WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Flex Boards For Boat Riding (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797740)

JonathanPlotz 04-21-2013 6:12 AM

Flex Boards For Boat Riding

I really like flexy boards behind the boat because the landings and really soft and to me it's over all more fun ride. Between the (All 2013) Liquid Force FLX, CWB Jive, Humanoid Plank, has anyone ridden these behind the boat and could say something about them? I haven't been able to demo any of these yet

westsidarider 04-21-2013 8:36 AM

I have been riding the CWB vibe behind the boat for 3 and going on my 4th year now. I love it because the board is basically featureless (aside from fins, which are adjustable meaning you can move the in and out tip to tail. I only have fins on my toe edge of the board) but being featureless makes the board incredibly fast which I love just as much as the flex.

breakz77 04-21-2013 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westsidarider (Post 1817847)
I have been riding the CWB vibe behind the boat for 3 and going on my 4th year now. I love it because the board is basically featureless (aside from fins, which are adjustable meaning you can move the in and out tip to tail. I only have fins on my toe edge of the board) but being featureless makes the board incredibly fast which I love just as much as the flex.

+1

As Callen stated this is a fast board with great pop and adjustable fins. I'm also on my 3rd year riding the Vibe behind the boat and don't plan on switching any time soon,

tdickman4 04-22-2013 4:39 AM

I have the cwb vibe behind the boat. I love the humanoid oracle behind the boat and at the cable park. I just bought a ss recoil for the boat

JonathanPlotz 04-22-2013 9:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdickman4 (Post 1817971)
I have the cwb vibe behind the boat. I love the humanoid oracle behind the boat and at the cable park. I just bought a ss recoil for the boat

let me know how the recoil is when you take it out, 2013?

tdickman4 04-22-2013 10:22 AM

2012 recoil. I don't got money to get current year products. I get to ride it this upcoming weekend so i'll let you know

behindtheboat 04-22-2013 11:07 AM

I hated the Vibe, felt it was the worst board I'd ever ridden, and can't believe people, like those above, that could actually do anything on the board. Featureless is right, but I did not find it that fast. More that it drug around, unresponsive, slow and heavy, or just an overall drag. Also doesn't hold up at the park very long for being a featureless/obstacle board. Props for liking and making that board work.

ilboarder12 04-23-2013 1:32 PM

I've been riding the recoil (2009-2013) board on boat and cable for many years now....as many people have said before the landings are super soft once you learn to land a little tail heavy. the pop off the wake is great for wake to wake straight up pop but takes a little getting used to, by that i mean as you edge into and through the wake the board flexes, storing energy and releases it as you come off the peak of the wake..also its a blast to butter and press around in the flats

tdickman4 04-29-2013 4:46 AM

The 2012 recoil was awesome behind the boat. loved it.

WakeJp12 04-30-2013 10:42 PM

Yo dude, I recognized your name from YouTube. . Its Jordan from JPandGG! I havent really tried too many flex boards, but my friend said the 2012 recoil sucks behind boat, but he isn't that good haha sorry I'm not much help, just thought it was crazy that I knew you lol

WakeJp12 05-01-2013 10:13 AM

No dude, I was talking about plotz haha

sidekicknicholas 05-01-2013 12:43 PM

I've been on flex boards since the orignal hyperlite roam... Slingshot Recoils for the last 4 years, they're awesome... doubt I'll ever go back.