WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Has anybody seen the VdriveNautique 2001 in the classifieds (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788575)

polarbill 06-30-2011 3:08 PM

Has anybody seen the VdriveNautique 2001 in the classifieds

This thing looks awesome. I wish there was more or better pictures or a link to the build. I looked on the2001.com and found a different 2001 that was converted to a vdrive that looked awesome as well. I am not sure it is worth 20k but I would think long and hard about buying it before I bought a Standard boat. By the way, has Standard sold a single boat? I haven't seen or heard one bit about them since they originally were introduced on here a coulple years ago.

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=1820

MattieK27 06-30-2011 4:11 PM

The owner posted in my "under 20' V-Drive" thread. I found this thread which shows the build:

http://nautiqueowner.com/forum/forum...le=2001v-drive

I also stumbled on this conversion a while back:

http://www.the2001.com/index.php?nam...r=asc&start=75

In regards to Standard, I tried to contact them months ago about doing a vdrive version of their boat and I never heard back. I think they might be done, no sure if they ever sold a boat. To be honest, I think if someone could take that 2001 hull and knock out some cheap vdrives they would have a decent niche. We live in a world where a 50k Axis looks cheap, I wish I had the capital to tackle a 2001-based vdrive. Simple bare bones boat, all fiberglass, Merc power, prewired for stereo, and a simple tower. I think Standards mistake was the goofy tower in the beginning, the truely odd cutaway for a cooler in the front, and the fact they went direct drive.

Jeff 06-30-2011 6:25 PM

I love the Standard concept but IMHO it's poorly executed. It should be a high quality but basic v-drive bow rider. It seems to be marketed as a hardcore board sport boat but it's pretty much a crossover. I can't imagine there's many wakeboarders/surfers out there who bought a direct drive closed bow because that's specifically what they wanted. They bought that style of boat because it's what their budget permitted. If those same boat buyers had more money I'd bet that almost none of them would buy a brand new direct drive closed bow but rather a used V-drive bow rider of some sort. I'd certainly go for the used v-drive.

tx_foilhead 06-30-2011 6:46 PM

The complete build of that boat is over on corrrectcraftfan.com, his screen name is Form&Function. He did a really good job, and considering everything involved it all happened fairly quick as well. If I remember correctly he was able to work on it in his shop during down times so he would do some fairly large parts in just a few days. Not sure about that price. but it is a very well done boat and there is only one other. I'm kinda surprised there aren't more of these, the first two were within about a year and seemed to work out well, I was expecting some more.

MattieK27 06-30-2011 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 1690125)
I love the Standard concept but IMHO it's poorly executed. It should be a high quality but basic v-drive bow rider. It seems to be marketed as a hardcore board sport boat but it's pretty much a crossover. I can't imagine there's many wakeboarders/surfers out there who bought a direct drive closed bow because that's specifically what they wanted. They bought that style of boat because it's what their budget permitted. If those same boat buyers had more money I'd bet that almost none of them would buy a brand new direct drive closed bow but rather a used V-drive bow rider of some sort. I'd certainly go for the used v-drive.

I would take the closed bow and a vdrive. Reworking the 2001 hull for an open bow would increase the cost significantly.

No offense, but this is the problem. Entry level turns into "it needs this, it needs that, it needs to be high quality, etc." Tack on all the frills, trim that people consider high quality, and your entry level boat now costs 50k.

30k for a new boat, 100%fiberglass construction with plumbing for sacks and wiring for a stereo. Let the customer complete the rest as their budget allows. PCM power would be great, but Merc isnt bad. The frustrating part is Standard wasn't too far off. Maybe the market just isnt there for a 2001 vdrive. If anyone reading this know the guys at Standard, let me know.

formfunction 06-30-2011 8:23 PM

The problem is that twenty grand won't buy you much of anything nowadays.Ive been in that market before and you would not believe the junk people try to pass as a decent boat.Just thinking about the nightmare of finding a decent one makes me want to hold onto it.My 2001 is beautiful,new,setup and performs well.No worries about trailer brakes,bunks,tires,or steering cables because almost everything is new.If it wont bring over fifteen I will leave it in storage.
Cool boat though,everybody thats seen it loves it.

polarbill 06-30-2011 9:13 PM

Brock, affter looking at that thread you may very well be right. The color combo you decided to do is my favorite part. It is just beautiful.

So, the fuel tank is in the bow as far forward as possible isn't it? How many gallons? How did you setup the ballast? Is the motor just a stock 240hp 351W or did you ad HiPo heads or anything? How many people does it fit comfotably? I would think 4 comfortably and 6 a little more cramped? It is a beautiful boat and the work you did looks top notch. You did some amazing work.

cmart1240 07-01-2011 7:56 AM

form function-beautiful boat and amazing workmanship. I enjoyed reading the ccfan thread on your build.

formfunction 07-03-2011 8:03 AM

Brett,the fuel tank hold 27 gallons to empty on the gauge and has close to a seven gallon reserve.the ballast is build into the boat with a five in the front,three in the center and a grand in the back.the engine is stock but you would be suprised how strong the boat pulls with the gear reduction.there is truly no need for anymore engine.Our crew is small,usually four and its comfortable but it starts getting cramped at six.It does have tons of storage so theres never anything on the floor.