-01-2010 3:45 PM

Thanks Matt,
Would this cable work?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...acf5c5e56fen02

OR This?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...de67d22232en02

I will add a picture of it in the next post.

mvanhove 04-01-2010 3:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These were the pictures from the dealer, hasn't been nice enough to take it out of the garage yet and get some better pictures. Picked it up for a great deal and it only has 15 hours!! Can't wait for summer.

mattgettel 04-02-2010 5:17 AM

lookin good

matt_beck 04-02-2010 5:44 AM

Mike,

Looks great. Check what head unit you have and what it has behind it. It's a simple cable. There are so many upgrades to consider. I'll have to take some updated pics of my boat and get them to you. I just had the windshield tinted a couple weeks ago. If you are going to get Perfect Pass get the GPS model. I have had both on my previous boats and there is no comparison, especially with our boats. I'll be out of reach for a week but I can get back to you when I get back. Should be able to dewinterize then. Can't wait.

wakebrdjay 04-02-2010 6:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Michael go to Sony's web page find your head unit and click on accessories and it will show the ipod adapter.I tried to find it for you but you need the actual model number.Post a picture of your Supreme here's mine

wakebrdjay 04-02-2010 7:44 AM

LOL never mind the post a picture DUH!

wakebrdjay 04-02-2010 7:55 AM

I'm installing a Kenwood KMR-700U head unit in it today. http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...arine/KMR-700U

mvanhove 04-02-2010 11:40 AM

Hey thanks for all the replies guys,

I found the right cord so we will most likely be picking that up sometime this weekend. Matt right now the current perfect pass we have is just the stock model it came with i'm assuming. Upgrading that doesn't seem to important to us right now but maybe in the future something to consider. I'd love to see some pictures of your boat to so when you can that'd be awesome! And Jay that's a nice looking boat!

Now another question..

About tower speakers, would the tower have to had been pre drilled while they were making the boat so we can mount some speakers up there? Or when we get someone to install them will they do all the drilling and such?

wakebrdjay 04-02-2010 2:25 PM

Sent you a P/M Michael

migs 04-02-2010 3:30 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, since were posting pics of Supreme 220's here some of my previous baby(white) & my girl thats still doing work in the PI(red):

calipackfan 04-02-2010 5:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's mine from the first day I got it. not a great pic, since I've added board raks, and tower speakers, and pull the SUPREME off the side. Ahhhhhh boats.............. something to spend money on.

mvanhove 04-02-2010 7:31 PM

Sweet boats guys! Anything special we should know about the v220? Anyone have FAE on theirs?

wakebrdjay 04-02-2010 9:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have FAE on mine.I love it,quiet,clean and no ill effect on performance.

mvanhove 04-03-2010 11:00 PM

Did you have to drill into the swim grid for that?
What do the two rods going up connect to?

wakebrdjay 04-03-2010 11:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No you don't have to go through the pad. They connect to a bar that attaches to the platform brackets.