WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Removing built up water spots (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781839)

kkong72 07-20-2010 6:13 PM

Removing built up water spots

I just pulled my boat out of the water today and tomorrow I plan on washing her up. I have a lot of water spots built up around the rub rail and I'm having trouble removing them. So my question is what are some of your guys special techniques for removing these tough water spots.

ajholt7 07-20-2010 7:51 PM

Boat Bling Hot Sauce

ryanw209 07-20-2010 8:25 PM

A good hand waxing

mendo247 07-20-2010 9:04 PM

Buffer and Compound. The only way IMO. Other ways may hide them but if you have a good eye you can still see them.

A7X_LSV_23 07-21-2010 4:53 AM

I've actually been looking into the Cutting and buffing. Anyone have any certain brands/types of Compound they like to use on fiberglass for that deep color - High gloss shine?

trace 07-21-2010 5:16 AM

Whoa, cutting / compounding for just water spots? Try vinegar or Lime Away first!!

07-21-2010 5:32 AM

kaboom from lowes

mendo247 07-21-2010 6:17 AM

I prefer 3m products. Some like Meguiars or P&S I dont think there is much difference in the product. The person behind the buffer makes most of the difference. "Cutting" for water spots may be extreme but ive seen where it had to be done. I just hit em with the buffer once or twice a year. Cutting is usually not needed. Vinegar may take some of the spots off but if you look close they are still there. Although I could be an idiot and using the Vinegar wrong.

kko13 07-21-2010 7:29 AM

If your going to buff it. wich if you never have it might be a good idea not just for water spots but for an over all good deep cleaning. i would use aquabuff. If you HAVE FADE OR OXIDATION GO WITH THE 1000 IF NOT GO WITH THE 2000. I have tried all kinds of compounds and found this on far better than the rest .

wayniac 07-21-2010 8:29 AM

I have used some cleaner from the motorcycle world like honda-brite or the Kawasaki cleaner and polisher, I have a black and red MC and the Kaw cleaner took off old water spots super easily, these are safe for a boat and work really well, I have used the waterless cleaners for decades on my bikes, now on the boat!

bbeach 07-21-2010 10:21 AM

CLR and water will usually remove just about ANY water spot. BE sure to rewax afterwards.

jonnymatrix5 07-21-2010 10:52 AM

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good wax to help prevent some of the water spots? I have tried a couple but not impressed with anything yet.

bbeach 07-21-2010 2:42 PM

Hands down the best wax I've ever used...
http://www.pinnaclewax.com/

burbanized 07-21-2010 3:44 PM

WAX ur boat

wade_lewark 07-21-2010 3:58 PM

spent 9 days at Lake Shasta beginning of July this year on a House boat, our boat was tied to it and in the water all the time. Got home and thoroughly detailed the boat which had severe water spots on it. Tried Babes Spot Remover, Hot Sauce and Kaboom (all that I had on hand) and nothing touched the spots. Finally tried straight white vinegar and that cut about 50% of the spots, but still have some left over. Was thinking of trying like a Meguires hard water spot remover, but don't know if I will be wasting my $? Do not have any CLR in the house, but might try that, as I can get that at Target for cheap. If these don't work, looks like I will be buffing the rest out?

travisz 07-22-2010 3:17 PM

Have you tried a clay bar by either mequires or mothers.... works wonders...... just make sure to wax your boat after your done and keep it waxed. Then use pledge next time you launch to prevent water spots.

07-22-2010 3:39 PM

toilet bowl cleaner.

fman 07-22-2010 3:41 PM

Once you have them removed, try using a quick spray concentrate wipe down. I have had a lot of success with Driven boat wipe, I have black in my boat and it seems to do a great job of removing water spots at the end of the day and adds a protective coating for your next time out.

texastbird 07-22-2010 5:11 PM

+1 for cheap store brand toilet bowl cleaner. Be sure and wash it off the trailer if you have any drips.

dDavid 07-22-2010 6:35 PM

I'm with Trace, if it is water spots 50/50 Vinegar and water will take care of it. Mix it up, spray on, let sit and wipe off.

skyski1 07-22-2010 6:42 PM

3M Finesse It applied with an orbital buffer worked on my black boat. Vinegar, Kaboom, and CLR did not.

jonnymatrix5 07-23-2010 11:22 AM

I ordered some boat bling sauce, have heard a lot of good feedback so stoked to try it out!

magicr 07-23-2010 11:40 AM

Only thing that would cut water spots on my boat was No. 7 polishing compound, finished off with Meguiars Flagship wax. My boat looks like brand new. I spray it down with wax as I'm wiping it down after boating, and spots have not come back. Vinegar wouldn't touch my spots, (maybe Oregon water is harder). ;--)

joesell 07-23-2010 12:44 PM

I would try 50/50 vinager and water. If that doesn't work, nothing beats acetone. Just stay away from your decals.

wade_lewark 07-23-2010 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesell (Post 1612707)
I would try 50/50 vinager and water. If that doesn't work, nothing beats acetone. Just stay away from your decals.

Acetone will cut water spots? I have gallons of that... just never crossed my mind to try it?

ajholt7 07-23-2010 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade_lewark (Post 1612850)
Acetone will cut water spots? I have gallons of that... just never crossed my mind to try it?

That's a little harsh. I would definately try some of the other suggestions first. If you do use acetone, wax afterwards.

joesell 07-24-2010 11:58 AM

What do you guys think your boat builder used to wipe down you hull, before they put the decals on, before that first coat of wax? Acetone, then the decals, then maybe a coat of wax.

kitewake 07-24-2010 8:41 PM

Babes Pink stuff or Ducky. Keep both of your skin. They are acid and burn....

As soon as you use...wax your boat!

Good god don't use acetone. Yeah...it will take off the spots...but it will soften/dissolve your gel coat too....

wade_lewark 07-24-2010 8:49 PM

tried straight 100% vinegar, and did not touch them. That Shasta water has got some mean ass minerals in it? Tried a little acetone and it did'nt even seem to touch them. might just have to buff them out- Tried Babes, Hot Sauce, CLR, Meguires spot remover and toilet bowl cleaner. The entire week we were at shasta, it was 100+, I think they just got baked in?

helinut 07-25-2010 10:13 AM

Just used CLR on Friday. Mixed 4 to 1 water to CLR. Took a bit of elbow grease, but it did the job. Waxed the boat afterward, and am now using Hot Sauce after our time in the water. This all worked great. Boat looks shiny and new.

bkoz 07-25-2010 12:29 PM

I live in Redding and boat on Shasta a couple times a week at least. I've found nothing that works getting the spots off, espessially on my trialer and I wax 2-3 times a year. Just finished using an orbital and hand waxed and still have mad spots, sucks.

fullspeed 07-25-2010 2:09 PM

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G18010
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G17216

I have even used the liquid Ultimate Compound on my boats windshield water spots....rub lightly.
I only use micro towels. Even when wiping down the boat when it gets out of the lake.
I then use NTX Tech Wax spray on. It puts a thin layer of protections for the next day. I use it before I drop the boat in everytime.
It makes it shine great too. Funny thing is my buddy has the same Malibu as me and he laught at me cause I spray the tech wax after wipe down the boat. It takes 20 minutes it is as simple as spray on the micro towel, wipe the boatd down and then go back with a new clean towel and wipe the haze off. It makes the water slide off the boat and keeps the water spots from digging into your clear coat.

Any ways after a week on the lake my buddies boat looks like crap and mine is still pretty much waterspot free.
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G12718

That viniger water doesn't really work and if it is left on it can screw up all the metal on your boat. Use to do that with my second boat and learn the lesson. Always keep a good coat of wax on your boat and maintain it with the Tech Wax is what I do.

Hope this helps.
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_0608.jpg

bkoz 07-25-2010 7:29 PM

This thread motivated me to go out and try and get the spots off again. I used CLR and a sponge and it definatley worked better than the other stuff iv'e tried. Then I used Magiures boat polish with an orbital and then Magiures carnuba. Looks way better but still can see some spots if you look real close but MUCH better.

wade_lewark 07-26-2010 8:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkoz (Post 1613203)
I live in Redding and boat on Shasta a couple times a week at least. I've found nothing that works getting the spots off, espessially on my trialer and I wax 2-3 times a year. Just finished using an orbital and hand waxed and still have mad spots, sucks.

What is it in the water? what kind of minerals? do you know? had a white boat last year, must not have noticed... but gey/black and they stand out big time!

bkoz 07-26-2010 10:35 AM

Not sure whats in the water but I would assume its just real hard water? Dont have near this much problems from other places I boat at. I dont notice the spots much on the top of my boat cause its white but it really stands out on the dark blue.

talltigeguy 07-26-2010 11:54 AM

Flitz. I had the same problem. The water spots turned to concrete on my boat. My boat was white and I was the only one who can see them when looking at an angle.

With Flitz, they disappeared right away.

liljohn 07-26-2010 3:51 PM

Being at shasta right now and trying to fight the problem before it started (2 coats of starbright polish and 3 coats of colinitte wax sp?) I called around to a few local detail place`s. they all just laughed. Apparently the old copper mines that were left at the bottom of the lake and the fact that this is a valcanic region make the water here extremly hard. I am doing my best to keep them at bay but the water dries as it hits the boat. I have spent over an hour rubbing her down at the end of the day with a wipe down spray and then a second time with a detail wax. On day three I realized that while I was minmizing the problem there are still some spots that will requier my attention when I get home. : ( I hope you guys come up with a good way to get them out!

jonnymatrix5 07-26-2010 4:24 PM

I just got my hot sauce last week. It took out most of my hard water spots but still had a little bit if I looked at an angle. After a couple rounds with the hot sauce I tried some 3M rubbing compound and little more elbow grease and that seemed to take them off. Put a nice coat of the Pro sauce on after cleaning it all up so we'll see how it holds up for next time around!

camassanger 07-26-2010 4:31 PM

I just got back from a week at Shasta too. Left boat in water whole time. Polished and waxed before I left, boat looks terrible now. Water spots and "stuff" all over the boat. Love the lake, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to break out the buffer to polish and wax again... Either way, it's worth it. Shasta is AWESOME!

A7X_LSV_23 07-27-2010 6:28 AM

Alright, this thing was COVERED in water spots and hadn't been waxed all spring/summer long. So you all can imagine how bad it was. I was seriously thinking I would have to cut/buff it all out. But I figured I would try some products mentioned and to see for future sake. So went to the store, picked up, a gallon of vinegar, bottle of Lime-A-Way ($2.18), polish compound, and Micro towels. I knew from previous boats that vinegar you HAVE to scrub and scrub to get the spots off, and even still, they don't come off all the way. So went straight to the Lime-A-Way. Little on the towel, quick wipe a few times and BAM! Spots were GONE! Did leave a little residue which I came back with a towel damped with vinegar to get the chemical off as well. The boat is a 2004 and could be on the show room floor right now. I'd recommend Lime-A-Way all the way. My buddy even brought over Quick-N-Brite and said they'll never order that stuff up again! Here's a few shots after the cleaning.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...-94/Boat-1.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...94/boat2-2.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...94/boat3-2.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...94/boat4-2.jpg

cwb4me 07-27-2010 6:59 AM

wow! THAT LOOKS NEW must be good stuff.

wade_lewark 07-27-2010 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=A7X_LSV_23;1614053]Alright, this thing was COVERED in water spots and hadn't been waxed all spring/summer long. So you all can imagine how bad it was. I was seriously thinking I would have to cut/buff it all out. But I figured I would try some products mentioned and to see for future sake. So went to the store, picked up, a gallon of vinegar, bottle of Lime-A-Way ($2.18), polish compound, and Micro towels. I knew from previous boats that vinegar you HAVE to scrub and scrub to get the spots off, and even still, they don't come off all the way. So went straight to the Lime-A-Way. Little on the towel, quick wipe a few times and BAM! Spots were GONE! Did leave a little residue which I came back with a towel damped with vinegar to get the chemical off as well. The boat is a 2004 and could be on the show room floor right now. I'd recommend Lime-A-Way all the way. My buddy even brought over Quick-N-Brite and said they'll never order that stuff up again! Here's a few shots after the cleaning.

Jason, that looks great! were you out at Shasta? or local other lake on the spots? If Lime a Way cuts Shasta spots, I'm gonna try it! Thanx-

A7X_LSV_23 07-27-2010 12:20 PM

Not Shasta. Just local Lakes in Utah. Which are extremely Murky/Muddy! Not sure how it compares to Shasta but, definitely hard water!

tre 07-27-2010 1:20 PM

I can tell you that over the last 10 years I've tried darn near everything to get water spots off a boat. The only product I've found to work is boat bling hot sauce. Spray on and wipe it off and all the water spots go away. Nothing else has ever been able to touch the hard water spots on my boat from the lake. This stuff amazed me since I did not have to scrub and they all wiped off. I've honestly never seen anything like it. I've tried everything.

mfenton 07-27-2010 5:57 PM

Me and my father own a paint and body shop, and we buff everyday. We use presta products and IMO its the best thing out there to make anything shine. You can bring back the shine on fiberglass with the ultra cutting cream by presta and a black wool pad on a high speed buffer. Then come back over it with the green pad by presta and the chroma polish. http://www.prestaproducts.com/
I use the ultra cutting cream on my boat then I wax it with Auto Magic strawberry wax. Presta makes some great products.

wade_lewark 07-28-2010 8:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tre (Post 1614291)
I can tell you that over the last 10 years I've tried darn near everything to get water spots off a boat. The only product I've found to work is boat bling hot sauce. Spray on and wipe it off and all the water spots go away. Nothing else has ever been able to touch the hard water spots on my boat from the lake. This stuff amazed me since I did not have to scrub and they all wiped off. I've honestly never seen anything like it. I've tried everything.

Tried the Hot Sauce, along with Babes spot remover. Neither of these even touched the Shasta spots. Will try the Lime-A-Way soon and report back.

wade_lewark 07-28-2010 11:15 AM

anyone try using ducky water spot remover? any good?

migs 07-28-2010 11:51 AM

Wade - let me know how that Lime-a-way works out. Ill be in shasta for a week in a month - ill have to do the same thing you are doing - so would love to know how you solved the problem. Are there different Lime-a-ways or just 1 kind??? Thanx

wade_lewark 07-28-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migs (Post 1614857)
Wade - let me know how that Lime-a-way works out. Ill be in shasta for a week in a month - ill have to do the same thing you are doing - so would love to know how you solved the problem. Are there different Lime-a-ways or just 1 kind??? Thanx

Miguel, will do... gonna pick some up today and give it a try. My Bro In Law says he used Ducky's and it did the job. (he was at Shasta with us with his boat) I will see how many variety's of Lime a Way there are, when I go to the store today. Will definately post my findings on how it works-

I spose I will have to try the Duky's if the Lime a Way does not work.
Then if all else fails, have to cut-n-buff. PS; tried some acetone, did not touch the spots...
Spots from HELL!

migs 07-28-2010 1:12 PM

thanx Wade - ill be checking to see your results. This will be my first year at Shasta with my all black & grey boat so ill be in for a treat no doubt. All my previous boats were white - so just some elbow grease and the Babes Spot solver for hard water did the trick. But i know ill need something stronger for the all black.

pierce_bronkite 07-28-2010 2:26 PM

Quote:

anyone try using ducky water spot remover? any good?
Yes. I have, it doesn't remove hard stained water spots very easily. I found that you have to spray it, let it soak and scrub it. It takes some elbow grease.

Lime A Away seems like that would work well but I wonder what that does to the gel coat, if anything?

talltigeguy 07-28-2010 9:14 PM

Babe's spot solver did not do the trick for me.

I am surprised I can't get a second for Flitz, but I swear by it.

Boat bling hot sauce was ordered over 2 weeks ago...and I am still waiting.

A7X_LSV_23 07-29-2010 6:30 AM

I'm Telling you all... Lime-A-Way... $2.18 at your LOCAL STORE! No waiitng! ;) Go down and pick some up. Little Lime-A-Way, clean it up with a little vinegar after that just as a precaution to get the chemical off. And WAX! DUN DUNN DUNNNNN! Errr, DONE!

bbeach 07-29-2010 7:26 AM

I don't understand eveyrone's desire to spend $11 for a small bottle of babe's when Lime A Way and or CLR at $2 or $3 per bottle works so darn well! come on people if you've got money to burn just mail it to me and consider it well spent!

A7X_LSV_23 07-29-2010 7:32 AM

Me and a buddy of mine are working up a game plan... Taking Lime-A-Ways recipe, re-bottle and mark it, turn around and sell it for $9.95. Call it like BOAT JIZZZ or something and then everyone would buy it! And at prob around a 500% mark up! Would have my Ferrari in no time! ;)

tre 07-29-2010 8:27 AM

I've tried Lime-away and CLR in the past on a jet Ski - no luck. Anybody ever tried muratic acid for really bad stuff? I buy it at home depot and put it in my pool. I don't need it but it may work.

wade_lewark 07-29-2010 9:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbeach (Post 1615244)
I don't understand eveyrone's desire to spend $11 for a small bottle of babe's when Lime A Way and or CLR at $2 or $3 per bottle works so darn well! come on people if you've got money to burn just mail it to me and consider it well spent!

Tried CLR, did nothing on the Shasta spots... Have Lime a way, just have not tried it yet, been busy. Hoping to try it today. Jason said it worked on Utah water spots, hope it does so on Shasta spots as well. I will post the results when tested.

wade_lewark 07-29-2010 9:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A7X_LSV_23 (Post 1615246)
Me and a buddy of mine are working up a game plan... Taking Lime-A-Ways recipe, re-bottle and mark it, turn around and sell it for $9.95. Call it like BOAT JIZZZ or something and then everyone would buy it! And at prob around a 500% mark up! Would have my Ferrari in no time! ;)

LOL! that is golden...

wade_lewark 07-29-2010 3:23 PM

OK,
so I picked up some Lime a Way and gave it a try.

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/1.jpg

Boat looks pretty clean from a distance, but up close the spots are noticable on the black:

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/a.jpg

So I decided to try a small section on the ass end of the boat, along the top black stripe:

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/b.jpg

Sprayed the LAW onto a towel, then wiped down the area to wet it, then let it sit for 1 minute, then did the same thing once more. (this realy brings out the spots to see)

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/2.jpg

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/3.jpg

Then I took a wet towel (with water) and scrubbed the sh*t out of it, wiping off all of the LAW:

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/c.jpg

Then I sprayed down with Babes Boat Brite, to finish it off:

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/5.jpg

http://www.futuremediacreations.com/...ix/spots/6.jpg

After all of that, in my opinion, it did NOT remove the spots. It looks great and shiny from a foot away, but if you look close, the spots remain, just hidden by the babes. They are hard to see with the camera up close, but they are still there. I guess I will have to cut/buff to remove them completely? Unless someone else can find something that works on the dreaded Shasta spots from hell!

migs 07-29-2010 3:39 PM

"Sprayed the LAW onto a towel, then wiped down the area to wet it, then let it sit for 1 minute, then did the same thing once more. (this realy brings out the spots to see)"

Wade^^^ not sure im understanding what you did here. Did you wet the towel with LAW and then wipe the spots with that same towel & you did this twice? Did you scrub the spots with the LAW towel - or did you just wipe the spots with the LAW towel - then scrub it with the water towel??? Why not scrub the spots with the LAW towel???

By the way - boat looks awesome!!!!

wade_lewark 07-29-2010 4:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migs (Post 1615558)
"Sprayed the LAW onto a towel, then wiped down the area to wet it, then let it sit for 1 minute, then did the same thing once more. (this realy brings out the spots to see)"

Wade^^^ not sure im understanding what you did here. Did you wet the towel with LAW and then wipe the spots with that same towel & you did this twice? Did you scrub the spots with the LAW towel - or did you just wipe the spots with the LAW towel - then scrub it with the water towel??? Why not scrub the spots with the LAW towel???

By the way - boat looks awesome!!!!

Hey Migs, yes and yes! I sprayed the LAW onto the towel (did not want to spray on the boat directly) then scrubbed the spots with the LAW soaked towel, then let dry 1 minute, then repeated the step. Then took new clean towel, soaked with water and scrubbed some more to remove LAW residue, then dried and applied the Babes.

wade_lewark 07-31-2010 1:13 PM

Gonna try the Clay Bar setup next. Chemicaly, looks like nothing will touch the baked on Shasta spots.
Will take pix and post my findings as soon as my order of clay bar system gets here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

talltigeguy 08-01-2010 12:16 PM

I tried the Lime A Way.

It works for me. I am sure that the Lake Powell baked on spots from 110 degree heat are as bad as the shasta spots. My boat is white and no one can see the spots but me when looking at an angle. But they looked exactly like what Wade's pic seems to show. My FLitz would take quite a bit of pressure and rubbing to get them to go away.

I just soaked the towel in LAW and then wiped it down with just a little pressure. They disappeared for sure. Rather than following up with Babe's, I then did exactly as Jason did above and wiped it away with vinegar. I am way happy with that. It was much easier to get rid of the hard water spots with LAW than with Flitz. My 3M rubbing compound and polish worked also, but it was a major work of love with a lot of stroking and pushing.

I then did the same thing to my transom. 1/2 with LAW/Vinegar and 1/2 with the Flitz. Because the spots were not as bad here, they both removed them perfectly. It seems that the Flitz leaves a better shine to the boat.

So I am sold on the Lime-A-Way and will keep it in the garage, but only for when the spots turn to that thin layer of concrete.

I will have some Boat Bling Hot Sauce on Tuesday. I don't think I saved any difficult spots on the boat...unless I go underneath. Maybe I can try it there. Patrick at Boat Bling promised me that after a week at Powell, I can just pull the boat out and wipe it off with Boat Bling and she will be as good as new. But I sort of expected him to say that, he owns the business.

I have a little bit of the theory with Babe's and how this works....I think that the Babe's actually seals the spots on there with a layer of wax. So if you don't get them off completely and use Babe's they get sealed under the wax and are there forever, until you totally strip the wax with something harsh, like LAW. I was a little scared to use something that said to not get it on my skin or breathe its vapors, but I am sold on it. Anyone think that might be happening?

wade_lewark 08-01-2010 3:28 PM

That is strange how it would work for you on the Powell spots, cause it did not work for me on the Shasta spots... like I said, I will try the clay bar and report back on how that worked?

lionel 08-01-2010 10:48 PM

Tall, you could be right about Babes. I have been going back and forth between Babes and Hot Sauce, trying to figure out which is better? I currently have some faint water spots that only I can see at a certain angle, but Hot Sauce can't get them off. So, your theory could be right. Babes may have sealed the spots on there. Ironically, waxing with Pro Sauce helped remove the spots. I have a product my dealer gave me to try, but it's one of those, use gloves, neutralize with glass cleaner.......

I will most likely start with the transom since that is where the spots are the worst.....

wade_lewark 08-02-2010 11:38 AM

I dont think the Babes is sealing the spots in, nor the hot sauce or others. I can hit the boat with the LAW or CLR and it stips the wax right off. Even tried some acetone, but nothing will ct these. They prolly just sat too long and baked into the gelcoat. I will try the Clay bar next and hopefully this will pull them out.

gravity 08-02-2010 4:13 PM

clay bar might work. if not your gonna have to hit with 2000 grit wetsand and than buff it out with a buffer. the problem is that if they are on the black then they are on the white also but you just dont see them like you do on the black. my boat is the same way i have just been too busy to get the spots all the way off. like you said the wax does hide them, so untill i have time to wetsand and buff it will have to do.

stxr_racer 08-07-2010 12:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Was not looking forward to cleaning my boat then I found.......Scale Away!....Took the water spots right off, followed up with a coat Meguiars 45 boat polish and 56 wax, and Voila...Stoked!

wade_lewark 08-07-2010 8:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stxr_racer (Post 1618948)
Was not looking forward to cleaning my boat then I found.......Scale Away!....Took the water spots right off, followed up with a coat Meguiars 45 boat polish and 56 wax, and Voila...Stoked!

Were these shasta spots?

travisz 08-07-2010 9:26 PM

I have said it once and I wills at it again.... CLAY BAR YOUR BOAT!!!. follow up with a coat of good wax.... pledge your boat before dropping it in and you will never see another spot. You can get a clay bar from 3M, Walmart, pep boys, o reilly or online. Trust this youngster, you will not be let down.