WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Tantrum Designs Comp speakers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777078)

piggie 03-02-2010 1:11 AM

Tantrum Designs Comp speakers

Hi has anyone got any of the Tantrum design comp speakers ? How do they go and what kind of power are you running through them. Also does anyone have them with the LED lighting option ? Looking at hopefully getting a set sometime soon .

piggie 03-02-2010 8:09 PM

hmmm well i guess no news is good news lol

mikeski 03-02-2010 11:11 PM

Are you talking about that garage built car speaker front/back junk they sell on ebay?

johnny_gatsby 03-03-2010 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll admit to it...I have a pair of them -about 4 years old. They are actually Rockford Fosgate Power T152's. I have a very ordinary amp- Sony marine- specs:

* Output Power : Maximum Output: 110 W x 4 (at 4 Ohms) Three Speakers: 150 W x 2 (at 2 Ohms) + 300 W x 1 (BTL at 4 Ohms)

I was not looking for the Wetsounds/Exile type of sound as I am pretty much just out with the wife and kids. The speakers are fine and sound great in and around the boat. I have no idea about what more power would do to these speakers. These are a nice low cost option. I also have the LED installed.

mcb611 03-03-2010 2:30 PM

it just depends on what you like but i dont see them sounding to good they would probably have way to much treble

piggie 03-03-2010 7:52 PM

yeah those are the ones . Unfortunitly cannot afford to shell out for some wet sounds even though i would so love some. And everybody else charges a fortune to ship to NZ. All the stuff in nz is pretty pricey to. So when i found the tantrums i was pretty pleased with the look of them and the led option is pretty cool to. I know there only got rockfords in them but have to be better than the pioneers im running at the moment .

johnny_gatsby 03-03-2010 11:00 PM

Piggie:

I got the speakers for pretty cheap on ebay. They sound good and are loud. Maybe too much treble not enough base. I have a sub and four other speakers to help with that. Nothing wrong with these-just not the biggest and baddest.

xstar27 04-24-2013 1:36 PM

I have four on my 2012 --x2

Not happy at all. Has any one tried to contact the manufacturer----tantrum designs? All I get is a busy signal. Do not respond to my emails!!!

tonyv420 04-24-2013 2:22 PM

had some blew them up, bought some 6"rounds, put them in place and blew them up, they have way to much treble. When I replaced the speakers ( not the cans) I noticed that they were just a PVC tube wrapped in stainless veneer. They were about 5 dollars worth of material, not counting the 49.00 speakers they put in them (pioneer). You can make your own cans and buy the clamps from just about anywhere, for prob a third of the price they want. Switching them out with some D- Bot 8's this year (HLCD). You live and learn, I would never buy anything with that Tantrum name on it again. Even the speaker clamps broke, they were pot metal, with a crome finish! not aluminum, like they looked!