WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Need help on my Front Roll (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509721)

wakenerd 10-09-2007 4:04 AM

Please help me out on my front roll. I've tried a couple of them last weekend and this one was the closest of all... <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFpYsP08J5Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFpYsP08J5Q</a> <BR> <BR>Any tips????

jusstty 10-09-2007 8:46 AM

Hold your edge all the way threw the wake (dont flaten out), Let go of your back hand about midway through the flip. And make sure you land riding away from the boat.

codykauz 10-09-2007 9:18 AM

^^^^ yeah you need to hold that progressive edge all the way through the wake. put about 60% of your weight on your front foot and hold it there until you start to rise up the wake. and if you let go with your back hand once the trip flip is initiated you will flip over the wake instead of towards the boat making you want to go to revert. if you let go to soon you want trip the flip and you won't rotate fast enough. but you are really close.

eubanks01 10-09-2007 11:47 AM

I think a lot of people flatten out to throw these. That is how I was always told to do them. I often see people do them both ways, but I would think flattening out is better for learning these. <BR> <BR>I think you're throwing it a little bit early though Terry. Get your pop FIRST.

sunsport 10-09-2007 4:32 PM

You are definitely flattening out too soon. Wait later, and throw your head hard. You really need to over rotate this trick so you can land on your toe edge. <BR> <BR>Skiing made me board, <BR>Lyle <BR>Chrome Dome

wakenerd 10-10-2007 9:04 PM

Thank you guys for your advice. I'll try it this weekend and let you know how it turns out.

bflat53212 10-29-2007 1:20 PM

No offense to anyone else, but a progressive edge is not how you throw this trick. You have a pretty good base. If you throw your head towards your back knee rather than your front knee, you would get more line tension and a faster rotation.

robertr720 10-30-2007 9:16 AM

Let go of the rope with your back hand half way through the rotation and you will stick it. getting off of your edge early is the way to go but if you watch your vid you can see that you pop before the peak of the wake and are not getting all the air that you could. Also after you let go with your back hand make sure that as soon as you see your landing that you focus on pointing your board towards the flats and that will help you get over your toe edge and ride away. Be careful that when you point your board out towards the flats to land that you are not looking down at your board but up at the shoreline and that will keep you from popping the handle as you land.

wakenerd 10-31-2007 1:03 AM

bflat53212, you are right I definitely threw my head down on my front knee. I thought about throwing my head down on my back knee before, just as what you said. I think I would definitely have more line tension and my board will land with a better angle as well, thanks. <BR> <BR>Robertr720, I definitely need to let go of my rear hand and I know I didn't pop at the peak of the wake. I would have gained a lot more height if I had done so. It has been difficult for me to delay my pop. I do the same for my HS backroll. I wonder if there's anything to do to kick the bad habit???

benny_g 10-31-2007 8:09 PM

hey man... i used to have this problem and i sussed it by changing a couple of things.... <BR> <BR>1st... with you r cut which is almost perfect dont flatten out till you hit the down bit of the trough of the wake... dont worry about your speed because the next bit will help yu stick the p outta this trick....start to switch your edge as you come up the wake...next... <BR> <BR>2nd. Stay rigid.. like a stiff board (standing as straight and tall as you can) till you leave the top of the wake... this will help you delay your pop and at the same time shoot you straight up and all you have to do then is the rest of what you are already doing... <BR> <BR>it may seem foreign coming into the wake like this but the power coming through your feet to your head is what alot of people miss on their toeside... if you start to crouch early or come in bent.. the power you have prebuilt in your cut will only go as far as your hips.. causing you to flip fast and low.. <BR> <BR>stand tall..stand rigid..drop your back hand 3/4 through your flip and i guarantee you will stick this trick next time you are out.... <BR> <BR>now on the landing think one and a half somersaults... seems bizarre again but this will put you over your toeside egde for the landing and help you ride away clean... the peeps that throw this trick and butt check generally only rotate the 350 degress of this trick.. you want to actually go over the front... <BR> <BR> i hope you stick it man... keep us posted... <BR> <BR>benny <BR> <BR>(Message edited by benny_g on October 31, 2007)