WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Which tower is best (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795691)

krazyk25 09-26-2012 3:08 PM

Which tower is best

I am looking for a wakeboard tower for my 1986 sea ray 170 Seville which tower would be the best for my boat?

boardman74 09-26-2012 3:14 PM

Depends on the style you like and how much you want to spend. Alot of the towers out there might cost more than the boat is worth. I would check out the monster towers first.

polarbill 09-26-2012 3:18 PM

For that boat I wouldn't put much into it. I would go with a cheaper universal tower. A moster MT1 would probably be my choice. Look at Trick towers. They might make something for cheap that might look ok. If you want a nicer custom tower look at Samson sports or new dimensions.

kko13 09-26-2012 3:49 PM

I agree with Brett...keep it simple and cheap..Monster makes great stuff and stand behind it. Thats what I would go with I have insatlled a lot of them and the really do work and look good. Its a pretty easy DIY you and a buddy could do in a day.

nitrousbird 09-26-2012 5:05 PM

A for sale sign and the money you were going to spend on a tower to go towards an 80's direct drive that already has one put on it.

krazyk25 09-26-2012 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kko13 (Post 1785795)
I agree with Brett...keep it simple and cheap..Monster makes great stuff and stand behind it. Thats what I would go with I have insatlled a lot of them and the really do work and look good. Its a pretty easy DIY you and a buddy could do in a day.

Ok thanks for the info

krazyk25 09-26-2012 5:33 PM

OK Thanks

krazyk25 09-26-2012 5:35 PM

I was thinking monster tower myself but also liked the looks of the aerial assault but wasn't sure about the quality of the assult.

skuhleman 09-27-2012 7:35 AM

My uncle has a 86 sea ray seville 19ft. And if you have the same windshield and I'm betting you do, the aerial won't look right because your side windows are straight, and the side bars on the assault are curved. I have seen it done on other boats and looks terrible. But they make another one that has a straighter side bar that would look much better. I had a DIY wake pro tower on mine and it was great, aside from the polishing it once a month...

wakereviews 09-27-2012 8:10 AM

sent PM - I'd stay away from the Assault. I have not heard good things about side to side stability on that one.

baumnerd 02-16-2013 6:12 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the Samson Sports Blade Tower? It looks pretty sweet, but looking for any feedback from anyone who owns one, or has ridden one. Thanks.
Samson Sports Blade Wakeboard Tower

Alleykat 02-17-2013 8:07 AM

I'll second the Samson Sports stuff. There towers are all very solid, quality made pieces. I tend to have agree with the rest of the gang that budget should be a consideration factor for that boat. There are some cheaper towers out there that are decent in comparison to the Samson product. Check out this site for some decent budget orientated stuff .http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisp...=70&cat=Towers

whiteflashwatersports1 02-18-2013 6:14 AM

The Samson will be worth more than the boat. My wife and I installed a Monster on our 2005 SeaRay in about 4 hrs. Worked great with no issues until we traded boat last fall. Monster stands behind their products and is easy to work with.

williamburell 02-18-2013 6:19 AM

Quote:

sent PM - I'd stay away from the Assault. I have not heard good things about side to side stability on that one.
pos tower.

jagermeister 02-18-2013 6:28 AM

We sold and installed 47 types of wakeboard towers.. I can tell you the pro's and con's of each tower.. Probably quite a few manufacturers that you haven't heard of either... They come in a range of prices.. from $700 to $5500.... I can help if I know what is your price range..