WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Snowboarding (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11975)
-   -   season pass alpine meadows? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741423)

kickflip_mj 10-15-2009 10:47 AM

so i found out i can get a really good deal on a pass his year, i want to get back into back into bombing stuff. etc, im over the terrain park for a while. is this a good mountain?

shredhead 10-15-2009 11:32 AM

Yeah, it's a great hill. IMHO Squaw is better and they had some really good deals this year too, but I think that time has passed.

shellyrn 10-15-2009 11:32 AM

Very good mountain!!!

shellyrn 10-15-2009 11:35 AM

I learned to ride at Squaw many years ago and still go there occasionally. I do like Squaw, but enjoy the vibe more at Alpine. If you are getting a deal on the pass, you will not be sorry!

10-15-2009 11:40 AM

Alpine is the shizz. Great free riding and the park is decent too. Tons of really good terrain. With the Squaw pass that was offered I also expect that Alpine will be pretty empty this year, so more freshies for you!

guido 10-20-2009 10:43 AM

Squaw is going to be a joke this year. If you don't live in tahoe and get to ride the mid week fresh, then a pass at a place like Alpine will be bada$$. <BR> <BR>Cool mountain. You'll love it. The only downers is that it gets "blown out" pretty easily and they close the top of the mountain. Also, there are still a lot of slow lifts there. Really only a problem if the mountain is busy. <BR> <BR>If you can get a deal, DO IT! Have fun. Hopefully it'll be a good snow year this year. I'm ready for it.

liquidmx 10-20-2009 10:51 AM

You think Evan? It will be interesting to see if there is a shift from South Shore to Squaw as a result of the pass. I wonder how it will affect Heavenly, SAT and Northstar? I have heard of quite a few peeps buying that pass but maybe that's just my small world.

guido 10-20-2009 6:12 PM

It's such a great deal for a pass for what is arguably the best mountain in tahoe. I think it's safe to say that the crowds will be deep on fresh pow days. <BR> <BR>I doubt it'll pull much from South Shore. I think a lot of the guys that bought there would usually have Northstar or Sugar Bowl passes. <BR> <BR>It doesn't much matter to me. I'll be riding wherever the homies are riding. Probably going to be Squaw a bit more this year than in past year, eh Scott? <BR> <BR>I'm hoping it draws the crowds though. I'm still pass-less, so I'll be riding wherever I can get a hook up or the crowds are small.

nsolis220 10-20-2009 6:59 PM

I guess squaw is one of those places you just have to know. I went there on a pow day i was so disapointed when the snow was really wet and only less than a ft of fresh. My boy called on the way home from kwood and was telling me that it was a few ft deep everywere on he mtn let alone he out of bounds stuff. <BR> <BR>i think on a pow day most people in south shore head to kwood or heavy <BR> <BR>(Message edited by nsolis220 on October 20, 2009)

shredhead 10-21-2009 12:36 PM

^^^ <BR>Conditions change everyday. Kirkwood and Sugarbowl are much higher and hence get more/drier snow. But Squaw's terrain, KT, Headwall, Silverado and Palisades are pretty hard to beat. Wind doesn't close KT that much and on a storm day it is close to heaven. <BR>Obviously if you can move around and go to all of them, that's best.

10-22-2009 9:57 AM

You know it Evan, picked up my pass last week. I'm now officially part of the country club. Getting a Sugarbowl pass too though, so we'll still be hitting that up on the regular.

guido 10-22-2009 12:21 PM

Now you're going to have to get yourself some polo's and cardigan's. <BR> <BR>Sick!!! <BR> <BR>Bring the snow.