WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Tige Alpha Z Tower speaker options (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795610)

boardman74 09-20-2012 6:26 PM

Tige Alpha Z Tower speaker options

Looking for input from people with the Alpha Z tower. Question is this, is there any other option than using the wetsound speakers that bolt to the mounting spots on the tower from Tige? Clamp on speakers obviously won't work. Nothing against the wetsounds speakers you get that bolt up directly, but they are spendy at almost $1100 and thats cost!! Is there any other company that make speakers that bolt to the tower. Dealer has already checked directly with wet sounds and they aren't any cheaper than thru Tige. Dealer cost is about 1100 on Rev 8's and 1200 on rev 10's and thats without an amp or install.

david_e_m 09-20-2012 6:59 PM

Did you check on Wetsounds Pro80s in white at $699 per pair or the Wetsounds XST650s in white or black for $579 per pair?

David
Earmark Marine

boardman74 09-20-2012 7:18 PM

Thats what I am trying to find!! Where are those at? Are those in the right cans to bolt right up to the Alpha Z tower?

david_e_m 09-21-2012 3:41 AM

Todd,
Many of the Wetsounds speakers share a universal pod. There are only two basic pod sizes in single driver models. So your only concern is adapting to the Tige' tower hole pattern. Since Wetsounds is OEM for Tige' they can give you the options. I would contact Wetsounds directly, get your answers and then you can still work through your local dealer on any one of the less expensive models.

David
Earmark Marine

bryce2320 09-21-2012 4:39 AM

I got rev 10s for 900 from my dealer :)

bryce2320 09-21-2012 4:43 AM

Pro 80s won't compare to the new rev 10s, especially at the end of the rope impo. Depending on where ur at, check around because not all dealers charge retail like your local boat shop probably does..02

boardman74 09-21-2012 6:10 AM

I have already checked with wetsounds directly. Thats why I am asking on here if there is another option. I am sure they can put a less expensive speaker in the cans that bolt up to the tower. They told me it is a special can for the Tige tower and you can't use a normal can as there is no adapter to that hole pattern and plate shape.

Bryce if you got rev10's from your dealer you stole them. Thats not even cost. I have the 2013 price sheet in front of me and MSRP for Rev8's id $1413 and the 10's is $1547. As far as I know that is without an amp.

jonblarc7 09-21-2012 6:41 AM

Your getting ripped off then. Earmark marine has REV 10's for 1149.99 on there website and REV 8's for 999.00.

I would go somewhere else!!!!

david_e_m 09-21-2012 6:55 AM

Hold on before making assumptions.
If the Tige' price list is different than the Wetsounds MSRP. then keep in mind that Tige' product comes with custom molded Tige'-specific extended mounts that aren't cheap.
Here is what I would suggest. Tim with Wetsounds handles the Tige' account and knows all the particulars. Email twhite@wetsounds.com directly. Give him some time in case he is traveling. If there is a alternate solution, since Tim was involved in the tooling, he is the guy to talk with.

David
Earmark Marine

chpthril 09-21-2012 7:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1784600)
I have already checked with wetsounds directly. Thats why I am asking on here if there is another option. I am sure they can put a less expensive speaker in the cans that bolt up to the tower. They told me it is a special can for the Tige tower and you can't use a normal can as there is no adapter to that hole pattern and plate shape.

Bryce if you got rev10's from your dealer you stole them. Thats not even cost. I have the 2013 price sheet in front of me and MSRP for Rev8's id $1413 and the 10's is $1547. As far as I know that is without an amp.

Todd,

I think there is some misunderstanding between you and whom ever you spoke with at Wet Sounds. Every tower speaker pod that Wet Sounds currently offers, except the Rev410, will bolt directly to the Tige Alpha-Z tower in the 4 OEM spot. Even the old Pro60/80, MB8 ans XST's can be retrofit to mount to the Z tower. You just need to order the "X" mount Wet Sounds.

What you cant get from Wet Sounds are the cosmetic collars between the pod and tower, that ONLY come with the speakers that are purchased through your Tige dealer from Tige. This collar is only cosmetic. They provide a seamless transition from the pod to the tower, but are not needed for fixing the pod to the tower. They are only available from tige, and only come with a set of speakers.

I hope this helps

boardman74 09-21-2012 8:02 AM

Thanks Mike that is exactly what I was looking for. So pretty much if I want the collar I need to order them thru the dealer.

Blair as Mike said they are a special thing, which is why I asked about the specific tower as they bolt to a platform mount molded into the tower and not on clamps. With that said the prices you listed are about what the dealer quoted me, but that sure isn't Tige's MSRP!!! Since it's close I'd rather have the collar and have it look right. If I pay over 50K for a boat no need to try to save less than a $100 and not have it look right.

Next question. Rev8's or the 10's for $100 more? We keep the boat at the cabin so it's used only in motion, meaning we don't anchor out or use the stereo when were not driving the boat.

timmyb 09-21-2012 8:20 AM

If you are only doing 1 pair, spend the $100 and get the Rev 10's and a proper amp. The Rev 10's are the best sounding tower speaker wetsounds has put out to date.

david_e_m 09-21-2012 8:38 AM

I have to agree that if you do not mind the extra mass then go with a largest tower speaker. The 10-inch REV10 is 45 percent larger than the 8-inch REV8. Coincidently the output difference equates to having around 45 percent more amplifier power...so it's significant. More importantly, the larger tower speaker has deeper bass extension and a warmer balance. You can't go wrong with the REV8 either. Technically the REV8 is very close to perfection (an extremely smooth response) over a bit less bandwidth.

David
Earmark Marine

Houstonshark 09-21-2012 8:48 AM

The collars do provide a more finished look but it's really a matter of preference. I ordered my boat with 1 pair of Rev10's (the ones on the outside; fyi, since this pic I have lined up the grills so that they are all vertical) and added the inside pair later on which don't have the collars.

I plan on building new collars for at least the 2 inside Rev10's this off season, if not all 4. They don't look bad at all with the X mount. Most people would not have any clue otherwise.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...8/9c7ab336.jpg

Truekaotik 09-21-2012 9:51 AM

May I suggest the ws420 with your rev10's purchase? Hehe
This unit is by far better than any marine EQ on the market giving you separate inboat and tower control volume wise and EQ wise... Plus the Mic is just plain fun! ;)