WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Need Cable Park board help? Slingshot?? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790503)

andrewjet 10-12-2011 7:30 AM

Need Cable Park board help? Slingshot??

Hey guys. I need some new board help. Im riding 09' PBV2 Parks Ibex carbon edition with 2010-One bindings. They just built a cable park Hydrous 10 mins from my house and I dont wont to take my nice board to the park...or do I?? My board has a BIG flat spot in the center of Its 3-stage rocker. It VERY lightweight, spins easy and is VERY STIFF! I rode my buddies Slingshot Response and man was it smooth and soft. I think I liked it?? What should I do? Any Ronix cable park set-ups that I might look at? How about Liquid Force? What do you think?? Thanks Jet

Havent heard great things about the new track sytem from slingshot??

wake_upppp 10-12-2011 7:48 AM

From what I've read and been told you want a flex board for cable. Obviosly a board with a slider base and even with some type of ABS or similar around the edge incase you collide with an obstacle. I just picked up the 2011 CWB Vibe on closeout. It was recommended by alot of people I talked to. It' a sick board.

TheHebrewHammer 10-12-2011 7:50 AM

Ronix makes the Phoenix Project, a hybrid flex board aimed mostly at park riding. I rode it and I thought it was rubbish, but I'm really not a fan of the way Ronix boards ride in general. You might like it.

I tried the track system on a 2012 Slingshot. The bolts slid to the end of the track no matter how hard I tightened them. Others seemed to have the same problem:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790392

That said, Slingshots are super fun at the park. I recently bought a 2010 Recoil. It's super soft and flexy, it has a big 3-stage rocker, and it's really loose on the water, which I like. It doesn't have the fast track. You might want to look at 2010 Slingshot stuff because it's extremely cheap and I really didn't notice much difference between my 2010 and the 2012 I rode.

behindtheboat 10-12-2011 9:00 PM

The shop has plenty of use to choose from, and no matter what, you want a durable grind based board, mainly used on the cable. Have you tried the Vibes that they demo/rent?

jasonpav 10-12-2011 9:34 PM

I would definitely recommend Slingshot at cable parks. Honestly any of the Slingshot boards would work pretty well out on the cable park; their bases can put up with a pretty tough beating. I would also recommend the CWB Vibe.

rmotoxxx711 10-12-2011 10:36 PM

Ride the 2012 Hyperlite Union. It has four removable .7" fins that are plastic and park friendly but I totally ride it finless. It's a hybrid board meaning it's between a roam and a stiff boat board (slingshots are hybrids to give you an example). The Union has a slider mounting system and after having bad experiences with snowboards with these I was skeptical to be honest. I've taken some rough ass falls on it tho and the slider system hasn't budged. It gives you endless mounting options and for any bindings.
The base is super durable and the board overall has been way durable. I'll actually be riding Hydrous the first weekend in Novemeber and have my Union there if you wanna take a set on it

Luker 10-13-2011 5:00 AM

The Response is amazing on the cable. its super quick so its ideal for lappin all day... The 2012 fastrack has been redesigned with a larger toothed edge inside of the glass and an extra spine of wood to keep them from getting pulled out. That being said...even last years board lasted an entire season at the park for me before I pulled the track out... and I ride almost everyday. I promise you wont regret picking one up whether its last years model or this years... I've never been happier on a board.

FunkyBunch 10-13-2011 6:31 AM

I would also check out the LF hybrid selection of the deluxe,shane, and watson. I use the watson hybrid for both cable and boat and love it. I know a few guys riding the deluxe and really like it. There are plenty of places around DFW that allow you to demo the board if you stay off obstacles. I think Hydrous will let you try out the slingshot boards and Warming Hut or Sun & Ski carry LF and Hyperlite will let you try a board and swap it out if you don't like it.

andrewjet 10-17-2011 2:30 PM

Thanks guys. Im leaning towards the recoil for the 3-stage since I have been on the old 05' Parks and my newer 09' parks carbon which have pretty much the same shape. Heading out to Hydrous wed/17th and will try the recoil. Theere rentals are free right now. Thanks for your help. Jet

gfagien 10-18-2011 7:43 AM

Last time I was at Hydrous they had some 2012 CTRL gear there, but it may be sold out by now.

chicksdigflips 10-18-2011 8:09 AM

Check out Humanoid they have the Plank it sick at cable. I ride OWC all the time board is indestructible. Let me know if you want to get on one i can help you out on the price.

kody@chicksdigflips.com

tailgate 10-18-2011 10:10 AM

Jet, I don't think hydrous is renting Slingshot, only CWB at this time...

eubanks01 10-18-2011 10:21 AM

Ditto Tailgate. They have Slingshot and CTRL in the shop but only demo CWB stuff. You should have come out Sunday and ride with us!

I definitley like the Slingshot boards, but I would look at a continuous board in the SS lineup if you want it strictly for rail riding. This is from a guy that owns the Recoil. I like the Recoil but I think you would be better suited with a continuous rocker at the park.

You can try my Recoil some time if you want to see how a 3 stage SS rides.

tampawake 10-18-2011 5:19 PM

Surely SS has figured out how to keep them from slipping out on the fast track. Hyperlite has a similar set up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer (Post 1713368)
Ronix makes the Phoenix Project, a hybrid flex board aimed mostly at park riding. I rode it and I thought it was rubbish, but I'm really not a fan of the way Ronix boards ride in general. You might like it.

I tried the track system on a 2012 Slingshot. The bolts slid to the end of the track no matter how hard I tightened them. Others seemed to have the same problem:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790392

That said, Slingshots are super fun at the park. I recently bought a 2010 Recoil. It's super soft and flexy, it has a big 3-stage rocker, and it's really loose on the water, which I like. It doesn't have the fast track. You might want to look at 2010 Slingshot stuff because it's extremely cheap and I really didn't notice much difference between my 2010 and the 2012 I rode.

10-19-2011 9:01 PM

Gator 142 will not break and lands faster than any other three stage on the cable. new p tex base will take that loose screw at even the sketchiest park. just saying