WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 30, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264506)
-   -   Made in the USA (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255319)

kystyle 09-20-2005 12:45 PM

Just wondering if anybody out there knew which board companies manufacture their boards in the USA.

redv215 09-20-2005 12:50 PM

CWB

innov8 09-20-2005 1:01 PM

there was just a post a few days ago CWB made in the usa.

wakeworld 09-20-2005 1:14 PM

I don't think all of their boards are made in the USA, but the top-of-the-line stuff is.

dcervenka 09-20-2005 1:26 PM

I believe the top of the line Hyperlite boards are still being manufactured in Washington State, USA. <BR> <BR>

jarrod 09-20-2005 1:37 PM

It is my understanding that they won't be for long. I was told that DNA was eliminated for that reason.

madchild1 09-20-2005 2:04 PM

i was told te dna is gone because of the new l7 core.

shavis 09-20-2005 2:13 PM

i see another CWB vs HL matchup coming along here

jarrod 09-20-2005 3:21 PM

Fu, do you have video to set the record straight?

dcervenka 09-20-2005 4:24 PM

Not yet, but soon.. I only have footage of the 2005 boards being manufactured and the '05 premieres were still hand laminated on the DNA core at the factory in WA.

partydock17 09-20-2005 6:50 PM

Gator is all made in the USA <BR> <BR>Danny T. <BR><a href="http://WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM" target="_blank">WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM</a>

alan_bogdanoff 09-20-2005 7:35 PM

I think Krowns are pressed in Denver

kystyle 09-21-2005 8:17 AM

I'm not trying to start a debate, I am just getting ready to buy a new board, and I would just like to support a company that doesn't manufacture their boards overseas. <BR> <BR>I was looking at the Premier and a couple of boards off of Gator's line. Does anybody know of any boards in Gator's line that are similar to the Premier? <BR> <BR>Thanks

tommyc 09-21-2005 8:31 AM

CWB is the best company to work with. Their boards are bullet proof and the bindings are cutting edge. They are sposoring us, <a href="http://www.DeltaWakeboardCamp.com" target="_blank">www.DeltaWakeboardCamp.com</a> with their 06 line-up. Thanks again to CM &amp; Justin.

wakestar8878 09-21-2005 9:16 AM

I think this whole thing is funny. Do you realize how many products in your home that you use on a day to day basis, are manufactured over seas? So what the big deal where your wakeboard is made?

wakeskirider 09-21-2005 9:24 AM

The point is that most of the stuff that is in your home is made over seas and more than likely either you can not find the products that are made in the USA or they are so expensive they are not worth it. However in the case wakeboards you can buy one made here in the USA for the same price of some foreign job and have the pride of riding something made here. If I could find a TV made in America I would buy one but I can't. I can find a wakeboard made in the USA so that’s what I will buy.

wakestar8878 09-21-2005 10:06 AM

wakeboarderjoe - You make a good point, and I respect the fact that you would rather buy a board made in the USA. <BR> <BR>But as far as Hyperlite goes, I believe that their top of the line boards, such as the Premier are still pressed here. The lower models such as the Motive are pressed over seas, which are usually less expensive. The same process also applies to Liquid Force and any other company under the Kent Sports umbrella. With that being, its not always true, that you can buy an American made board for the same price as a board pressed over seas.

flux 09-21-2005 12:18 PM

The big deal is that the United States has a massive trade defecit. Manufacturing continues to go overseas and as a result, the manufacturing sector in the United States declines and there are less jobs to be had overall. <BR> <BR>Most companies have to export some, if not all their manufacturing overseas to remain commpetitive. While this usually decreases the pricing for the consumer, they end up getting a lesser quality product. The decreased quality means wasted product and lost money through warranty work. The company will recieve a container full of product, some of it will be blemished or unusable, and then have to eat a certain amount in warranty replacements. It all adds up to waste, but hey, you save some dough right?? <BR> <BR>If everyone bought American made goods when they could, it would have a pretty large impact. For my consumable products, i could care less, but for major purchases(wakeboards, snowboards, cars, boats, etc.) I definately want American made. I want my dollars staying here. Would you buy a Chinese made wakeboard boat?? I think not. <BR> <BR>My last snowboard was a Never Summer. Hand made in Denver, CO. That thing will last twice as long because they control their materials and quality. They use a more expensive epoxy, thicker sidewalls, and a burlier edge. All of those things add up in the cost, but it will never bust an edge on a rock and will outlast the competitions. <BR> <BR>I would hope that folks buying high end wakeboards might consider those made only in the USA. It is that type of thinking that helps the industry stay local. Otherwise you are getting a board that was made in a Chinese province and shipped here in a large container, made by folks who never ride them.

kystyle 09-22-2005 5:23 AM

Well said flux.

rootc 09-22-2005 9:05 AM

Flux, be carful of your analogies. <BR> <BR>GM, Ford and Dodge are largely manufactured outside the US. Many foreign cars, such as Toyota are largely assembled here in the states. So, do I invest in a Chevy where the profit goes to the US but the labor is mostly being sent to Mexico, or do I buy a Camry, where some labor goes to the states, but the profit goes to Japan? <BR> <BR>If only 'Made in the USA' meant Made in the USA.

innov8 09-22-2005 9:42 AM

I agree with you Flux. Very few American cars are manufactured outside the US, and they are the ones competing with the small compact foreign cars. All the good GM, Ford, and Dodge products are made in the US, but I would rather pay more and buy US products, thats just my opinion, to each his own. But there is an on going problem in the US,Americans loosing their jobs to Foreign companies, I have Family in the manufactuing business and its killing their business, and alot of people are loosing their jobs because of it!! and I will do what I can to support products made in the US. All it takes is a little investigation to find out its pretty easy.

flux 09-22-2005 9:49 AM

I am with you root, and am sorry for how general my comments are, but I don't want this thread to become too political. <BR> <BR>You are correct that much of the labor and parts mfgthat are going into "American Made" cars is coming from Mexico. You are also correct about Toyota, but part of their bringing assembly into the US was to bypass certain import taxes on fully assembled vehicles. <BR> <BR>It is simply difficult to make large purchases that are American made. <BR> <BR>My point is that we should all be more aware of how these companies we think so highly of operate their businesses. By looking for the American made product, you are investing in the sport and supporting it's products being made in your back yard. By buying imported products, our beloved companies become marketing companies who may or may not be innovative. <BR> <BR>Sadly, most of my gear is imported, and that is all I can do. Hopefully we can all at least be aware of what we are buying and try to keep our hard earned dollars here. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>