WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Time to upgrade. Few questions for the gurus! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792391)

jwmustangin 03-22-2012 6:52 PM

Time to upgrade. Few questions for the gurus!

I just sold my 2000 elite v bowrider. Here's my current opinions and criteria for the next boat:

- Home lake will be Smith Mountain Lake, Va - gets kinda choppy mid day on the weekends
- would like to have at least a 22 footer - leaning towards 23 Enzo or 23 Malibu LSV.
- Mainly wakesurfing, some wakeboarding - I am regular footed and surf port side
- 40 grandish budget
- would like to have an 05 or newer
- Love the Malibu look, hate the wall to wall carpet in the 05 to 07 year models - not sure when they offered snap in carpet
- I realize Centurions are Wakesurfer's boats
- seems like 23 footer Mastercrafts and Nautiques are out of my budget.

I have the bug bad and I check the net daily for new boats that are for sale!

I know this is another one of those "what do you guys think about the next boat for me?" questions. But hey, you guys are the subject matter experts - what do you expect?

Any help is much appreciated,
Jeff

jwmustangin 03-23-2012 3:19 AM

Bump...

Anything I need to know about the models and year ranges that I am looking for? Does anyone know of anything out there for sale that might make a good ride for me?

simplej 03-23-2012 5:05 AM

TIGE 22v.

mhunter 03-23-2012 5:16 AM

I have a friend here in GA his family has a place on Smith Mountain Lake. He bought a Sky Supreme here we will be taking it back there this year. We test drove the BU 23 its a good boat and handled well. I would add Supra , Moomba to your list they are good also.

dougr 03-23-2012 8:45 AM

both great boats, i was a bu owner for years and then got an 09 enzo and now have a new 244, We used to only wakebaord, but are getting older and surf alot more(cant aford to get hurt). I think the sv23 is a tank, slow turning a super stable. It also cuts through the water, and has a very smooth ride, The bu is much more nimble, but does not cut the water like a deep v. The enzo is going to be much easier to get that killer surf wake and with much less weight, not bags on the seats etc etc. I went from vlx's and i think the enzo get s a bad rap from wakeboarders. It has a solid ramp, maybe a little wide, but the boat has little if any sensitivity to weight and the boat tracks straight. good luck hope this helps

nailem 03-23-2012 9:53 AM

I am in no way a guru but I bought a 05 enzo sv230 last year and I'm extremely happy with it. I live off of lake Erie which can kick up to 4' waves real quick. The boat handles ruff water great. We mostly surf now because I can't afford getting hurt anymore either. I took out the stock hard takes and installed a wake makers 1100lb on port rear locker and a 750lb under port seat. I like the idea of having two separate bags rather than the one if I would have went with the ensign sac. Starboard tank was replaced with a 600lb sac. I think my surf wake is pretty good. (I don't have pics here at work) u would say though the wake board wake is better on my brother-in-laws 05 moomba 23'
Good luck