WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   First Time Buyer Need Help! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780578)

yo123 06-14-2010 12:28 PM

First Time Buyer Need Help!

I am looking to get my first wakeboard boat. I was wondering what the draft is on the boats. Where the boat will be is a shallow area to get into my boat lift. Any imput would help. Thank you.

pip9ball 06-14-2010 12:32 PM

Please provide specific details on the boat model and we can help you. The draft will vary from mfgr.

-Phillip

yo123 06-14-2010 1:26 PM

Looking at 2004 moomba mobius LS

MattieK27 06-14-2010 1:33 PM

http://www.moomba.com/archive/04mobiusls/index.html

22"

Around 2' is a good estimate for inboards of that size...

06-14-2010 1:39 PM

do yourself a favor and shop around. buy supra over moomba. moomba is at the lower to lowest end of quality buy nautique over all else. an 03 210 nautique will treat you very well and you can find some killer deals right now. more info on what you want to use it for would help.

yo123 06-14-2010 4:59 PM

When you say killer deal. What type of price range are you talking?

brainrinse 06-14-2010 5:14 PM

Moombas are fantastic boats and aren't low quality by any measure. There isn't one universally appealing boat and everyone has their own opinions on what's best. Personally I found a new Moomba LSV much more appealing than 8-10 year old Nautique, but again everyone will have differing views. Definitely spend time looking closely at the boats themselves as well as dealers, resale, reliability, etc. Good luck in your search!

yo123 06-14-2010 6:05 PM

How are they on gas? If you have you ballast full and riding all day. Is there any engines you would recommend that are good or bad?

slidin_out 06-14-2010 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 1597076)
How are they on gas? If you have you ballast full and riding all day. Is there any engines you would recommend that are good or bad?

You weight any wake boat down with 1500-2000lbs of ballast and try to ride all day you will most likely burn the whole tank and then some in most situations. 24" is about the draft depth for all of them. If you are just beginning most any wake boat or inboard weighted a little for that matter will serve you well for many years of riding while you progress. I have an 03 Super Air Team Edition that I only fill the factory tanks because that's enough for my level. Now sometimes we weight it down with 8 people, the factory tanks, and then a couple of 350lb bags and it throws a wake that I usually hurt myself on. By the way got my 03 SANTE for 25k.

joesell 06-14-2010 6:28 PM

RM, I can agree that Supra is better then Moomba, but there supposed to be. There both made by the same company on the same assembly line. It's like comparing Toyota, and Lexus. The Moomba is by no means a low quality boat. They throw a huge, clean wake. There powered the same as any of these boats. They just don't have all the bling of some of these other boats. Thats where they save money. It's exactly the kind of boat somebody new to the sport should be looking for.

06-14-2010 7:07 PM

my opinion of moomba stems from seeing wallys in them, their price to wake ratio, and the fact that they don't have a wake team. simple as that.

jay_g 06-14-2010 8:38 PM

I love how people trash moombas.

dru1974 06-14-2010 8:52 PM

rm you are so disillusioned it isnn't even funny, you insult me and obviously many, many other people by your comment as the moomba mobius is the most popular boat on the market today. do your frigin homework dood, tell me what is cheep or whatever on them.ass

jay_g 06-14-2010 9:00 PM

The favorite part of my moomba is no monthly payment. I couldn't say that if I bought anything else new. Im not a pro wakeboarder, nor do I aspire to be one. All Icare about is having fun on the water with friends and family. So far the moomba has not let me down on that

dru1974 06-14-2010 9:18 PM

gotta say i have had ski boats or maybe my father but my moomba is my first and i love it and the rest of my family have boats too, calabria, mb and nautique, mine is comperable its mine, paid for and i love it and so do my friends.

06-15-2010 12:25 AM

while i agree that you should get it how you live and do what you need to have fun enjoying the water, i just don't like em. the good thing is what i think doesn't matter.

cwb4me 06-15-2010 3:26 AM

you are wasting your time with this arguement or discussion on moomba.it would be the same if you were talking about tige or axis.the Masters of the universe and Super And uNique owners Know their boats are superior because they paid more and had theira$$ kissed more.it's just like with cars.the pursuit of perfection owners think their bling is better than your reliable transportation because they paid for it.i could buy anything i wanted,but i agree with Jay,my boat being paid for and the fact i'll never be a pro wakeboarder[no boat will make you one]is the reason i bought a quality boat with a great wake that looks good.it's even more fun in the winter with NO PAYMENTS!

speedy841 06-15-2010 6:06 AM

Well my 2 cents is this, get a boat that you'll enjoy and don't worry what others have to say. I've had a number of boats and just this past summer I purchased my first Inboard and I love it. Why because it's mine and I love to boat just like on my other I/O boats. It's about enjoying a nice day on the water with friends and family enjoying the sport. Remember that in the end it doesn't matter what others say, but it's how you feel about the purchase whatever it is.