WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Broken Ronix Code 55 just after 3 times of behind the boat ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803166)

KennethY 08-27-2014 11:26 PM

Broken Ronix Code 55 just after 3 times of behind the boat ride

4 Attachment(s)
I bought my 2014 Code 55 boots on 7 Aug and the boot was just broken on 24 Aug after I land my HS 2wake. :banghead:

Heard from the staff of the distributor that Ronix boots seems to have some quality issue this year as there are some other rider also get their boots broken. :confused:

The staff also tell me that I need to pay for the shipping to send the boots back to Ronix and send back to me once it is fixed. As I am now living in Hong Kong, shipping will be quite expensive to me.:(

Should I just switch to other boots or other brands (Since I was using Liquid Force Soven boots for 2 years and the boots are still in good shape, so I will get a new LF boots)?
Any people here face to same issue? Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Dissociative 08-28-2014 12:58 AM

Hey there, that's the part that's sewn into the rubber inside of the boot, right?

Had the same exact problem with my 2011 Ronix Ones this year, I guess mine was due to wear/tear probably because the rubber went bad due to sunlight exposure maybe.

Try to find a shoe sewing shop locally who can hand-sew it back to where it used to be attached. Make sure you try and open up the area of the boot where it got detached so the craftsman won't say it's not possible because its to tight to work around it. I was turned down a handful of times by different shops before I finally convinced one to do it by hand. IT IS POSSIBLE with a little effort as long as you find someone who's willing to do it.

Hope that helps!

gwperry2 08-30-2014 6:54 PM

That is horrible if they know they have a problem they should just send you new ones with a return label. I would go with a different company that stands by what they sell.........

skiboarder 08-30-2014 7:18 PM

This is not a common problem. I've ridden Ronix boots exclusively since they changed the chassis in 2009. I've never had it happen. I think the situation your in would be similar with any manufacturer. It is expensive to ship to Hong Kong.

You're cheapest way out may be to find a shoe repair shop and ale Ronix to help with that cost.

boardjnky4 08-30-2014 8:29 PM

Same thing happened to a friend of mines.

aricsx15 08-30-2014 8:40 PM

I broke my parks air core camber after about 10 sets!

ak4life 09-08-2014 12:20 AM

That's a bummer! Do they have a local shop in Hong Kong? One of the reasons I like buying stuff from a local shop here is they handle warranty stuff and it's also nice to try on boots before buying. If no local shop, shoe repair sounds like a good alternative.

I had my 2010 Ronix Relics rip like that last week. Not bad considering they've been ridden hard for serveral years. Must have gone through like 2 or 3 sets of laces. Been having ankle problems, so for a stiffer boot, picked up 2014 Code 55. One set on them so far -- great boots. Fingers crossed, if they rip, it happens within a year, while under warranty.