WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jet ski out of no where (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799261)

raceman693 07-24-2013 4:16 PM

Jet ski out of no where

Just thought I'd share this video. Jet ski hits a girl & on top of that it was her first time wakeboarding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_nDPt3zTmI
Best if watched in HD setting

bcrider 07-24-2013 4:27 PM

She catches her toe edge just before the jet ski comes across and goes down slightly before. Either way, the person on the jet ski should be beat down for not paying attention.

lifetimewarranty 07-24-2013 4:30 PM

Care to tell us more?

My first impression is that it seems weird that nobody is screaming at the jet skier and the boat just keeps going straight for what seems to be a lot longer than needed after the incident...

And this is easily one of the weirdest first posts ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman693 (Post 1835508)
Best if watched in HD setting

LIKE, HUH?

slowwwflowww 07-24-2013 4:56 PM

Wow how the hell did he not see what he was about to do!!!!!!I"ve had jetskis jump my wake in one instance he flew over front of it and almost ran himself over.But this makes my blood boil!!My worst fears are those jetskiers getting stupid while I have a rider in the water,which is why I try to find remote water.But somehow they come out of nowhere:banghead:

raceman693 07-24-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty (Post 1835513)
Care to tell us more?

My first impression is that it seems weird that nobody is screaming at the jet skier and the boat just keeps going straight for what seems to be a lot longer than needed after the incident...

And this is easily one of the weirdest first posts ever.

LIKE, HUH?

Sorry I was in hurry to post; busy time of year with work & daily chores. I've been trolling around on wakeworld forums for couple years now & I just not big into posting anything until now. I do want to say thanks to everyone who contributes to the forums; you guys save me & I'm sure a lot other people a lot trial & error when it comes to wakeboarding.

Yeah how this happen was messed up; the guy on jet ski is actually the older brother to the girl wakeboarding & I don't really know him. But anyways he was drinking & thought it would be cool to try to scare his sister & yeah the video shows end result. She is fine but was definitely shaken up & luckily the only part that hit jet ski was the board itself.

snork 07-25-2013 5:39 AM

Ho Lee Shiot

pprior 07-25-2013 6:45 AM

Paging captain Ho Lee ***.

lifetimewarranty 07-25-2013 8:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raceman693 (Post 1835569)
Yeah how this happen was messed up; the guy on jet ski is actually the older brother to the girl wakeboarding & I don't really know him. But anyways he was drinking & thought it would be cool to try to scare his sister & yeah the video shows end result. She is fine but was definitely shaken up & luckily the only part that hit jet ski was the board itself.

WOW....thanks for the story...so did he have his arms broke?

brett33 07-25-2013 8:32 AM

whoa, catching that toe edge was just about the best thing that could have happened...

ttrigo 07-25-2013 9:09 AM

What an idiot!

chillinoj 07-25-2013 10:51 AM

That is the sketchiest thing ever, glad to hear she was alright

shorewake 07-25-2013 12:00 PM

I hate jet skiers. I live at the Jersey Shore and nothing better than a jet skier jumping your wake 10' behind the rider or just cruising right past your rider or in front of your boat. And we have the orange flag law in NJ. How hard is it to see the orange flag sticking out of the top of my fly high pole signaling others that I am towing someone.Usually guidos trying to impress some chick that look like snooki. Rantin a little bit their.

Also a friend from HS tried to tell me how it takes more skill to drive a jet ski (he has a stock 3 seater btw nothing special) than wakeboard... almost pissed myself laughing

bftskir 07-26-2013 1:04 PM

She saw it comin and took a dive caught the edge on purpose, smart chick, stupid older brother

JohnP 08-02-2013 12:11 PM

Raceman any word on how the girl is doing after this accident?

Sent from my Obama iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteflashwatersports1 08-02-2013 12:19 PM

I f in hate jet ski's - Damn lake lice!!