WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jumping from HL to LF... what board? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786308)

skull 03-10-2011 3:54 PM

Jumping from HL to LF... what board?

I have been waiting for a warranty replacement (2011 B-Side) since Jan 20 and am about to start my season... I am getting tired of waiting. After my beloved 08 Era delaminated and then my 2010 Tribute did the same thing I am thinking I need a change of scenery. I also want something I can buy locally.

Can anyone recommend a LF board that would ride similar to an '08/'09 Era?

I tried a Ronix Ibex and it isn't my cup of tea at all. When my new 2011 B-side 140 comes in I will just sell it with a set of like new 2010 Team Bindings (used only once at the end of 2010).

dakid 03-10-2011 3:58 PM

rob, check out the shane board. you'll dig it.

denverd1 03-10-2011 6:56 PM

yup

skull 03-11-2011 4:52 AM

One of my favorite things is to cut out hard HS then change edges quick and do a huge power slide with water spraying over the top of my head (like Shapiro does in most of his older videos). If this board loose enough to permit that kind of stuff easily? Thanks for the feedback. I may go buy or demo one today or tomorrow.

kristian 03-11-2011 5:18 AM

Definitely Demo before you buy!
Where the shane is great, and loved by Joe, Its not my cup of tea.... find it way to edgy, and thats just personal preference, but you should try it.
A lot of people like the watson, watson classic and Witness.
I guess the Watson Classic would be kinda close to the old Era.

See what else your dealer has to demo. From your posts I'm guessing LF and Ronix.... If yes, give Rucks new board a go. (The Phoenix)

But if your fave thing to do is carve, you might want to try a Hybrid or Flex board, they're usually super fun to carve around on.

benjaminp 03-11-2011 7:56 AM

I'll second English in suggesting the Watson Classic. I occasionally ride an 09 Watson and its a blast. Quite loose shape, but still has a lot of pop (compared to my Ibex). Really fun.

Lakemiltonwake 03-11-2011 4:38 PM

I found the Shane to be a loose ride. Very fast and a lot of fun. But definitely try to demo before you buy. I would recommend the Lyman, which is what I upgraded from.. It's basically a supercharged Shane IMO. It's really a shame that the board will no longer be in production because it was in my opinion Liquid Force's best shape. I hurried up and snagged one of the last ones I could find so that I could ride it for one more year.

BCMWAKE61209 03-12-2011 9:51 AM

I have been riding Murray boards since I started riding in like 99-00. Last year I bought a 2010 Watson (not hybrid).

Let's just say I'm glad I did.

You should give it a try....... DEF demo if you can.

skull 03-13-2011 8:17 AM

My local shop didn't have the Shane so I got a Watson Classic to try out. If I don't like it I can switch it out for something else but I think it may work out.

I went ahead and slapped my HL 2010 Team bindings on it for now.

t0nyv831 03-13-2011 10:03 AM

+ 1 for LF Lyman. After my HP Pulse started delaminating, I was ready to try something different. Lets just say that I'm glad I did. LF Lyman just felt proper. Fast, loose when you want it to be, etc etc. I haven't been riding for very long and I'm not advanced by any means but this board did not take any getting used to like my previous board. GL.

Tony

dakid 03-13-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristian (Post 1665127)
I guess the Watson Classic would be kinda close to the old Era.

this.

but, if you can, demo a shane if/when you get a chance. also, i haven't ridden it yet, but based on its description, harley's new board sounds pretty dope.

stoked_32 03-15-2011 10:26 AM

+1 for the Harley. It acts similar to the Watson classic in terms of pop and landings. Rob, The fins are smaller and futher towards the edge of the board so it breaks loose better than the watson for your power slides.

lyle 03-15-2011 1:09 PM

S4!!!