WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   How do You do an AIr Tantrum ( Bell Air ) ? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8213)

08-04-2001 8:44 PM

Hey how do you do the Air tantrum? Ive been trying to do it but I dont seem to get released from the water? Any Ideas? Thanks.

08-06-2001 12:56 PM

I would like to know too. I can get tantrums behind a seadoo, but thats it. I always seem to need a little bit of wake. Any suggestions?

08-06-2001 5:00 PM

Hey guys <BR> <BR>I ride in the INT League and one of the outlaw riders here does the Bell Air in his run everytime. He explained it to me like this. <BR> <BR>Cut outside the wake heelside a little ways then start to drift back in towards the wake toeside. When you get to the bottom of the wake cut back out hard like you are going to surf the outside of the wake. You really have to crank it back out hard heelside to load up the line. Then when you feel like you have a good hard line slam on the brakes fast going onto your toeside edge this will cause your toeside edge to dig down into the water a little. This will simulate the effect of the wake popping you over. You really have to throw it hard up and not out the back. The better you can throw it straight up while rotating backwards the better. If you are used to throwing low aired tantrums off the wake then you will have a hard time with this one. Just rotate hard and fast and suck up the landing with your knees. Hope this helps guys. Thanks to Nick Griffin for this one.

08-07-2001 9:12 PM

Thanks for taking the time to ask him for me, but every time I try to slam on the brakes, I just do a huge Powerslide. If you could please ask him if he knows what Im doing wrong that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

08-17-2001 3:53 PM

I learned a re-entry tantrum first. This might help. Get in the trough on the side where your toes point toward the wake. Surf the wake a few times, but don't go all the way up it...just ride in the trough and try to feel the pop you can generate by cutting your board up the side of the wake and try to keep your upperbody motionless. Once you feel like you can keep your upper body still and surf up the wake, try to throw your board as fast as you can up the side of the wake by edging your board right up the wake toeside, but keeping your upperbody over the trough. Once your board gets to the top of the wake, let your feet keep going through the wake and then throw your head up and back. Your feet will continue head over heels and come right back down in the trough where you began after you've hucked the flip. It's a fun trick...then this will teach you to really get on your toeside edge quick, like in the Bel-Air. Try to do the same thing for the Bel-Air but instead of using one wake with no speed, get a lot of speed and dig your edge in hard for the pop. This will simulate the same effect...ideally. Bottom line...just takes practice. You "feel" it after you've tried it enough times. Have fun