WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   New Sunnys! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792815)

tarek 04-16-2012 2:17 PM

New Sunnys!

2 Attachment(s)
Pretty stoked on a new brand of eyewear that is gaining some traction. Check out the product here www.iwantproof.com

Fully made out of wood and we put them to the test today.. they float!

No longer losing my shades to the lake again!

wakesetter_WW 04-16-2012 2:52 PM

Nice, I love the look of some of the ones on their site. Would buy some but a little out of my price range being a college student. Killer shades though.

johnny_defacto 04-16-2012 3:39 PM

i like them... clean your toilet.

benjaminp 04-16-2012 3:55 PM

Toilet not sink? Go big or go home?

johnny_defacto 04-16-2012 4:02 PM

but seriously, they are cool, I have a pair being delivered... thanks for the link

wakerider111 04-16-2012 8:08 PM

I almost entirely refuse to buy glasses that wont float.
i wish some of the big brands (i.e. Oakley, Spy, Dragon, etc) would sell floating versions, especially when many of them have such a following of and influence on watersports (surfing, wakeboarding, etc).

Mostly i buy bombers http://www.bombereyewear.com/shop/gl...sunglasses-c2/ or http://bglasses.com/

also a lot of the motorcycle glasses with the foam linings work well too. Great thing about the foam on these glasses is you can even wear them while riding and they wont hurt when you wreck... so far for me anyway

bftskir 04-16-2012 10:29 PM

you might want to rethink your advertizing career

ilikebeaverandboats 04-16-2012 10:39 PM

those are sweet! theres some french company making shades out of old skate decks, could never find a place to order though!

May pull the trigger on these, been getting tired of the big shades.... i can't help but feeling like a total frat boy when I wear my spys. There go frat boys, ruining everything again. Please ignore my anti-greeklife plug.

ScottR 04-17-2012 11:14 AM

Very cool idea....wish I thought of it!

gatorboy112 09-22-2012 7:39 PM

nice! i think i'm about to order a pair but why'd you stick them in that nasty toilet! it seems like the sink right next to it would of worked just as well...

johnny_defacto 09-22-2012 8:44 PM

they do not float. I bought a pair, tried to float them at the lake and in a couple pools... sank straight to the bottom, just a little slower than normal. I had an issue with them and can not get an response back by phone or email... have tried multiple times but am being ignored by stephan and everyone else there. The frames are cool and I got tons of compliments on them, but one lens is loose from factory and one arm screw will not stay tight. Also, the lenses are crap IMO, they are polarized but are wavey, like a cheap pair of disposable 3D glasses lenses.

still waiting for a response after 3 months....

mike2001 09-23-2012 8:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_defacto (Post 1784954)
they do not float. I bought a pair, tried to float them at the lake and in a couple pools... sank straight to the bottom, just a little slower than normal. I had an issue with them and can not get an response back by phone or email... have tried multiple times but am being ignored by stephan and everyone else there. The frames are cool and I got tons of compliments on them, but one lens is loose from factory and one arm screw will not stay tight. Also, the lenses are crap IMO, they are polarized but are wavey, like a cheap pair of disposable 3D glasses lenses.

still waiting for a response after 3 months....

Wow thanks for following up on this. I was interested in these but good to know. Frames do look cool, but not cool enough to make up for poor construction/lenses while costing $100+

yeahhh 09-25-2012 9:06 AM

seems like an ad...

jarrod 09-25-2012 10:03 AM

they're kind of ugly. I've lost two pairs of shades in the water in the last 5 years. Not too bad.

wakesetter_WW 09-25-2012 10:41 AM

Mine went straight to the bottom of the lake....

Fiveflat 09-25-2012 10:55 AM

They aren't floating in that toilet bowl. Each end is resting on the porcelain on either side of the chit spackle. Damn, there's a toilet bowl brush right next to it too... I placeth my palms upon my face.

09-25-2012 11:02 AM

They dont float...ive had a pair sink and was so livid when it happened. I almost threw my gopro i was so pi****d. Waste of money and this coming from a guy who only wears oakleys. Theyre overpriced but i havent had issues with them in all the yrs.

johnny_defacto 09-25-2012 12:26 PM

LR3.... lol. I am a guy who only wears oakleys as well (for obvious reasons as they are the best glasses with the best lenses, both optically correct and certified safety glasses. Also made right here in so cal) except for the occasional $5 throw aways I like to buy sometimes. I got burned by proof and I have plenty of emails to "proof it"

tahoeguy7 09-27-2012 8:28 AM

If I am spending big money on sunglasses, they will be Oakleys for sure. They are definitely the best.

jarrod 09-27-2012 9:13 AM

Oakley definitely has some cool styles. I own several pair of Oakleys. But if you compare them to the hinges on say.....a pair of Von Zippers, you can see just how cheap they are made. Oakley uses a cheap, plastic molded hinge system, where other 3 figure glasses use metal.

09-27-2012 9:17 AM

^^^might be true but the way I maintain my glasses Ive never broken a pair of Oakleys. I have glasses still from 2003. If anything they get stolen or misplaced lol