WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WakeNation trip... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779688)

bbsxkills 05-19-2010 1:40 PM

WakeNation trip...

So summer is here which means school for me of course. It should be a pretty tight schedule between riding and hittin the books with most of my weekends already booked for events and any other free time going to riding up on Lake Martin here in Alabama but I've got a couple 3 day weekends with nothing going on and I was wondering if a 10 hour trek to Ohio would be worth it. I love rails/cable so I'd really enjoy a trip up there. I was wondering if anybody had any opinions about WakeNation. Like, dislikes, the people, rails, etc...give me some of your thoughts and they will be much appreciated!

Luker 05-19-2010 1:57 PM

FYI dawg... the 230 dude is up at WakeNation right now and we're all hanging out at PWT this weekend, so I'll get a rundown from his as well (he just hit me up this afternoon)... but I'm interested what everybody else has to say too!!! Tell us what to expect people!!! We love Tampa cable so how does it compare? Worth the extra 2-3 hours? Good rails? Smooth water?

gangster_wake 05-19-2010 3:21 PM

check it out... www.cincywake.com

wkbrdr 05-19-2010 5:31 PM

we drive about 5 hours to go there....

its worth the drive, the place will get busy in the afternoon and you do get a lot of locals from 12 to 1 on there lunch breaks (that must suck)

a lot of range fro beginner to pro...its a great time...

ljbecker 05-19-2010 6:25 PM

The parks great, all the rails are built super strong and smoothe. Just got a new, huge, iceberg thing that is unreal and has a million possibilities and a new kicker thats a true booter. Also putting in an uprail soon that will be favorite of the skaters. As far as the people, coolest bunch of guys and gals you'll ever meet. Super chill and helpful. I've rode OWC, Tampa, TSR and Wake Nation and Wake Nation ranks at the top or surpasses all of them. Truly amazing cable...

wakenation 05-19-2010 7:25 PM

Wake Nation is awesome, although I am a little biased. You can check out our 2010 obstacles and layout at the following link. It's definitely worth the trip!
http://wakenation.com/ourfacility.html

Ruchus 05-19-2010 7:51 PM

The place is sick. Nice 70' transfer box, 80' A-frame with a sweet wall ride transfer, 65' flat bar which is about 3 feet high. A new kicker which is the best I have ever hit and I have been to all the parks in florida. A kinked rail which Is pretty narrow. A small fun box and an up rail is being made this week its about 40' long with a one foot ollie on. 6 smooth corners. All the people there are fun and like to help no matter how good you are. The complex is state of the art. there is a trampoline with a handle. Concessions and a sweet pro-shop. There are some cheap hotels pretty close to the park. The water is much smother than and florida park because its midwest with huge oak trees surrounding and its not costal. Hope you make it down. Im Anthony ask for me if you come up.

spearing 05-19-2010 9:20 PM

IMO Wakenation is the best USA park to date. they have it all, smooth water, top notch facility and lots of rails. you will have a great time. I drive 5 1/2 hours from Michigan for about 4 weekends last year.

Luker 05-20-2010 6:40 AM

Yeah from the site the obstacles look rad... I'm down fasho.

How's the camping situation?... we'd prolly just post up at the park or close by... on the ground or in the car or something. Hotel fees aren't in our vocabulary hahaha

luke22885 05-20-2010 7:32 AM

Drove down from Chicago with a group of 14 last Friday for the day (only about 4 1/2 hours). The place is awesome. Made 2 trips down last summer and already planning a 2nd and third trip for this summer. A lot of fun, GREAT people that work there. Highly reccommended. Not sure how it is on weekends cause we have always rode there Fridays and there were not many people there at all.

ljbecker 05-20-2010 7:44 AM

Hahah Theres a few parks that allow camping abouut 15 mins out. Theres also A person with 5 acers across the street that lets people camp for cheap...

l_b 05-20-2010 8:06 AM

It's the only cable park I've been to but was well worth my 10+ hour round trip. The place is really nice and I like Anthony said they are adding to it. Its in a big a$$ city park so there is places to camp.

bbsxkills 05-20-2010 2:10 PM

ha looks like it's going down then...

ljbecker 05-21-2010 10:15 AM

Wake Nation is for sure a great place to go. No matter what you want to ride, wakeboard, skate, skiis ect.. there is something for every skill level. Whether you are trying to get up for your first time, or you are trying rails and flips, Wake Nation is the place. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Good place to ride for sure.

superair502 05-21-2010 10:39 AM

I live two hours away and get up there every chance I get. The sliders are really solid, sturdy and fun and the cable is soooo smooth. I have rode at owc twice and a few cables in Germany and wakenation is my favorite by far.

05-21-2010 10:43 AM

Mason where you from? Indiana here but 2 hours from there as well.