WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Slingshot: New BAD customer service (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777014)

nomore 03-01-2010 9:30 AM

Slingshot: New BAD customer service

I dont know how many of you ride Slingshot's product, but I was a strong believer in them. Their customer service used to be the BEST. I am now convinced that I will no longer buy anything they sell, due to how things are going now. Its not the same as it used to be, and I understand the economy isn't so hot, but they should definitely have someone working in warranty that knows their own butt from a hole in the ground... And as far as I can tell, they have some people working in departments they definitely should NOT be in.

All in all, I see Slingshot's customer service going straight down the drain! After a couple things happened recently, I REFUSE to purchase anything they sell now.

Anybody else had any issues? I feel that I am not the only one who has these feelings now!

tailgate 03-01-2010 9:57 AM

nice first post... I have not had to deal with their warranty dept, but did have to talk to customer service, I had a good experience with them...

wakerider111 03-01-2010 9:59 AM

uhh ohh... maybe more time is needed to get things in sway after the change up? i have not had to deal with customer service. probably wont till those RAD boots come out. i want to check those out (like everyone else ;))

behindtheboat 03-01-2010 10:03 AM

For reference

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...king+slingshot

ironj32 03-01-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindtheboat (Post 1556442)

There's no need to reference the old thread...none of the text transferred over (at least it hasn't yet).

sidekicknicholas 03-01-2010 10:28 AM

I haven't had to deal with them since Kyle left... but while he was there it was seriously better than best.

I would call with a problem, expect they could do nothing and would have understood, and next thing you know I have the warranty guy's cell phone so he could help me resolve my problem while he was on vacation.... hard to beat that.

behindtheboat 03-01-2010 10:37 AM

ironjay

yea, it's supposed to transfer over sometime Dave said. You can also change the display mode and see the text

highrock 03-01-2010 11:42 AM

Could you explain a little more about your situation? I had some trouble when I first got my bindings, and then they tore, but they replaced them just seeing the photos and didnt have wait but about a week before I had some new ones and never sent anything off but emails.

97sunsetter 03-01-2010 1:14 PM

Yeah, I agree with Highrock. If your so upset tell us why! My board is gettin old and I'm starting to look for new ones. I love Hyperlite's customer service. I have had countless pairs of boots rip on me and they just replace them, and finally they upgraded me from Foundations to 3DS for $40. Not to mention the lifetime warranty they offer on their boards. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the boards they offer right now. What happened with Slingshot? I'm hard on gear so I'd like to know the company I purchase from is going to be as good to me as the guys at Hyperlite were.

BigTEX 03-01-2010 11:44 PM

Dont knock on slingshot after my boot liners fell out of the boat last week they sent me brand new liners free of charge...now thats customer service

dakid 03-02-2010 1:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomore (Post 1556413)
I dont know how many of you ride Slingshot's product, but I was a strong believer in them. Their customer service used to be the BEST. I am now convinced that I will no longer buy anything they sell, due to how things are going now. Its not the same as it used to be, and I understand the economy isn't so hot, but they should definitely have someone working in warranty that knows their own butt from a hole in the ground... And as far as I can tell, they have some people working in departments they definitely should NOT be in.

All in all, I see Slingshot's customer service going straight down the drain! After a couple things happened recently, I REFUSE to purchase anything they sell now.

Anybody else had any issues? I feel that I am not the only one who has these feelings now!

you wouldn't happen to be an ex-employee or ex-rider hiding behind an alias, would you?