WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   First Mobe (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325066)

05-09-2006 4:02 PM

Well, I've my ts frontroll, scarecrow, hs fs 3, backroll, roll revert, tantrum and landed 2 hs fs 5 at the end of last season. What mobe should I start to work on for this season : Whirlybird, crow mobe, tootsie roll or any other idea?

wakeeater2003 05-09-2006 4:13 PM

If you can land toeside threes I would try crow mobes first. But you can also try whirlybirds since you can do tantrums. My advice would be to get on a trampoline and see which ones feel the most comfortable. The first mobe I learnded was a big worm. And that is supposed to be pretty hard but it just came easy for me so just go with what feels comfortable. later, Mike

05-10-2006 1:03 PM

Is big worm one more 180 than a diesel? Is so, you landed big worm before diesel? I do trampoline everyday, I'm very consistant with my tricks which are : pete rose, moby dick, KGB, crowmobe and crow mobe 5, ts fs oa 9, mobius, g-spot, tootsie roll, dum dum and my whilybirds but I do know how to explain it but I spin them like I do the tantrum and the overhead bs 3 but they still look strange so don't know if it's a good thing to try them on the water.

wakeeater2003 05-10-2006 2:04 PM

A big worm is a toeside front roll 5 with no handle pass. I can't do them on the tramp only on the water. My advice would be the mobe you feel the most comfortable on tramp. Give that one a shot. I learned big worm by just hucking my body after missing a double up. I landed on the board without the rope. Couple of tries later I stuck it. Since then I have learned crow mobes moby dicks and whirly birds. Just go with what feels comfortable. And you never know unless you go for it on the water. Good luck, MIke

antbug 05-10-2006 2:18 PM

Damn Mike I didn't know you could ride like that! <BR> <BR>I promise I'll send that "thing" to you soon. I know I've been lagging bad.

twakess 05-10-2006 4:28 PM

Ant mike had some pics of him in alliance of him doing the Big Worm. Not many people do them.

kingskrew 05-10-2006 4:47 PM

I think it's one of the coolest looking moves out there. Mike, got any pics? Vids? <BR> <BR>-Steve

wakeeater2003 05-10-2006 8:22 PM

Actually the pic was in wake boarding mag. I will post some videos of it soon. I am going on vacation for two weeks so i am planning on landing some new stuff. But I will take some video with the new camera i got, and put them on wakeworld. I hadn't done a worm before this last weekend in two years cause I lost the trick when I learned crow mobes. But I finally got it back. I am finally passionate about riding again, I would say it has been about five years since i have been this pumped to ride. I am going to try some toeside rolls to blind and some other crazy stuff. <BR>Ant whenever you get that out it will be great. I just bought a jurassic park pinball machine tonight for the game room. <BR> Later, MIke

05-11-2006 2:15 PM

What about a toostie roll? Are they that hard?

wakeeater2003 05-11-2006 2:20 PM

Dude I cannot even understand the rotation of a tootsie roll. I don't like looking over that shoulder. Saying that tootsie rolls are supposed to be one of the easiest handle pass inverts to do. If you got it dialed on the tramp. I would say go for it. My girlfriend can do them awsome on the tramp and she is going to start trying them on the water very soon. Probably in a week or two. Good luck and go for it. Later, Mike

poodle 05-24-2006 7:07 PM

mike is right tooties are one of the easyest handle pass mobes as long as when you hit the wake you squar up like a tantrum but therow the front keep the handle in realy tight and pass early come in like you would for a normal front keep your chest up on the landing and you should stick it in no time good luck

05-25-2006 9:11 AM

do you have a video of a tootsie roll so I can watch it in slow motion? Does the feeling on the water look like the one on the tramp?

tings00 05-25-2006 9:33 AM

jean what the heck is the wakeboarding trick called g-spot

05-25-2006 1:43 PM

it's a toeside backroll with a back side 180. And if you do a bs 3 then it's called a blind pete I think.

wakeeater2003 05-28-2006 4:47 AM

Crushed my ribs on a whirly on vacation still have some footage of a few big worms i will post on line. I won about a thousand dollars playing poker in two weeks which makes the ribs feel better but not all the way better. Later Mike <BR>Good luck with the tootsie roll

bigpapaf1f 05-31-2006 12:27 PM

Hey Mike, The Big worm in wakeboard mag, where you on a Premier at Canyon lake? If so I remember that!! If that was you! Thats was dope!! I used to look at your pics all the time!!! SICK BRO! <BR> <BR>Whats the trick to the bigworm? I have been thinkin about throwin one, Just don't know how to go about it. <BR> <BR>Good luck on the ribs get well soon. Later BG

wakeeater2003 05-31-2006 1:57 PM

It is me on a premier but it is not at canyon lake, it is at lake tulloch. The key to the big worm is to try them on a turn. Meaning if you are left foot forward you want the boat to have mild turn to the right. This will give you slack in the line. If you try them without doing this the line tension will kill you. It only took me about 10 tries to stick it. And it used to easier for me then a toeside straight air. I just got them back and for me it is an easy trick. Easier then all the other mobes I do. Later Mike