WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776965)
-   -   cant send PM's (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777277)

camassanger 03-07-2010 9:31 AM

cant send PM's

Sorry for taking up space here, but couldnt find any help on the site:

I cant send PM's. When I type the recipient then toggle to next field, it goes blank...

Did I make it mad?

_vitty_ 03-07-2010 10:44 AM

I can't send PM's either. No matter who I put in the recipient field it says 'enter a valid user'.

camassanger 03-07-2010 11:20 AM

BUMP - Who can help me (us) with this?

skongolf 03-07-2010 12:47 PM

I cant either. I click on the persons name to PM them and it goes to thier profile. Kind of frustrating.

_vitty_ 03-07-2010 4:10 PM

doesn't matter if I use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Both don't work

_vitty_ 03-07-2010 4:23 PM

Figured out my problem anyways and probably the problem of the OP. When you click on someones name and then choose send private message it takes you to their user page and pops up a send message box. In this box it fills in the send to name with their actual name. For instance I was trying to PM TIm White of wetsounds and it kept filling in "TIm White" in the send to box instead of his username "wetsounds1". This is no doubt an error on the site's part.

wakeworld 03-07-2010 4:58 PM

They should work again. I had it set up so that you can only message friends, but I quickly realized that's not a good plan. Nic, I just sent you one with no problem. Give it another try.

camassanger 03-07-2010 6:16 PM

Thanks David! Seems to work now

skongolf 03-07-2010 9:36 PM

I tried sending a PM but when I clicked on send, I am not sure if it sent it or not. There was no confirmation and the message just stayed on my screen. Just curious if this is normal.

wakeworld 03-07-2010 10:58 PM

It should stay there for a second and give you a message that says it was sent.

skongolf 03-14-2010 6:34 PM

Is the PM feature down again? I have tried to send a PM 3 times and it will not work, plus I have had to log on every time I tried to resend it. It's kind of frustrating. I think I have logged on 10 times in the last half hour.

wakeworld 03-15-2010 1:29 AM

We did do some maintenance over the weekend that might have shut this down temporarily. If it's still not working, let me know the error you're getting. Thanks.

skongolf 03-15-2010 7:24 PM

Dave,
I got your message, but I can't open it because it keeps asking me to log in every time I click on it. So I am not sure what is going on. Had to log in about 6 times and still cant get to the mssg. I can see you have sent it, but that is all. Hope you can fix this.
Thx

repo 03-16-2010 12:17 AM

Dave,
I got your message, but I can't open it because it keeps asking me to log in every time I click on it. So I am not sure what is going on. Had to log in about 6 times and still cant get to the mssg. I can see you have sent it, but that is all. Hope you can fix this.
Thx

I'm having the same problems I also can't join user groups & everytime I change fields I have to log on again. Its driving me nuts.:mad::mad:

_vitty_ 03-16-2010 5:07 PM

My private messages have again disappeared and I cannot get to them. They briefly appeared earlier this afternoon, but are now gone again. Whats the deal?

wakeworld 03-16-2010 5:45 PM

Ian, can you give me more detail on exactly what you're doing to make it redirect you like that? The more detail, the better. That way we can figure out how to duplicate it and fix it. Have you tried clicking on one of the Log Out buttons and then exiting your browser before you click on the link in the email? This might solve your logout problem.

wakeworld 03-16-2010 5:46 PM

Nic, I just logged in as you and got to the PM's without a problem. Can you give me as much detail as possible about the steps you're taking to log in and then view your PM's? That will help us to get to the bottom of it.

_vitty_ 03-16-2010 6:16 PM

Hey David,
Just now when I went to wakeworld.com and the home page loaded I see the "My Wakespace" portion of the home page there on the right. I click on the "2 Messages" link and it brings me to the login screen. I then log in with my correct name/password combo and the screen shakes like I entered something incorrect and brings me back to the log in screen.

wakeworld 03-16-2010 6:18 PM

Nic, have you tried clicking on one of the Log Out buttons and then exiting your browser before you come back in and login? This might solve your logout problem.

_vitty_ 03-16-2010 6:37 PM

clicking logout then closing my browser and logging back in did the trick.
Thanks!

admin 03-16-2010 6:55 PM

Nice, I think that will solve a lot of the problems we're still seeing. Unfortunately, we've got a few ghosts from early bugs still hanging around. Let me know if you have any other problems. Thanks.