WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   HS BS 180 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469069)

lyle 06-28-2007 7:45 AM

so I know it is a pretty basic trick, but I think I wanna try and tackle it, any advice??

lyle 06-28-2007 8:29 AM

seems like I have seen some folks bend over and pass the handle behind the knees, doesn this help at all?

kingskrew 06-28-2007 10:39 AM

Learn it 1 wake (inside out) first. This trick can be learned with or wihout a handle pass (land wrapped). I suggest learning it with the handle pass because if you do it makes taking it to a HSBS 360 much easier. <BR> <BR>As far as doung the trick itself, pull the handle to initiate the spin and lead with your head. Land with your weight over your toes edging away from the wake. The handle pass can be made early or late, depending on what feels more comfortable to you. Good luck! <BR> <BR>-Steve

jusstty 06-28-2007 10:43 AM

Wait a long time to iniatiate the spin, until your falling out of the jump. Landing blind looks pretty sweet.

ronnyboy27 06-28-2007 10:56 AM

I've taken some hard falls trying to learn this trick but the 1st time you land it it feels awesome.

06-29-2007 5:42 PM

this is far from basic but steve gave some great tips esp. learning them one wake. it will save some brain cells doing it this way. trust me. <BR> <BR>also dont even attempt to land blind at first. pass the handle, then learn to land cuffed, then land blind.

kingskrew 06-29-2007 10:24 PM

Blind != wrapped

dlwsrider 06-29-2007 11:30 PM

if your rotating to fast, throw in a grab, it helps slow you down and forces you to pass the handle later

liquidmx 06-30-2007 2:49 AM

I learned in the flats first. Cut out really hard on your heals, then toss an ollie bs 180. Get those really good first. Get used to landing BLIND. Literally landing looking backwards, there is a reason they call the trick a blind 180; which is the hardest thing to convey to people having trouble with the trick. <BR> <BR>After that take it inside out, as mentioned above, then start with a decent one waker, then move to two wakes. Remember start out with a really low line tension and yank that handle at the peak of your jump to initiate rotation. <BR> <BR>Good Luck.

sweg 06-30-2007 2:52 AM

Hmm when i learned this trick i started over one wake but it didnt go so well. Then i started doing them flat just edge out when u flatten of just ollie bs, i dont land wrapped i prefer a handle pass. When u start doing them w2w i found out that the key thing was just to pull the handle on your way up really hard with both hands and then wait with the 180 just before u hit the water. Hope this helps GL

brody 08-16-2007 9:46 PM

I want to get blind 180's too. Is there any way to practice them before getting on the water and I also don't have a tramp.

thane_dogg 08-17-2007 1:10 PM

if you're getting the rotation and falling over backwards, you're not waiting long enough to initiate the spin. <BR> <BR>If you're getting the rotation and falling forward, you're almost there. <BR> <BR>Ollie BS 180's and inside out bs 180's really really help preserver brain cells when learning this trick.

dnp33 08-27-2007 4:17 PM

i can land them every time in the flats, but i cant do it when i try from the wake, because i cant pull the handle in as well. any tips for the handle?

liquidmx 08-27-2007 11:11 PM

Here is how I learned them, after doing the ollie's, etc. <BR> <BR>When I first learned them, I really focused on "drifting into the wake". By this I mean pulling the rope into about 70-75 ft and carrying a low line tension. I started out over-rotating and landing on my heels (a sign of both over rotation, looking at the boat, and early initiation). As I progressed I learned that it was a much lazier trick. I could initiate the spin later and be okay. It really took a lot of trys, and falls to get comfortable spinning and landing blind (as far as not looking at the boat, I pass the handle) (without over-rotating). I almost dont start the rotation until I am coming down from the jump, like a late BS 180. As I progressed I was able to let the line back out to 80ft plus. As I took them bigger I learned I had to wait even longer. To help make myself wait I started grabbing indy. When I didnt wait, I would land front foot heavy and go over the nose. I still do this depending on day, wake, speed, etc. Overall it takes time to get comfortable landing blind and timing that initial pull. Thane is right on, if your over the front, your really close. I also noticed that I was getting lazy in my approach, and started putting more weight on my back foot to help with going over the front. I think of putting my weight on my back foot, leaning back a little, and just hangin on for the ride into the wake, make the boat pull you into the wake. <BR> <BR>Good luck, and stick with it. Its a super fun trick.

wakemandan 08-28-2007 7:47 AM

I tried one of these last time i was out, did a nice nose dive.

ronnyboy27 08-28-2007 8:10 AM

I recommend wearing a helmet when trying these! I've seen stars more than once when trying them.

jpboarder 08-28-2007 11:48 AM

I wouldnt recommend wearing a helmet when trying any trick on a wakeboard, unless you are using a slider. No offense Ron, I know it only makes sense to wear a helmet but I have gotten most of my concussions from wearing a helmet. The reason you shouldnt wear a helmet is because when you smack your head against the water with a helmet on, the surface area of your head is now a lot larger then it would be with no helmet, causing a more intense impact against the water, which increases chances of a concussion. So the reason you wear a helmet when using a slider is because the impact force is the same but you are really protecting your head from busting open and not a concussion.

schoney05 08-28-2007 2:12 PM

best way to do this is try them ts tell you get them stomped and learn how to land blind and wraped the get behind a jetski and try your hs 180 i konw it sounds dumb but it is way easy to learn how to do a lot of tricks it helped me out a lot