WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Clearly I have too much time; used boat sales stat (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772017)

trevorg7 01-30-2010 11:14 AM

Okay, yes, I geek out on data/numbers. While looking through the WakeWorld for sale section of used boats <5years old, I wondered what the numbers would tell me. <BR> <BR>I copied and pasted into Excel all adds (252) and based on the title grouped them by manufacture (245; I could not identify the manufacture of 7 of them by the title). Of the 245 currently listed below is a pivot of numbers by manufacture. What I'd like to lay over this is the new sales data for the same period by manufacture. To me, this would tell me a % of boats that are being resold. I would guess that Master Craft sold the most boats during that period so the higher number of resales does not surprise me so the % of resales verses new sales would be more telling. <BR> <BR>Total Boat <BR>55 master craft <BR>48 malibu <BR>43 supra <BR>23 moomba <BR>22 centurion <BR>21 nautique <BR>11 tige <BR>6 epic <BR>6 mb <BR>5 sanger <BR>1 calabria <BR>1 chaparral <BR>1 seedoo <BR>1 supreme <BR>1 yamaha <BR>245 Grand Total <BR> <BR>Does anyone know where to find the sales data? I've done a few quick google searches but I could not locate it. <BR> <BR>T

wiltok 01-30-2010 3:55 PM

Interesting - I can respect a fellow data geek! I don't want to make this too complicated - but since this is a wakeboard site wouldn't you have to just look at industry sales of wakeboard boats? Or at least narrow the boats down in the classifieds to just wakeboard boats? Apples to apples as they say....

trevorg7 01-30-2010 6:20 PM

Yeah Kilo, good point. <BR> <BR>I still cannot find New Sales Data. Would be interested in laying that over this resale data by percentage and then figure out anecdotally if people are reselling due to quality or other reasons. <BR> <BR>T

john211 02-01-2010 10:28 AM

Boat owners who seem to be not only the most content with what they got but also the least affected by the recession appear to own ... Tige?

wakeborder5 02-01-2010 10:40 AM

Jon, I wonder if most of that could possibly be attributed to Tige's lack of presence on these boards.

john211 02-01-2010 2:24 PM

Dude you crack me up. You're a Tige owner and you decline to accept the possibility of a compliment? Man, Tige owners have just been pounded into submission. <BR> <BR>What I thought was, it might be that (despite the unjustified negativity of others), Tige owners are pleased with their boats and see them as well-designed and well-built.

trevorg7 02-01-2010 6:43 PM

Yeah Jonathan that is one of the thoughts I had and was trying to figure out with the data but I need new sales data for the same period. <BR> <BR>I would think a low % of resales vs. new sales would speak of satisfaction, to your point about Tige owners, and/or good quality, etc. <BR> <BR>Would love to get the 2004-09 new sales data and then quality info, etc. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>T