WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776965)
-   -   Login Issues (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777028)

wakeworld 03-01-2010 1:11 PM

Login Issues

First off, with this system you use your email address to log in. DO NOT use your user name to log in because it will not work. I've probably answered 20 emails this morning on this issue, so hopefully this will clear that up.

If you are having issues with your account getting logged off unexpectedly, we recommend that you delete your browsers temporary files and re-boot your computer. If you're still having problems after that, post them here.

pesos 03-03-2010 11:09 AM

finally gave in and wiped all my cookies. then autologin was working great for a day. now today again, every time I click a link to ww, it redirects me to my profile page (odd) and i have to log in again...

iridelow1998 03-03-2010 6:20 PM

I know this isn't the old forum but here are my questions regarding logging in. On the old forum I never had to log in but on the new forum I have to log in each time I log on to the web. For example, I open internet explorer and get logged on to the forum. As long as internet explorer is open I can return here anytime and still be logged in but if I close internet explorer and reopen it I have to re-log in.

Second, I don't mind logging in but it seems to not be easily accessible unless I'm just missing the login. I see a signup is available but not a login. It might be cool if the default is a sign in and you have to click a link to actually sign up. I would think there is more sign in traffic as opposed to sign up traffic. Just throwing it out there.

wakeworld 03-04-2010 10:17 AM

We have fixed a major glitch that was causing people to be logged out at seemingly random times. It should be fixed. Please report here if you have any more problems with spontaneous logout (that's a killer name for a band)!

wakeworld 03-10-2010 3:56 PM

If you're not sure how to clear out your cache, here are some instructions...

To clear your cache in Internet Explorer:

1. Log out of your AdSense account. Close all other open browser windows.
2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Internet Options.'
3. Click the 'General' tab at the top of the dialogue box.
4. Click 'Delete Files' under 'Temporary Internet files.'
5. Select 'Delete all offline content' by checking the box.
6. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Mozilla Firefox:

2. Click the 'Tools' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Options.'
3. Click 'Privacy.'
4. Click 'Clear' next to 'Cache.'
5. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Mozilla and Netscape:

2. Click the 'Edit' menu at the top of your browser, and select 'Preferences.'
3. Click the '+' next to 'Advanced.'
4. Select 'Cache' under 'Advanced.'
5. Click 'Clear Cache.'
6. Click 'OK.'

To clear your cache in Safari:

2. Open the 'Safari' menu on your browser's toolbar.
3. Select 'Empty Cache.'
4. Click 'Empty' in the dialogue box.

olskooltige 03-11-2010 6:54 AM

I get randomly redirected to my profile update page using Chrome.