WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeskating (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68124)
-   -   Wakeskate -- Big Rider?? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609753)

sfy03 08-05-2008 7:48 AM

Hey Guys -- <BR>I'm new to the forums..just found the website and figured I would post up a question I had! <BR> <BR>Brief history: <BR>I Bought an old Cassette Wake Skate about 5 years ago or so, when I first was introduced to wakeboarding and wanted to be a tad different (thus buying a wakeskate) -- never really rode it back then, just stuck with wakeboarding! This past weekend I took the old wake skate out to try and ride it, and just couldn't seem to get up (mind you I ride very well wakeboarding, so I'm not 100% a newbie)-- so anyways, I'm thinking this board I have now, just isn't as "current" as today's board..what i mean by that is that maybe since I'm a larger rider, I need some type of board that has a foam core rather than wood, to allow a little more flotation of the board! <BR>What do you guys think?? <BR> <BR>It just seemed the board wouldn't "pop" up out of the water like I'm use to, rather it would sink, therefore I'm thinking maybe I'm needing a board that is more boyant like a "foam core" type board -- since I'm a bigger rider! <BR> <BR>the facts: <BR>6'3" -- 300 lbs. <BR> <BR>Any suggestions on a new board that would suit me well?? <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>-CJ-

ethan31 08-05-2008 3:57 PM

I'm big also. <BR>6'5 240. I ride a New Bigfoot. Its wide, really keeps you on top of the water. It has really good pop on ollies and pops well off the wake. it is really fun to ride. <BR> <BR>If you want to sell the cassette, let me know. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by ethan31 on August 05, 2008)

lovin_the_wake 08-05-2008 5:22 PM

I was going to suggest the bigfoot as well

skateonwater564 08-06-2008 5:55 AM

im with them, the boards bigger and will keep you afloat better then most boards, which cassette you got??

sfy03 08-06-2008 6:12 AM

Awesome -- thanks for all the info guys..my only question on the wood decks is, are they better flotation/boyancy/keeping a bigger guy on top of the water than the foam core boards?? <BR>basically which is better for keeping me on top of the water -- wood or foam core?? <BR> <BR>Im not worried about pop/w2w/ or any of the other factors that make a good board, just something that will be big enough for me right now -- the more technical stuff will come later! <BR> <BR>I will take pics, and hopefully post them up here of the cassette skate i have -- im not sure about which one it is! <BR>I have heard though that they are rare, and people are paying pretty pennies for them -- so im not sure if i want to get rid of it right now, or keep it as a piece of history, or hopefully maybe someday ride it! But if it means giving it up for a good board (i.e. New Bigfoot) for me right now, i may just sell it! <BR>Thanks again fellas!

wakemitch 08-06-2008 12:46 PM

CJ, not all composite boards float more then wood decks. also, that doesnt matter when your on top of the water. surface area and speed keep you up.

lovin_the_wake 08-06-2008 6:24 PM

I completely agree with Mitch

dlwsrider 08-06-2008 6:44 PM

Mitch is right, as always.

proimages 08-08-2008 10:16 AM

I've got a hyperlite karma 43" for sale <BR>good board for big riders.. <BR>darrin at wakesurfskate com

sfy03 08-08-2008 3:14 PM

Darrin- <BR> <BR>I just emailed you.. <BR>curious about the board for sale, hit me back up: <BR><a href="mailto:Sfy03@aol.com">Sfy03@aol.com</a> <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>-CJ-