WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Molding Ronix Bindings (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779278)

A7X_LSV_23 05-07-2010 9:20 AM

Molding Ronix Bindings

Just bought some 09 Ronix Cell bindings for myself and 07 Ronix Rise bindings for the wife. As far as I know, you can heat them up and molding them to your feet. Anyone have a good process that works for this??? Bath tub with really hot water? Hot tub to 104-108 degrees? Which process works the best and how hot do you actually have to get them.

05-07-2010 9:24 AM

When I bought mine at local shop they actually had a machine for this purpose. It was like a tube that they would stick into the binding and it would blow heat into it ( thats what she said ) and he would keep it in there for about 5 minutes ( thats what she said ) and right when he took it off I stuck my foot in and it was crazy how you could feel it molding to your foot... My suggestion dont use water but rather a heat gun which you can get one for like 10$ these days at home depot and just heat it up then stick your foot in.

jeff_mn 05-07-2010 9:30 AM

Has anyone rode their bindings for a significant amount of time and THEN heat molded them and rode them? What was the difference? I have the 09' Cells and haven't molded them yet, wondering how significant the change is. They are awesome as is.

05-07-2010 9:33 AM

Jeff the only difference obviously is your foot is just going to be more supported in your arch allowing no pain in your foot. If you dont experience any problems with it now then I wouldnt worry about it to much .. It just feels alot more comfrotable.

wakekat15 05-07-2010 11:01 AM

I would have the local pro shop heat them up for you and get them molded. The biggest difference I could feel was the decreased motion from side to side (I have a narrow foot).

I've also been contemplating whether or not the foot injury that I recently suffered was due to NOT having on a heat molded binding. I switched from the Ronix Relik (heat molded) to the women's version (Faith, Hope, Love - not heat molded) due to a warranty issue and not being able to get the replacement Reliks timely. I guess I'll never know, but I just don't think my original Reliks would have allowed that type of foot flexion that was the root cause of the injury.

(Well, in reality, rider error was the root cause for landing a tantrum on top of the 2nd wake vs the downside!)

NoahSS 05-07-2010 2:02 PM

this is kinda a different question but how do the ronix cell bindings run size wise? Ive got an awesome deal on some but they are a size bigger then i usually wear, will they be huge?

liquidmx 05-07-2010 2:12 PM

I have not heat molded mine and prefer them that way. The same applies to my hockey skates and the argument I have heard in the hockey community is that baking the materials breaks them down to form to the foot but decreases the life of the boot (which I already have a problem with).

Noah...in my experience Ronix's run a bit large in sizing. I am a 9 1/2-ish foot and wear the 9's since they pack out a bit. If returning them isnt an option I would try wearing a pair of socks.

pip9ball 05-07-2010 2:45 PM

I don't know about the Ronix bindings, but I just picked a pair of PB Floyd's and used my conventional oven to heat the liner up 200 F for 15 minutes then strap to your foot and let cool for 15 minutes.

-P

flydenrict 05-07-2010 4:43 PM

I second pip with the oven. I too have PB Floyds and did the exact same thing. Not sure if I baked them for 15, but for sure at 200. You can check on them I guess. Make sure they get plenty squishy so they mold well.

Also I wear a 10.5 shoe and wore 10 Ronix Cells and a 10 PB Floyd. I always just assumed you could size down because of the heat molded boot. I have not had problems with them not fitting, so thats what I go with.

you all seen Harleys video on Chad's site? good lord