WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 30, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264506)
-   -   Plz info on where to go WkBd in caribean\warmplace (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262503)

miles_long 10-27-2005 2:04 PM

Looking to do a trip and hook up with warm weather that is a lock and a good boat. I have done FL so many times and it is not a lock at all. Anybody know about a good place or places. I was looking in St Maartin but I can't reach the guy there??? Any info would be greatly appriciated. <BR>L8

bigshow 10-27-2005 3:07 PM

Try Australia.

miles_long 10-27-2005 3:59 PM

Thanks for the reply but that's 19hour flight from NY. I want caribean like I stated. <BR>

dococ 10-27-2005 4:43 PM

Go to Costa Rica to a resort spa called Tabacon at the base of the Volcan Arenal outside the town Fortuna. There is a school there called Aqua Ski. Last time I was down there they had full MC and HL sponsorships with 2 Mastercrafts and all the current Hyperlite gear. You get to ride on a pristine crystal blue lake with monkey and toucan-filled jungle on one side and an active volcano towering above and belching smoke. And you'll be the only boat on the lake. Then after dark, you can go soak in the hot springs at Tabacon, belly up to one of the swimming pool bars (in the hot pool), and get sloshed as you watch the volcano spit fire and lava down the side of the mountain above you. And you can get a massage. <BR>Look into it. Beats the poop out of the rough salt water and commericalized tourist mecca that you get in much of the Caribe, IMO.

miles_long 10-28-2005 3:49 PM

Thanks for the info! I will be in Costa for two weeks in March so I will see if I can hook that up when I am there. Thanks Again!

dococ 10-29-2005 7:54 AM

I would simply confirm it ahead of time. I think they are on the web. <BR> <BR>Aqua Ski is pretty well established. Thomas Horrell, Gator and Brannon Meek filmed there for Skurf's UP in the late 90s. But the operation has moved out to the Fortuna/Arenal area only in the past 4-5 years. Actually, I was surprised to find them there. I didn't know they had moved, and literally, I was hiking through the jungle on a trail around the volcano and I came upon a clearing and a shed with 2 MCs, hyperlite banners and a whole garage full of wakeboards out in the middle of nowhere in the jungle. That was unexpected, to say the least. Literally, I saw something odd through the jungle, and as I got closer and closer, it was looking more and more like a giant Hyperlite banner. Seemed kind of like a hallucination. But call ahead, because things like occasional earthquakes and volcanos can sometimes change business operations rather quickly in Costa. Anyway, Arenal has some AMAZING scenery, and all of Costa pretty much rocks anyway. Try to get into some surf while you are there.

miles_long 10-29-2005 1:33 PM

I am going there to surf but if I could get a little boarding in I would have but.....Aqua Ski is no longer there, they moved to Texas! <BR>Cheers <BR> <BR> <BR>(Message edited by miles_long on October 29, 2005)

dutch 10-30-2005 5:56 AM

Boarded last week at Kourou (French Guyane) water was 33 centigrade and the air 35 centigrade. Resort just alongside the lake. <BR>

liv2brd 10-30-2005 11:03 AM

The guy you are looking for is Rami. He is the "Academie de la Glisse" and operates next to the Hotel Le Flamoyant, Baie Nettle - 97150 Saint Martin which is in the main bay that is across for Martinique. The Phone # is 06 90 64 18 28. I can't find his personal email but you can try this <a href="http://www.acaglisse.com" target="_blank">www.acaglisse.com</a>. I was there two years ago and he had a Tige 22I. He gave a full day of riding and instruction for about $200.00 for two people...It was awesome!! I hope this helps.

miles_long 10-30-2005 12:44 PM

Dave, <BR>I finally got in contact with Rami and I have booked it with him! I emailed and called for two weeks but with no luck, and then boom I got in touch with him. He was out of the country and unreachable! Thanks for the help I am excited to go, I will report on my experience when I return. <BR>The reason I started this thread was that I couldn't reach him and was looking for other options. <BR> <BR> <BR>(Message edited by miles_long on October 30, 2005)