WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   West coast cable park (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781134)

dclarke 06-29-2010 4:09 PM

West coast cable park

Who was 1st to open one

jonb 06-29-2010 4:43 PM

Pretty sure that the 2.0 at Wolf Lakes by Fresno was. Heard that one is going up in Big Bear.

wake_upppp 06-29-2010 4:52 PM

I dont think there are any for public use are there? San Diego opening in the spring of 11 is all I've heard about. I havnt ever heard if the Wolf Lakes one ever opened to the public. Anybody kno?

breakz77 06-29-2010 5:01 PM

One is opening or opened in Reno

wake_upppp 06-29-2010 5:05 PM

Reno would be a start. Closer from the bay area then Diego anyway... this is the first I've heard about Reno

wow4l 06-29-2010 9:22 PM

Yes it is true that thier is a wakeboard park in the Reno area it is located 30 miles south just outside of Carson City right off of hwy 395. The Park currently has three of the four 2.0 systems up and operating. We also will be having a amazing pre nationals warm up camp with cable and boat sets July 10 thru the 16th with Featured pro rider Shawn Watson and other pro riders. In adition to having cable systems open to the public we also have camps through out the summer till september. the website is currently being updated ceck it out at www.wowwakeplace.com the first cable wake board park on the west coast!! The system that is currently at Wolf Lakes was even used by us at the Reno boat show and taken down and loaded into Kyles dads pickup and than installed at Wolf Lakes. The forth system 2.0 will be installed the week of july 10th and it will feature the one and only stepdown lake in the United States. Come and check it out. Next years plans include the digging of a new lake and installation of a full size cable system right next to hwy 395.

wolf_watersports 06-30-2010 8:43 AM

Doug, let's not be silly!! Just because Pat LET you use my 2.0 for a demo in Reno at a boat show inside of a building on carpet for two days does not mean you were the first! We were installed and running March 17th here at Manna Wake in Sanger, CA just outside of Fresno. Not a big deal just kinda weird that you were still advertising "First on West Coast" when you are not even on the West Coast and were definately not first? Last time I check the maps Nevada doesn't touch the ocean? Maybe first in Nevada? Sounds good. Check out www.mannawake.com. Peace out

hyperlite 06-30-2010 9:35 AM

hahaha......ouch. someone ring the bell, this kids done. ADRIAN!!!!!!

wakejunky411 06-30-2010 10:08 AM

Just got back from taking another set on Manna wakes 2.0 I have been riding on it since March and the 2.0 is awsome so much fun! I am so pumped for the rest of the season out at Manna wake!

bbr 06-30-2010 10:41 AM

Yup, been on the 2.0 at Manna a few months ago; pretty sick. I am pretty stoked that it's close to home as well.

Viva Manna Wake!

ldr 06-30-2010 12:54 PM

Does mana have any rails/obstacles set up? I've been hitting up the site but haven't really seen any updates.
What are the prices? Ive wanted to stop by again and check it out but have been pretty busy lately.

ldr 06-30-2010 12:56 PM

Now i feel like an idiot.
Just checked the site and all the info is up now.

romes 06-30-2010 2:40 PM

who cares who was first.....4 is better than 1 anyday

brhanley 06-30-2010 3:02 PM

Meow, meow, hiss! Funny, I don't hear many people traveling to Fresno, or the Central Valley for that matter, to enjoy beach or surf if touching the ocean = "west coast." Just saying. In any event, stoked to check out any and all cable parks in the pacific time zone. We'll be hitting up WOW soon, whether it's the first, second, third, or fiftieth, cable park around, I could give a hoot. More cable parks, the merrier. We'll post back on here with pics and reviews.

06-30-2010 3:26 PM

Last time I checked the maps Fresno didn't touch the ocean either.

Should have a full report from WOW in the coming weeks for y'all. It's much closer for most of us Northern Cal folks regardless of whether or not it's in a state that borders the ocean.

nsolis220 06-30-2010 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romes (Post 1603480)
who cares who was first.....4 is better than 1 anyday

exactly Josh its 4x's better

since you cant have many hits on a single 2.0 I couldnt imagine hitting 2 rails only over and over. I can dig it for a day thats about it. To me thats more of a set up for a someones personal use and thier boys.

Isnt exactly on the west coast eiether and reno has more stuff to do than just driving home after. Cant wait until the full cable goes in next yr.

wow4l 07-01-2010 12:23 AM

Hey kyle glad to here that you finally got your system up and running good, congrats. I really don't have any problem with you wanting to be known as the first cable on the west coast. I really think that issue is like the wich came first the chicken or the egg. We had two system 2.0s shipped to us in wich you recieved one of from us after reno boat show. You finished your install before we finished ours. so is it who had one first? or who had it running first? or who opened to the public? After talking to you on the phone earlier today I think we both understand the situation better and it really doesnt matter to me to be known as the first but rather as the most complete and best so I will cancel any further use in our advertising with the claim to be the first and work on my number one goal as being the best. I might get silly though and claim to be the FIRST IN THE NO Coast. HaHa just kidding. I forgot you don't have a Coast either. Just glad that we both agree that 2.0 was the first cable system in the West Coast, because of all the hard work Pat has done to grow our sport of Wakeboarding. GO West Coast cable parks can't wait for San Diego to open too.

wolf_watersports 07-01-2010 8:10 AM

Right on Doug! I love you now! We have never even spent one dollar advertising being first on the West Coast but just thought the thread deserved a response. We have only said first in Cali. I hope things work out for both cable parks as they are truly needed bad in "the Western United States of America", better? I'm sure that if Germany alone has over 60 cable ways, Cali can at least support the three that are in motion as we speak! Big Bear, WOW and Manna Wake. I am just super pumped and thought that everyone else would be that we are finally getting some stuff going over on this side of the country!! I'm sure we all have a little different business models in mind and yes we fo sho will not be the largest cable park and it is mostly for myself and my bros but we don't mind sharing the love and hope others will come ride with us. Wakeboarding will always be our passion and I assure you all the stoke lives just as much here as anywhere else in the world. So, in conclusion....I think you and I should get together and have a breakfast muffin some time!! Oh yeah...thanks to all who have helped us get going here at Manna Wake...: Phalanx Wakeboards (Ricky G & Troy), CWB, Company Wake, Slingshot Wakeboards, Wake Park Project (Panakos & B-Dahl, Herb Bauers Sporting Goods, Wakeboard Mag and Alliance!! All super sick companies to work with!!

steezyshots 07-01-2010 8:57 AM

I don't think it matters who's first.. Who is going to be bigger and better? The west coast needs to get it's act together and get a legit cable park!

TheSarge 07-02-2010 10:11 AM

So here is an idea. Maybe it already has it it but, what about a live webcam? That would be sweet! Most ski resorts have em, why not for the cableparks and then you can watch people ride or see how busy it is? Hook it up fellas!!

26lacefield 07-05-2010 9:23 PM

I've been riding the cable at Manna Wake since mid March and have loved it everytime. The thing that i love about being out there is that Kyle makes everyone feel like you belong out there. Its not about him getting rich off of the riders. Its about hanging out, having fun and pushing the riding levels farther than when they first came there. In the past 2 weeks i've learned a hs roll to revert, hs rayley with some different glides and was getting close on hs back mobes today. I haven't attempted any of those tricks behind the boat but it will put my confidence level way up there knowing that i can do them on the cable. I would love to make trips to all the cables but Manna Wakes is where my boarding home is.

wolf_watersports 07-08-2010 12:19 PM

Thanks man it's good having u out here!! You have learned a ton of new tricks quickly on the 2.0. To everyone else....come check us out and can't wait to ride with ya!! Also, keep up on our website www.mannawake.com for dates on our second FLAVOR GAMES. Last year was sooo much fun with the night time rail jam, D-Up contest and wake contest. This year's FLAVOR GAMES is even going to be better with a System 2.0 contest as well!!