WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   SS Shredtown board behind boat? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796256)

kent_harmon 11-25-2012 9:32 PM

SS Shredtown board behind boat?

Hey guys,

Im sold on Slingshot boards and Im about 100% sure it will be my new ride for this next year. Im super interested in the Shredtown board. I ride about 70% behind boat and 30% winching/cable. Obviously this board is going to be great for the later but i cant find anyone who has actually been riding it behind the boat. If anyone on here has, please let me know what you thought, pros? cons? Any help would be great. Really appreciate it guys!

behindtheboat 11-26-2012 1:05 PM

I'd recommend the Response, Newton, or Whip all before the Shredtown.

kent_harmon 11-26-2012 3:26 PM

Why?

TParke 11-27-2012 3:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kent_harmon (Post 1795891)
Why?

I have ridden the reflex, newton, kine, response, and shredtown behind the boat. I prefer the shredtown. It is a little faster than the reflex has really good pop and I feel it has the softest landings. It is a little more forgiving than the response. I would recommend it behind the boat. I also ride it at the cable and it works great there.

yeahhh 11-27-2012 2:32 PM

How can you be almost 100%?

canucked 11-27-2012 3:23 PM

99 would be almost 100...as an example

ghettofab 11-27-2012 4:22 PM

Yes! Shredtown's board works behind the boat. Thats whats awesome about all the Slingshot boards is you can ride them at the cable then hop behind the boat in the same day and change nothing.

kent_harmon 11-27-2012 7:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TParke (Post 1795943)
I have ridden the reflex, newton, kine, response, and shredtown behind the boat. I prefer the shredtown. It is a little faster than the reflex has really good pop and I feel it has the softest landings. It is a little more forgiving than the response. I would recommend it behind the boat. I also ride it at the cable and it works great there.

Thanks, for the info!

DatTexasBoy 12-10-2012 2:04 PM

What about the Recoil?

carter134 01-09-2013 6:52 PM

the recoil is a awesome board rode it all last year ! so much pop and soft landings its a 3 stage so its not at fast as the newton or response or shred town but for mostly boat it will be abetter choice because no channels on the bottom and the base is the same is the shredtown. abd the core is a bit softer to so its aweome overall

otownwake 01-09-2013 9:17 PM

I have a Slingshot Newton and a Lyman today and ride both behind the boat. Can't do the Lyman at the cable, but the Newton is a good cable board! If you change your mind and want the Lyman for just boat I'm selling it hit me up! It's a 144. I'm keeping my Newton for Cable.

TyLudlow12 01-21-2013 4:20 PM

Shredtown behind the boat is a lot of work, if you are set on Slingshot, go with a Newton.