WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Supreme / CMS West Coast Wakesurf Open (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787690)

05-21-2011 7:19 AM

Supreme / CMS West Coast Wakesurf Open

6 Attachment(s)
Some pictures from Day 1 of the event. Yesterday was mostly a demo and clinic day. Feel free if you are attending to post your own pictures or narrative for those that can't attend.

We gave a pull to Brian and his daughter who are up from down Southern California for the event.

It's not a great picture but Supreme has an Illusion Tower on one of the contest boats.

johnboyy7 05-21-2011 10:52 AM

how many boats are there?
can anyone come?
is there a cost?
will this be going down again?
can yall post what board you are riding with the pic?

ragboy 05-21-2011 11:39 AM

We are currently broadcasting live, with very limited broadband on our 3G card.

http://ustream.tv/channel/wake9-open

Be sure to check it out. We have a great feed coming to shore from both boats. Looks great.

05-22-2011 5:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@ johnboy:

how many boats are there? For the contest itself 2. One for each side, but I counted at least a dozen unique boats connected with the event. Soulcraft's new Avy is there, we have our Supreme V226 and at least 2 Tiges.

can anyone come? Yep! Today is all the open division, some of the best riders on the world are there.

is there a cost? Only to ride, viewing and socializing are free!

will this be going down again? Last day of this event is today

can yall post what board you are riding with the pic? James is on his Flyboy, Bryan's daughter is on a Landlock and I think Bryan is on my Flyboy.

More pictures from Day two of the event. Team building starts with identifying agreement points. Four of the best wakesurfers in the WORLD. James out riding, Chase Hazen, Keenan Fleegal and Brian Baker watching. All of these young men will be riding today, you owe it to yourself to be there today!

05-22-2011 5:49 AM

15 Attachment(s)
Various pictures from around the venue

05-22-2011 5:52 AM

6 Attachment(s)
A few more! :) I lost track of what I had uploaded :)

05-22-2011 5:58 AM

8 Attachment(s)
We were out on the boat most of the day, it seems. We hosted, at various times, Jacquline and Ellis Croce and Scott Culp all up from Florida for the event. Ashley Kidd from Texas as part of the photo shoot for Supreme along with the requisite Hot Chicks for said photo shoot. Chase Hazen up from Texas, Keenan Fleegal up from Florida and Brian Baker out from North Carolina.

johnboyy7 05-22-2011 4:59 PM

thank you jeff for the answers and pics. you are a great informant.

one more question... when/if something like this happens again and i come. is there a chance to demo boards? if so, do i have to pay someone to pull me or are there people giving rides so poeple can demo stuff?

05-22-2011 7:03 PM

Thanks Johnboyy, There were a bunch of boats out, even today. It was pretty easy to get a pull, but you might have to wait some. During the closing ceremony I think I heard that CMS had 28 demo boards available. I don't know about cost if there was any. There is no better research than feet on the board. If you get the chance to attend a good demo day, like this one, it's worth your while if you're in the market for a new board.

tonyv420 05-22-2011 7:22 PM

Were on our way back to the PNW. The event was off the hook! We had a great time! Worth the 13 hour drive. Thanks CMS, Supreme, and of course Wake9, finally got to meet all my Wakeworld friends and some other great people! Hope to see some of you at our Nwwsa contest this summer. Everyone check out Soulcraft surfboards, Jeff Whalers you rock, see you in Seattle!

johnboyy7 05-22-2011 8:04 PM

im pretty fired up from reading about it. hopefully i will find out about the next event before the week of and make it out.

tonyv420 05-22-2011 11:51 PM

Correction.....Jeff Wahlers from Soulcraft

Soulcraft 05-23-2011 9:24 AM

The event was a Blast.. I had so much fun and will go back every year... Great people came out and Great people put it together. It was a total succes in my book. Can't wait to get up to seattle to surf with the Tony, Don, and Roger. And Tony thanks for the kind words.....

wofrankwo 05-23-2011 10:54 AM

WOW!! we had a great time and the entire Event seemed to run so smoothly

big time congrats to robert and his family and wake 9 ...... CMS and grant and his family ...... dennis and bre and all the others that were responsible for putting on such a great event.

i ran through 87 gallons of gas for the 3 days and every one of them was awesome fun with over 10 different riders!!

you just cant say thank you enough for all the people involved that provided us with this event!!

wakemitch 05-23-2011 11:22 AM

Such a great weekend. Everyone rode so well. The level of riding this year is nuts.

Frank is the man, hands down.

motogod77 05-24-2011 4:29 PM

8 Attachment(s)
What an awesome event! Everybody was great / great show / awesome demos - I could go on and on - I wish there was one every month!

A couple quick shots - more to follow -

wakemitch 05-25-2011 12:12 AM

The Results!

The Results!

Juniors
First Place: Thomas Garcia
Second Place: Grant Witherell

Masters
First Place: Scott Culp
Second Place: Jeff Walker
Third Place: Judy Walker

Tandem
First Place: Sophia Davi and Adriana Borrelli
First Place: Jessica Garcia and Dennis Horton

Am Women
First Place: Stacia Bank
Second Place: Vanessa Gonzalez
Third Place: Adriana Borelli

Am Men
First Place: Aaron Witherell
Second Place: Chris Wolter
Third Place: Mitchell Lemos

Open Men Skim
First Place: Keenan Flegel
Second Place: Tommy Czeschin
Third Place: Ryan Fair

Open Women
First Place: Jaqualine Fort
Second Place: Ashley Kidd
Third Place: Meredith Kurysh

Open Men Surf
First Place: James Walker
Second Place: Chase Hazen
Third Place: Chris Kinsey

Check out the videos and slideshows on wake9.com
http://wake9.com/community/content.php?417

motogod77 05-26-2011 8:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
A few more - damn come on lets do this once a month!

tonyv420 05-26-2011 10:15 AM

11 Attachment(s)
few more pics from the event

ragboy 05-26-2011 10:16 AM

lol, the outcome of that would be:

Grant of CMS would have a stroke or something.
Amy (my wife) would just pass into a coma.
I would run out of money.
Dennis and Jesse may be up for it. ;-)

We are already planning for next year, it will be even better.

valsurfer 05-26-2011 10:21 AM

Looks like it was a great time wish i could have been up there.Is someone goin to post some official comp photos of the riders here or is it on a different site?

ragboy 05-26-2011 10:27 AM

The podium photos and podium video and live streams are already posted. We have over 100GB of photos and video we are working through. My "crew" is in finals this week, so we will get some done, but more in earnest next week. I am working on the photos, and they will be posted, and then our tradition is to make HD videos of all of the runs, so every run will be viewable in HD. We had ZERO camera issues or foulups with recording this year, so none are missed. Well, a bit of water got in a camera during Scott Culps run and so it was a bit hazy until we could fix it.

Anyway, tons of photos and videos coming. We will also most likely do a compilation video fo the event, and then some type of video using slow mo and stuff to really highlight some of the pro runs and tricks. Those are fun to watch in slow mo. There were some amazing runs. You can watch them on the feeds, although in low res.

ragboy 05-26-2011 10:34 AM

Oh, yes, its on a different site, wake9.com.

valsurfer 05-26-2011 10:50 AM

Thanks Robert a know how much work photos & videos take to complete and i have been on wake 9 also lookin 4 photos have u tryed Windows movie maker to make photo / videos then u can post them on youtube ? keep up the great work

ragboy 05-26-2011 11:04 AM

We actually use some pretty hard core hardware and software to get all of this done. We use Final Cut Studio from Apple for the videos, and will put them on youtube, but we also distribute videos through our itunes podcast. We actually have more subscribers through our podcast, than we do on youtube.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/w...e9/id326140768

We also publish on youtube, and we use Aperture to sort and archive our photos, then publish to flickr. Flickr slideshows and youtube videos will be embedded on our site, and others are free to embed anywhere else. We don't restrict usage, we post under the creative commons license that allows display anywhere for non-commercial use, as long as you don't alter the images.

When we started, we were using iMovie, which is like windows movie maker, although I think better. But we do a lot of stuff that requires FCP.

bcrider 05-27-2011 12:16 PM

Looks like you guys had a great event.

I really like that switch blade tower on the 226.

ragboy 06-02-2011 2:33 AM

Well, the weather sucks outside, but that is probably a good thing since RJ and I have tons of video and photos to sort, edit and post. We should be posting at least one class a day til all is done. We just posted the Juniors and Tandem classes, some great stuff.

I was just looking through the Amateur Male photos and DUDE, Chris Wolter has some great photos in there, a couple of really nice boosts. There is also this great picture of Mitch in the midst of a shuv, and it looks like he is doing some type of fashion air. RJ and I were laughing pretty good, its a funny picture. Those should be posted tomorrow.

Also, check out Adriana's buff arms from practicing lifting Sophia for the Tandem class, great stuff.

Wakesurfnc 06-02-2011 5:07 AM

haha me mitch and james went and had to practice our fashion airs the day before the comp

wakemitch 06-02-2011 10:24 AM

Brian, we will revolutionize wakesurfing...

ragboy 06-02-2011 12:56 PM

And Chris, on his airs, so funny, he does the "rock on" symbol/sign with his hand. Cracks me up.

ragboy 06-02-2011 1:41 PM

Here is the pic of the Mitch Fashion air, check out the tongue and the finger, cracks me up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/5...7626870707960/

And then Chris cranking it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/5...57626870707960

And then Chris, with the full on Rock On pose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/5...57626870707960

Chris does that with his fingers all the time. Funny how people have their quirks. Maddie puts here tongue all over the place when she rides.

motogod77 06-02-2011 4:58 PM

Nice! What board is Chris riding?

wofrankwo 06-02-2011 5:49 PM

robert you were the first one to point out that chris does the rock on with his fingers last year ...... i never noticed untill you pointed it out ....... almost all his pics whether hes spinning or jumping if his arms are being used hes got the rock on going ..... even both hands and he has no idea why he does it nor is he aware that he does it ..... its completely an unconscious act or quirk!!

the board chris is riding is an original FlyBoy

wakemitch 06-02-2011 6:49 PM

Robert, that was just a frontside boardslide.
Chris is going huge in that first pic!!

ragboy 06-02-2011 7:18 PM

Y, frontside boardslide, whatever, that pose is priceless. I love the finger and tongue in cheek.

ragboy 06-03-2011 3:25 PM

Amateur Men is completely posted now.

ragboy 06-06-2011 1:39 PM

Masters are now UP.

ragboy 06-06-2011 11:48 PM

Amateur Women are posted.

ragboy 06-09-2011 2:18 AM

The open men skim pictures and videos are now up, great stuff. RJ and I were talking about the runs by Keenan and Tommy, both amazing runs. Tommy seems more refined, deliberate, smooth. His grabs especially seem so clean and deliberate. But then you watch Keenan, he is more raw, less smooth, but he does everything like 6 inches higher in the air, and with such energy. And then he just layers one incredibly difficult trick after another. Really fun to watch, a couple of great competitors, but Keenan definitely showed why he is the current champ.

ragboy 06-14-2011 3:24 AM

We had a bit of a problem with our youtube account, causing a delay, but open women is now up, and open men surf is done, will be up later today.

lakesurfer 06-17-2011 7:22 PM

I meant to ask this a while back. Can we get some feedback on the 226 surf wave (I am assuming it pulled the contest). How much weight were you running on both sides. It looks like a great wave in the vid (a lot like shape of an Enzo) .

ragboy 06-18-2011 10:40 AM

It was a great wake, and great on both sides, I never heard a single complaint. And heard several times heard it was about the best contest wake people had ridden. Dennis would have to chime in on the weighting.

motogod77 06-18-2011 3:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Best! The wake is amazing on both sides - I just delivered two and have spent hours in the 226, and now a good friend of mine just bought one - this summer is going to be SWEET - A new V226 and my V232 (which is pretty much purpose built to build a tsunami!) on the water every weekend!

We have been running 1500 lbs plus the stock ballast of about 1000 lbs plus people

A quick pic from last weekend . . . . .

ragboy 07-05-2011 3:28 PM

We are already planning next year's event. Can't wait. We are going to be really focusing our efforts to make this the best event we can do. We did a video of some of the best wakesurfing from this year's event, came out cool, anyway, keep watching

For more information for 2012 as it becomes available.