WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Sad Day.... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793388)

txaggie929 05-15-2012 7:23 PM

Sad Day....

Well, tis a sad day for me here in Texas. I officially put up my 2011 Epic 23V for sale tonight :(
Only managed to put about 15 hours on it since new last year due to a) tearing my upper back and not making a full recovery b) a massive drought in Texas that shut alot of lakes down and c) now the doc is thinking I might have a herniated disk in my lower back.

If anybody is interested or knows anybody who's interested, please give me a holler. It's just downright depressing just having it only to be able to play driver and I'd hate to see it just sit.

seangriswold 05-15-2012 7:40 PM

Man that is a sad day. I hate it for you! Did you injure your back boarding?

txaggie929 05-15-2012 8:00 PM

The tear in the upper back was from wakeboarding. Let my buddy who has a speed boat attempt to pull me and he just hammered straight down - pretty much pulled my right arm out of socket and tore my teres major and lattisimus dorsi.

Lower back is due to multiple factors such as dirtbike/quad wrecks and heavy weight lifting back when I thought I was the incredible hulk.

seangriswold 05-15-2012 8:07 PM

damn that is rough man I am sorry to hear that. Put of the fusion for as long as you can!

txaggie929 05-15-2012 8:15 PM

Man, I am pretty much going to avoid surgery if there are any other options at all. I still am waiting to go get an MRI done to know exactly what I'm dealing with. All I know is that for being just shy of 30 years old, I'm moving around wayyy to slowly.

tke104 05-15-2012 9:06 PM

I feel your pain, literally. I have a herniated disk and a slipped bone in my lower back. I just live with it because the surgery to fix the slipped bone would put me out of the game for possibly years, and there is no guarantee I would recover 100%. My buddy had surgery to replace a herniated disk and he was back in action in less than 6 months.

ixfe 05-15-2012 9:26 PM

That sucks, man. Get well soon, and good luck with the sale!

dhill 05-15-2012 9:39 PM

wakeboarding is a cruel mistress (so says my shoulders and knees)....sorry to hear what happened, hoping for a full & quick recovery.

seangriswold 05-16-2012 7:15 AM

Paul...quick google search and I found this.... www.texasback.com go get your back fixed :) and keep your boat!

jtech 05-16-2012 7:37 AM

Keep the boat and take up surfing!

txaggie929 05-17-2012 7:59 PM

Thanks for the well wishes y'all ! I'm hoping this all gets better sooner than later. Still think it's in my best interest right now to sell the boat - I'm known for starting to feel better and then going and doing something stupid again lol!

duramat 05-17-2012 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtech (Post 1752155)
Keep the boat and take up surfing!

Word!! Go this option first.

Bad back as well, recipient of a few cortizone facet injections, and pez despenser loaded with prednisone :D

I know the pain, sorry to hear.

duramat 05-17-2012 9:40 PM

I havnt touched my wakeboards in 2 years, its got "hurt Matt" all over therm LOL

Your at the point where you pick and choose your battles. I choose to battle a sport at 11 mph vs mid 20's, body positioning twisted, leaning back and with stunts that wifll put me overextended and out of a safe green zone LOL