WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Toeside w2w (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587319)

jixxxer 06-05-2008 7:06 AM

How about some pointers to hit toe side w2w, currently just cutting in toe side and getting like 6" of air and landing in the middle of the two wakes. I have a feeling that im intimidated. <BR>Thanks!

liquidmx 06-05-2008 9:27 AM

When I learned TS w2w I specifically applied 3 steps to the cut into the wake. <BR> <BR>Step one: Literally put the handle on your lead hip and hold it there. The closer you keep the handle in during the cut AND in the air the more control you will have throughout the trick. By keeping the handle close in the air you will have more control, less scared and better position. <BR> <BR>Step 2: Roll that lead shoulder away from the boat exposing the back of the lead shoulder to the boat; this helps you lean DOWN the rope, not into the wake. Most people who lean into the wake as opposed to down the rope line end up rolling down the windows like a Mofo. When you lean down the rope the boat can see more of the back of that lead should rather than your shoulder and chest. Its almost like your showing your back to the boat during that cut. I personally break at the waist a bit like Soven does to a get a good lean and leverage down the rope. This only works if you have a good progressive edge, without it you wont get the pop. <BR> <BR>Step three: most of my weight is over the toes of my back foot. This will need to change depending on your position in the air as this tip affects people's air position differently. For some it straightens them out, others end up wheely-ing in the air. <BR> <BR>Common problems: Landing on your heels/butting out: This typically comes from either: Not leaning down the line and leaning into the wake OR not committing to leaning on your toes all the way through the wake. If you dont stay on your toes through the entire cut you will land on your heals. A good TS w2w will result in you landing on your toes cutting back out on your heelside.

hawaiianstiln 06-06-2008 12:09 PM

A big help for me to get over this was step three of Dizzle. Then I decided to start trying to grab it indy and it helped me go w2w. It basically made me lean over my toes a little when I tried to grab it and next thing I know, I was coming down the other wake. I usually edge in with a medium strong edge and then let off a tiny bit as I go up the wake to stay on axis. That's only because i'm coming in strong. You can come into the wake a lot slower, but keeping that edge will make you go w2w. If you record what you are doing now and play it back, I bet you that you are letting off or slowing down, which is causing you to get only 6" of air. <BR> <BR>To be honest as well, I think I was landing W2W TS front rolls before I could do a normal w2w toeside jump. This isn't the case now, but it take disipline to tell yourself to work on TS.

troylaw 06-11-2008 3:12 PM

DEF HELPED ME BY WORKING ON THE PROGR. EDGE FOR TOE SIDE JUMPS...JUST LEAVE THE EGO ON THE DOCK AND WORK ON THE PROPER FORM...DONT WORRY ABOUT HOW FAR OR HIGH YOU GO JUST WORK ON DOING IT CORRECT AND NEXT THING YOU KNOW W2W WILL BE NO PROB. JUST CUT OUT ABOUT 10-15 FT THEN BUILD EDGE THROUGH THE WAKE AND STAND TALL.

wake_eater 06-19-2008 6:23 PM

dave briscoe gave me the best tip i got. i used to let the board shoot out in front after i left the wake. he told me to bend &amp; "point" my leading knee at the wake as i cut in &amp; hold it thru the progressive edge. this helps keep the board under u &amp; stops the sliding out on your heels. hope this helps!

sloshake 06-23-2008 11:45 AM

I think chuck's tip is the one I need to try. It sounds similar to what they said on Higher Ed which I was watching at the end of the weekend after my riding was done. They said to keep the front knee ahead of the front foot if possible as you approach the wake.

bogiedog1 06-23-2008 1:26 PM

I get enough pop to clear but I'm getting pulled over by the boat on landing. Mainly because of the rope tug on that back arm that i'm using to hold my edge going into the wake. <BR> <BR>Should I advance on the rope more as I'm hitting the wake? Or hit the wake at more of an angle toward the boat? Or?

dustin_w 06-26-2008 9:02 AM

Cut all the way through the wake. If you are being pulled over, keep the handle tight to your leading hip, and commit to riding through the wake. When you let off your edge the boat will want to pull you over.

rourker 07-04-2008 7:53 AM

If you're getting pulled over, you are very likely letting the handle out away from your hip. It's common to see people do this as they spot the landing rather than keeping their form all the way through the jump. If you're coming up short and casing the wake, either bring the rope in 5 or focus more on keeping that edge and form over your toes to make sure your take W2W. <BR> <BR>I really like the comment about checking the ego at the dock. So true. Keep doing it until your pop is solid like your HS. You'll progress faster and have more productive sets.