WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Benny G no longer on LF? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796224)

brian_young 11-19-2012 6:10 PM

Benny G no longer on LF?

Doesn't look like Greenwood is on the LF team anymore? At least they are still making the Witness, Laferty and Cook are are riding it.

durty_curt 11-19-2012 7:10 PM

since... when? this is news to me. howd ya find out?

cwb4me 11-19-2012 8:10 PM

Look on the LF website under 2013 team members.

durty_curt 11-19-2012 8:27 PM

That ship cray! Who was his board sponsor before LF? Cuz that's the only one i ever saw him with

501s 11-19-2012 9:45 PM

LF dropped Benny G? Huh. Hopefully another board sponsor snags him up quick. SS or Ronix perhaps?

wakerider111 11-19-2012 10:40 PM

didn't something like this happen last year and then he ended up still being with LF? or am i the only one imagining some rumors a year ago or more?

brian_young 11-20-2012 6:52 AM

I noticed on LF's 2013 site. Looks like they have some new talent, but Greenwood is missing. Last year, if i remember correctly, there were rumors floating around that he was no longer on the team. Then then the 2012 website released and he was still there. Not the case for 2013. If anyone picks him up, I would bet on Humanoid.

thescott 11-20-2012 7:45 AM

Benny G! Not to worry - if he is in fact no longer with LF, someone will pick him up. Style for days and a great ambassador for the sport.

Off topic but it's awesome to see D. Cook on the global team. Thought he was only getting a little support from LF. Guy deserves the recognition and a spot on a legit team.

Andrew14 11-20-2012 7:50 AM

That would be awesome if SS or Ronix picked him up - guy seems very down to earth and a great representative of our sport. I'm sure he'll land on his feet with a solid company.

brinks 11-20-2012 10:58 AM

Ben has a new (few months now) fulltime job as Content Editor for Transworld Wake. I can see how that could be a conflict of interest within the industry seeing how he now has to write reviews and help promote other brands besides just LF. Ben is an incredible representative for wakeboarding and not to mention style for days. He will be a part of this industry for years to come and it's well deserved. Congrats again buddy!

tripsw 11-20-2012 2:05 PM

Well said brinks!

yeahhh 11-20-2012 3:23 PM

^ Yeah, I get the feeling Ben is done being just a rider.

TheHebrewHammer 11-20-2012 3:27 PM

Go Ben! Awesome news for wakeboarding.

electricsnow 11-21-2012 8:06 PM

I don't know if the new position matters. Jeff mckee is with alliance and he rides for slingshot.

MUNS 11-21-2012 8:44 PM

I was wondering why I haven't seen a single video from him in forever

electricsnow 11-23-2012 6:18 PM

I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. So there is true merit behind brink's explanation. I share his sentiments for ben's new position, and dig that transworld is working with some authentic voices in wake.

andy_nintzel 11-24-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricsnow (Post 1795670)
I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. So there is true merit behind brink's explanation. I share his sentiments for ben's new position, and dig that transworld is working with some authentic voices in wake.

amen. thanks for popping in esnow. Always the voice of reason.

electricsnow 11-25-2012 10:29 AM

I wouldn't go that far. ;) I was just informed of a difference that's otherwise hard to recognize and needed to correct myself.

bizzuck 11-26-2012 4:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricsnow (Post 1795670)
I have to add a correction here because i've been politely informed that there's a difference in employment between jeff and ben, since jeff is contracted and ben is not. .

You know what would be hilarious? Having the person who "politely informed" you describe the differences between Ben and Jeff as an official employee and a contractor.

electricsnow 11-26-2012 5:45 PM

Why is that hilarious? It was explained but i didn't post the whole message to me. Ben is a full on staff member with benefits and what not; jeff has a set number of articles /projects he needs to complete and he does not make editorial decisions. It's an honest misunderstanding, and to me he seemed more significant, since he seems to do more than travis dopp (no disrespect), and that's who he replaced. Anyway, jeff's deal works in his best interest since he can still be a rider who's involved with brands and still contribute in his way to the mag. I get the impression that not everyone sees it that way, but whatever. I personally don't care, i just didn't recognize the difference, and thought ben was no longer a team rider for other reasons.

bizzuck 11-27-2012 11:32 AM

So I guess that's why Alliance lists him as "staff" and the Associate Editor - because he's a contractor. Got it...

yeahhh 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

Alliance's structure seems weird to me. You can see a difference now that Ben is working for Transworld. Their site is much better and more current.

electricsnow 11-27-2012 7:32 PM

I just think its cool that they have a strong voice for both sides now-ben for wakeboarding and shawn for wakeskating (even though i read on instagram that ahawn bleeds wake).

yeahhh 11-28-2012 9:37 AM

Well any wakeskate coverage is better than Alliance at this point.