WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How well do the Vantage bindings work? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782035)

Laker1234 07-26-2010 1:30 PM

How well do the Vantage bindings work?

It's time for new boots and am asking for opinions about the Vantage bindings. I've had my Shane's for two years now and love them but I am curious about the Vantage bindings--are they comfortable, does the strapping work, will they last for at least two seasons?

kamighazi 07-26-2010 2:14 PM

Rock the house. love those boots. superduper comfy. straps work perfect, super fast in and out, and you adjust on the fly. I'll do velcro from here out if i can....

But.... quality is garbage man, i went through 3 pair in a few months (new shanes too for that matter). Points of failure is all over those boots. the 'Air' cavities bust, the actual binding plates break, the sewing seams come completly apart. (all of which happened to me).

crosenhahn 07-26-2010 2:53 PM

Super Comfy and love the velcro...you can get them super snug or ride a little more relaxed. But like Ben said durability is a little lacking. I will definitely be getting another pair next season however.

Laker1234 07-26-2010 3:12 PM

Thanks

wakeandsnow27 07-26-2010 3:37 PM

Im still crossing my fingers on mine failing in any way. I've probably taken them out maybe 10 times, probably a full 25 sets behind boats.
So far it's all an incredible experience.... very happy with them, but have heard they lack in longevity.... im hoping I got a freakishly awesome indestructible pair, but I doubt it. :)

wakeandsnow27 07-26-2010 3:39 PM

^on second thought, I have the open toe pair and I wish I had closed toe. I do notice that on larger landings my left foot sometimes creeps forward on impact. Just barely, but noticeable enough for me to have to wiggle it back a little.

Luker 07-26-2010 3:39 PM

2010 footbeds have inserts that move around a bunch... other than that they're dope.

twc 07-26-2010 4:00 PM

On my second pair. They are comfortable but as everyone else has said the build quality is not the best. My next binders will be something different.

I will keep a pair of Vantages for a slider board though.

cheesydog 07-26-2010 7:14 PM

Vantages are so good except as everyone said durability is the issue. There is a way to get around this if you dont mind thinking outside the box. The 2010 Melissa's are frikkin awesome. They take all the good bits of the vantage (ease of entry, comfort, support, velcro) and put it on LF's baseless plate WITHOUT the air cells. Super comfy and they have held up really well for me this year and I smash cable 7 days a week so I know when gear is tough.

07-26-2010 7:54 PM

I rode the Shanes in 08, the Soven's in 09 and am now on the 2010 Vantages. The liner is the exact same in all 3 boots, however, I have noticed that the Vantages are stiffer than the previous two. I am a big fan. Really comfortable bindings. I recommend them.